You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Evan Engram WR?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fullback

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Evan Engram WR? Reply with quote

If Evan Engram had declared for the draft as WR, weighing just under 230 lbs... Where would you have ranked him among the 2017 WR class?
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Evan Engram WR? Reply with quote

Fullback wrote:
If Evan Engram had declared for the draft as WR, weighing just under 230 lbs... Where would you have ranked him among the 2017 WR class?

He's a first round talent. It doesn't matter what he declared as, the pros would put him where they feel he can do the most damage.
Fullback

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, but if he had slimmed down to 220 lbs and worked out as a WR leading up to the draft, where would he rank compared to Corey Davis, Mike Williams?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldn't have changed his draft stock.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback wrote:
Indeed, but if he had slimmed down to 220 lbs and worked out as a WR leading up to the draft, where would he rank compared to Corey Davis, Mike Williams?

the same as he did already. team's evaluate the guys as players in positions that they think they'd excel at. whether he said he was a TE or a WR, wouldn't change how teams evaluated him.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoobz wrote:
Fullback wrote:

the same as he did already. team's evaluate the guys as players in positions that they think they'd excel at. whether he said he was a TE or a WR, wouldn't change how teams evaluated him.

I agree.
Fullback

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked this question because a significant number of draftniks and pundits ranked him right between Corey Davis and Mike Williams, both of whom went top 10, while Engram fell out of the top 20. One could argue Engram has the route running savvy and quickness of Davis while posessing the size and strength of Williams. If he had shown up at 220 or below at the combine I doubt he'd be considered a TE. So all of you claiming it wouldn't have changed his draft stock basically agree that those 3 WRs that went before him were better prospects, which is questionable imo.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engram as a WR was actually below Njoku as a WR to me. Not a sleight to Engram, but Njoku is just so nasty after the catch that it blows my mind.

I had them ranked them as such:

Corey Davis
Mike Williams
David Njoku
Evan Engram

I had OJ Howard ranked as the top pass catcher, but I did not envision him actually playing WR considering how well he blocks.
Fullback

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Engram as a WR was actually below Njoku as a WR to me. Not a sleight to Engram, but Njoku is just so nasty after the catch that it blows my mind.

I had them ranked them as such:

Corey Davis
Mike Williams
David Njoku
Evan Engram

I had OJ Howard ranked as the top pass catcher, but I did not envision him actually playing WR considering how well he blocks.

Yeah I get that Njoku is a monster aftee catch. But he is nowhere near as fluid as Engram and while he is fast for a TE, he doesn't posess that run away from DB speed like Engram. Howard as a pure pass catcher above Engram, idk what I should say about this. Nobody has ever seen Howard make a contested catch. Top notch blocker though.

I don't see a thing Mike Williams does that Engram can't do, and Engram creates separation unlike Williams.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback wrote:
I asked this question because a significant number of draftniks and pundits ranked him right between Corey Davis and Mike Williams, both of whom went top 10, while Engram fell out of the top 20. One could argue Engram has the route running savvy and quickness of Davis while posessing the size and strength of Williams. If he had shown up at 220 or below at the combine I doubt he'd be considered a TE. So all of you claiming it wouldn't have changed his draft stock basically agree that those 3 WRs that went before him were better prospects, which is questionable imo.

You can argue about what if's about any prospect, it does not change the reality, that he does not weigh 220 or that he will play as a pass catching TE and not as a WR unless his team decides otherwise. For a player, his draft went about where everybody expected him to go, so he is very talented, but we will have to wat to see how he produces before getting too carried away.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: