You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all mentioned it then but man JRob really took advantage of that number 1 waiver spot it was a good move to scoop Kline. Granted we all knew Warmack wasn't going to last one way or another from his play or injury

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok let's do some WR talk. This is by far the best group of WRs we have seen in Nashville in a long time. The Decker signing was a very nice signing he's a good veteran guy to help out the young guys like Davis and Taylor. Hopefully Matthews repeats as a reliable target he had a great year last year.

Who do you expect to make this roster for WRs? Also who do you think are the starters? As far as who makes the roster I say 6 make it Matthews Decker Davis Taylor Sharpe and Weems make it. I also think when we see that first snap vs Oak we see Decker and Matthews as the starting 2 with Davis being the 3rd guy in 3 WR sets.

What do you expect from Davis in the preseason? Do you think he makes a big enough impact early to be the starter or does being the starter not matter with how many 3 WR sets there are in the flow of a game?

Taylor I feel will make a ton of big plays down the field with teams gearing up for the run he'll have a shot to get deep with the play action plays a lot.

Sharpe or Douglas? I say Sharpe I know he has the legal thing going on but I don't think it affects his position on the team I'd rather have him than Douglas. I know Sharpe doesn't really play Special Teams but either he'll have to learn or it won't be as big of a deal with the signings of Weems Trawick and Bates.

As far as expectations I expect big things from this group. Of course all eyes on Davis when you get drafted as high as he did but I really like the different types of WR in this group. Decker is a beast in the red zone and is a great weapon to have. Matthews was phenomenal last year. The rookies have big play abilities. I know Sharpe was thrown down our throats last camp but the kid still did a lot of things well he still has great hands and runs good routes. Out of any position group I am most excited to see this group on the field

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
SuperMariota88

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has never been a better group of WR's on the Titans, and this is possibly the best group top to bottom in the entire NFL. Not necessarily best premeire player, but best overall depth. Would anyone here argue against that?

The one comment you made, 617, Sharpe or Douglas, is pretty ridiculous to even say. Did people forget that he was the#1 at the beginning of last season as a rookie and had a really good season, as a rookie? Why the hell would they part ways with him?

Decker is the best overall player in this group, Davis has the highest ceiling, Mathews is consistent, Sharpe is consistent, Taylor has potential to be the deep ball threat, and there's still Delanie Walker who led the team in catches the past two seasons.

So yeah. this group is really good. I'm not worried about anything on offense, defense needs some work.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMariota88 wrote:
There has never been a better group of WR's on the Titans, and this is possibly the best group top to bottom in the entire NFL. Not necessarily best premeire player, but best overall depth. Would anyone here argue against that?

The one comment you made, 617, Sharpe or Douglas, is pretty ridiculous to even say. Did people forget that he was the#1 at the beginning of last season as a rookie and had a really good season, as a rookie? Why the hell would they part ways with him?

Decker is the best overall player in this group, Davis has the highest ceiling, Mathews is consistent, Sharpe is consistent, Taylor has potential to be the deep ball threat, and there's still Delanie Walker who led the team in catches the past two seasons.

So yeah. this group is really good. I'm not worried about anything on offense, defense needs some work.

In here some people have been down on Sharpe but I'm not one of those people. The other reason the question is asked is because the coaches like Douglas he's a good vet but I don't think he does much on the field anymore outside of drawing PIs and the occasional circus catch TD. The other reason is keep Sharpe is for salary cap situation between the 2 players Sharpe is cheap money for a few more years while Douglas is on the back 9 of his career

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
VY

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
In here some people have been down on Sharpe but I'm not one of those people. The other reason the question is asked is because the coaches like Douglas he's a good vet but I don't think he does much on the field anymore outside of drawing PIs and the occasional circus catch TD. The other reason is keep Sharpe is for salary cap situation between the 2 players Sharpe is cheap money for a few more years while Douglas is on the back 9 of his career

If neither Douglas or Sharpe are going to dress unless of injuries elsewhere, I'm going Sharpe. But who knows they could go with 5 WR's and cut both. Still don't think Weems is a lock with Muhammad and Jackson in the return game. Counting TE's, the 3 rookies (Davis, Taylor and Smith) will take time to develop but they should be able to push for gametime early.

Would love to see Mularkey go more no-huddle early in games and 2nd halfs to get momentum going. While Smith isn't likely to be a trusted blocker just yet, still thinking about no huddle with him and Delanie and whoever our top WR's turn out to be is intriguing. Lot you could do with 2 flexible TE's like that.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:

If neither Douglas or Sharpe are going to dress unless of injuries elsewhere, I'm going Sharpe. But who knows they could go with 5 WR's and cut both. Still don't think Weems is a lock with Muhammad and Jackson in the return game. Counting TE's, the 3 rookies (Davis, Taylor and Smith) will take time to develop but they should be able to push for gametime early.

Would love to see Mularkey go more no-huddle early in games and 2nd halfs to get momentum going. While Smith isn't likely to be a trusted blocker just yet, still thinking about no huddle with him and Delanie and whoever our top WR's turn out to be is intriguing. Lot you could do with 2 flexible TE's like that.

I think Weems is a lock because our ST cost us games last year it just seemed like a point of emphasis this offseason with 3 very good ST'ers and Weems isn't just a returner he also covers returns too

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok TE talk. Walker Supernaw Smith Amaro Cunningham who makes the team. I believe Walker Supernaw and Smith are active come game day. Do you think Amaro makes the team and doesn't dress like last year.

Walker is Walker I'm never worried about him but he does miss a game at least once a year. Supernaw is getting better I hope that continues. The player I'm dying to see is Jonnu Smith. If he can really be a factor and really good then when Walker misses a game we won't take as big of a hit.

I was reading PFT this morning they have us as the 10th ranked team this year but they said our biggest offseason loss was Fasano. I'm not bashing Fasano but when he's our biggest loss we are doing pretty well for ourselves.

I'm not too worried about the TEs I think Smith will eventually be good at blocking but I'm happy with our TEs i think they can all be good weapons in this offense.

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to come over to the new forum.... lol

Shoot over to the feedback forum and request a email and he'll send you one. Our forum over there is a little slim. Need to get all of Titania over there.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Shoot over to the feedback forum and request a email and he'll send you one. Our forum over there is a little slim. Need to get all of Titania over there.

I did it and I haven't gotten an email. It's been days.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind. It was in my spam. I found it lol.

#JDI
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Nevermind. It was in my spam. I found it lol.

Yea I forgot to mention check your spam folders if they're not in the inbox.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

This. I've been left talking to myself more than I'm comfortable with. Laughing

Props to mike23md on the sig
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

What's the link to the new forum
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

What's the link to the new forum

You have to make a post in a thread over in the feedback forum and then you will receive an email. You can update your email in your profile if needed.

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis 2) Tre McBride
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperMariota88 wrote:

What?

We have two receivers on the football team who have proven they're worth a [inappropriate/removed] in the NFL, and one of them is coming off of a very serious injury and it's yet to be seen how it'll impact him.

Davis has done nothing in the NFL. Taylor has done nothing in the NFL. Douglas is a nothing. Sharpe is a nothing.

We're not even in the same universe as the best WR corp in football.

#MTGA

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: