You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ezekiel Elliott possible suspension? (Update pg 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Wiz liked my previous post he's going to LOVEEEEE this one.

Ok, so we all agree that all the league has on Zeke is a lot of conjecture. Nothing proven, no witnesses, no real name or address of the victim, nothing that shows definitive proof that any disciplinary action should be taken.

SO, if the league DOES take disciplinary action it will be entirely based on what they "think" happened and not what could be proven. In short, a judicial system all their own, one that does not hold with "innocent until proven guilty."

Agreed?

If they take NO action then, without little doubt, all the talk will be of how Zeke or his agent or J.J. paid off the victim/victims so there could be no evidence to prosecute legally which would surely end with league disciplinary action.

Can we agree on this?

Then if that is the case the entire argument from a Cowboys fans point of view would be: "The law couldn't find sufficient evidence to pursue a case so they dropped it, period."

The counter argument from non Cowboy fans would be: "That's because the victims were paid off."

The Cowboy fans argument would be: "There is no evidence of that." Even though we all believe in our hearts that that is EXACTLY what happened.

And that is where all of this would linger until it got old and dried up.

So I only have one question here.

If a pending investigation/suspension or other disciplinary action by the league officials could be altered or averted by financial bribes or payoffs, why is it then out of the realm of possibility that a game or series of games could also be altered the same way?

This is a point I tried to make earlier and was, LOL, deemed demented.
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
If Zeke gets suspended for ANYTHING it will be because Mora hand is so far up goodell's butt, that he controls Goodell's mouth.

What we have here is a woman trying to get rich... the actual police saw right through her and closed the case. The incident with the DJ is conflicting at best and again the police have dropped the investigation. No arrests. No pleas. Conflicting allegations. One from a money seeking ho and another from a dude so "credible" that he gave the police his wrong address and phone number.

If the NFL wants to know why fans aren't watching... this is it. The fans booo Goodell relentlessly. Speaking for myself, I'm beyond sick of his act.

I don't disagree with your assessment. My concern is that at some point these off field antics will blow upon him and the team. The 'boys have an issue here

CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havnt read thru this whole thread, but I think the front office needs to reel this kid in. Maybe it time to protect Zeke from himself and give him the Dez Bryant treatment. A 24/7 security team that Dez had for a couple years helped him stay out of trouble in his young and immature stages, and in my opionion is what really helped Dez turn the corner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
I havnt read thru this whole thread, but I think the front office needs to reel this kid in. Maybe it time to protect Zeke from himself and give him the Dez Bryant treatment. A 24/7 security team that Dez had for a couple years helped him stay out of trouble in his young and immature stages, and in my opionion is what really helped Dez turn the corner.

Dez had to consciously sign off on that. The Cowboys can't legally entrap their employees 24/7-365. If you think Zeke would do the same I'd suggest you read the Rolling Stone article Dez, specifically the part about how much money David Wells embezzled out of Bryant as his caretaker/"trusted advisor"

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
TVScout

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:

Dez had to consciously sign off on that. The Cowboys can't legally entrap their employees 24/7-365. If you think Zeke would do the same I'd suggest you read the Rolling Stone article Dez, specifically the part about how much money David Wells embezzled out of Bryant as his caretaker/"trusted advisor"

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/dez-bryant-the-survivor-20150827
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't it been long enough? With preseason coming up in a week or so, wouldn't the league hand down a punishment soon if 1 is coming at all

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Hasn't it been long enough? With preseason coming up in a week or so, wouldn't the league hand down a punishment soon if 1 is coming at all

Imma go with a big fat no based on historical context.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their is talk that Jerry is willing to go to War is Zeke is suspended.

I love Jerry the Owner. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-elliott-may-have-destroyed-evidence-suspension-likely/ar-AApCZGD

Well JJ better suit up. Who's it going to be, Iron Man or Captain America?
ware94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-elliott-may-have-destroyed-evidence-suspension-likely/ar-AApCZGD

Disclaimer: The source is the ever credible, Cris Carter.
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

So lets just for schnits and giggles, say it's true. It's gonna make the police department look really bad.
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

He's like herpes. He never really goes away.
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetFancyMoses wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

So lets just for schnits and giggles, say it's true. It's gonna make the police department look really bad.

I was thinking the same thing reading this. The cops would, or should, be all over this if he destroyed evidence.

------------------------------------------------------
TheGame316

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

I was thinking the same thing reading this. The cops would, or should, be all over this if he destroyed evidence.

This whole "Destroying evidence" thing will millionaire athletes

Like, How long are they supposed to keep old electronics, like phones?

As I sit here with my old/slowing down iphone 5 and 8 year old laptop, squeezing every dollar of value out of them, I ponder if I was in their shoes, I'd have a new device every 3-6 months. Newest and fastest, I'd probably get a new one if I got a scratch on the screen. Money being no object

So, I get a new phone, then, like a year later there's some bogus investigation about a text I may, or may not have received and I'd get "Where's your old phone?"

Tossed it? That's "Destroying Evidence" - Guilty on that fact alone

They are actually pretty smart if that do "destroy" old devices, There would possibly be plenty of (innocent but old) info on there, emails, text messages, contacts, their phone numbers, I wouldn't want an old electronic of mine floating around there that might end up in the wrong hands

Money not being a factor, better safe than sorry. But now it makes you guilty of something, whether you did it or not
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, your reasoning is indisputable. And I agree with ALL of it.

But in spite of it all, it only serves to strengthen my point that the NFL can and most likely will, flex its muscle and exercise its own judicial system based on....?

That is what I am afraid of and pi$$ed off about. If THAT should happen, it offers undeniable evidence that the league can control who it wants to play ie who it wants to win or lose.

They tried it with N.E. but Brady shoved it where the sun doesn't shine! Good for him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: