You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ezekiel Elliott possible suspension? (Update pg 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JShank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many HOF players would have been left out in the cold if they played in the era of 24-hr media and social media? I mean even Justin Beiber does this kinda stuff. . . Young males are historically stupid, filled with pride, ego, and a lack of life experience. When the NFL decided to become the social police it was a mistake. The real police and the real justice system are a disaster, but the NFL is gonna be better?

The expectations for such "clean" perfection are just simply naive, and create a battle that can not be won. Moreover, because the actual problem stems more from media/social media the more popular teams and players will be affected at a much higher rate. These issues are SOOOO much larger than football and football players, the NFL is not some God-like entity that can wave a wand and fix them with any type of incentive//disincentive structure. . . The threat of jail doesn't even fix these issues, suspension definitely won't.

Again, this all creates a NFL structure that is purely reactive to anything that they deem a negative image hurting their marketing. Discretionary punishment is a failed experiment, and will hurt the NFL in the long run. Wanna fix these problems, spend some billions on community building and lobbying for inner-city programs to help ALL disadvantaged youth, not just the ones who can run fast. I live in Palm Beach county, home to the most per-capita NFL players in the world, thje plight of poverty, violence, and crime will not be mitigated by suspending millionaires who represent .00001% of the population.
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to dallascowboys.com police have suspended the investigation into the incident at the night club and Zeke's name was not part of any police report.

Not sure what all this means but man I wish Elliott would keep a lower profile.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/07/19/garrett-speaks-zeke-jaylon-altered-camp-plan-more-coaches-clinic?sf99277368=1

Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
According to dallascowboys.com police have suspended the investigation into the incident at the night club and Zeke's name was not part of any police report.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/07/19/garrett-speaks-zeke-jaylon-altered-camp-plan-more-coaches-clinic?sf99277368=1

It means he took a page out of Greg Hardy's playbook, who's victim was also a mysterious no-show in court.

$$$$$$$$

Maybe that's what Jerry meant when he called Hardy a team leader. Think

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Northland wrote:

It means he took a page out of Greg Hardy's playbook, who's victim was also a mysterious no-show in court.

$$$$$$$$

I hate that you're right, but you probably are. This case *on the surface* seems to have more behind it than the DV case he's involved in (which is a very low bar), but that one has been going on for over a year. Why? The plaintiff wants more money than the kid who got knocked out probably did.

Players aren't getting justice from the NFL or the courts, both are bad looks for the NFL. EE won't learn from this either if he hypothetically made it go away so easily. He's trending towards eventually getting a big suspension for yet another dumb mistake.
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Northland wrote:

$$$$$$$$

Maybe that's what Jerry meant when he called Hardy a team leader. Think

It means Zeke's agent paid the DJ......

Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetFancyMoses wrote:

Actually, in this case I don't think it does, but don't think I'm giving Zeke a pass, here. Hear me out.

The DJ gave police bad contact info, both address and phone number. Now they almost certainly got his contact info the night of the incident, and that would mean he was avoiding police involvement from minute one, not because of some later exchange with Zeke's representatives.

I'll let y'all speculate on the reasons for the DJ wanting to avoid police involvement, but the point here is a person who is afraid of the police to the point that he avoids them when they are trying to help him when he is the victim of a crime is NOT a person that Elliott needs to be around. at all. ever.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:

Actually, in this case I don't think it does, but don't think I'm giving Zeke a pass, here. Hear me out.

The DJ gave police bad contact info, both address and phone number. Now they almost certainly got his contact info the night of the incident, and that would mean he was avoiding police involvement from minute one, not because of some later exchange with Zeke's representatives.

I'll let y'all speculate on the reasons for the DJ wanting to avoid police involvement, but the point here is a person who is afraid of the police to the point that he avoids them when they are trying to help him when he is the victim of a crime is NOT a person that Elliott needs to be around. at all. ever.

How do you blame Zeke for being around someone he's never met? Which as far as I know is the case here.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:

How do you blame Zeke for being around someone he's never met? Which as far as I know is the case here.

I think if I read the story correctly that they did know each other and "DJ" did not like Zeke or vice a versa.

Thanks to Uncle Buck on the sig
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Dirk Gently wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:

I think if I read the story correctly that they did know each other and "DJ" did not like Zeke or vice a versa.

Yea, everything I've read states that Zeke is a regular at the club, and the DJ is their house DJ. So it sounds like they know each other.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke is a legitimate off the field concern, and the Cowboys need to figure something out ASAP.

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs
eagles suck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Adam Jones gets only one game Elliot might get away free. I don't understand the punishment of this league

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20123348/adam-jones-cincinnati-bengals-suspended-one-game-personal-conduct-violation

RECEPTION-69 YARDS-673 TD'S-3
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles suck wrote:
If Adam Jones gets only one game Elliot might get away free. I don't understand the punishment of this league

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20123348/adam-jones-cincinnati-bengals-suspended-one-game-personal-conduct-violation

Maybe Pacman has just wore the NFL down. Goodell doesn't want anymore meetings about him.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Zeke gets suspended for ANYTHING it will be because Mora hand is so far up goodell's butt, that he controls Goodell's mouth.

What we have here is a woman trying to get rich... the actual police saw right through her and closed the case. The incident with the DJ is conflicting at best and again the police have dropped the investigation. No arrests. No pleas. Conflicting allegations. One from a money seeking ho and another from a dude so "credible" that he gave the police his wrong address and phone number.

If the NFL wants to know why fans aren't watching... this is it. The fans booo Goodell relentlessly. Speaking for myself, I'm beyond sick of his act.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't disagree with a word Slam has said here.

But I maintain Zeke's gotta be smarter about the places he chooses to spend his time. Way too much smoke. Any reasonable person would start avoiding the attention.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
If Zeke gets suspended for ANYTHING it will be because Mora hand is so far up goodell's butt, that he controls Goodell's mouth.

What we have here is a woman trying to get rich... the actual police saw right through her and closed the case. The incident with the DJ is conflicting at best and again the police have dropped the investigation. No arrests. No pleas. Conflicting allegations. One from a money seeking ho and another from a dude so "credible" that he gave the police his wrong address and phone number.

If the NFL wants to know why fans aren't watching... this is it. The fans booo Goodell relentlessly. Speaking for myself, I'm beyond sick of his act.

The Clutch incident is not murky at all. All parties know what happened, but you need cooperation, and they aren't going to get that.

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: