Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Training Camp Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: 2017 Training Camp Thread Reply with quote

We are a few weeks away I'm going to attempt to bring some life back into the thread. To help start some conversation I'm going to try and do a position by position break down every few days. So for instance we'll start with the QB position. What ever thoughts you have about the QBs on this team in regards to camp preseason regular season just let it fly.

My thoughts toward the QB position are I don't expect Mariota to play much in the preseason. I don't think the Titans throw him out there vs the Jets. Slim chance he plays vs Carolina. I think we definitely see him vs the Bears and that may be it. I'm fine with him playing minimal preseason games but want him to get some in to just get use to taking hits and things to that nature and to start trusting the leg in games and all that psychological stuff.

As far as the backups go I have never been a fan of the Cassel signing. I wish Tanney would take a step forward be a reliable Billy Volek type back up but I don't see it happening so we will be seeing Cassel backing up Mariota

This is a big season for Mariota he really needs to stay healthy in the sense of no broken bones or missed games. He needs to carry over he season he had from weeks 5-15 and really take the next step into joining the upper echelon of QBs in this league. I believe Mariota will do all of that he'll be a must have on fantasy teams and all that but Mariota needs to put his foot print in the AFC South Division and take down Luck and the QB less Texans. The Preds have shown how great a fan base Nashville is Mariota needs to carry the torch this needs to be the year that he helps lead the Titans to the playoffs and show the world the Titans are here to stay in the playoffs for years to come

I hope this generates some discussion and help kill some time till camp starts looking forward to everyone's opinion and hopes and thoughts

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster

Last edited by Titans fan 617 on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy... and I know a lot of you will... but I'd bring in RG3 for a tryout. He's still young, still has upside, and doesn't have any potential PR setbacks like Kaepernick does (if I was running a team, I'd bring Kaepernick for a visit as well).

I just don't see how he doesn't beat Cassell or Tanney for the #2 spot. And eventhough he's not the mobile QB he once was, his athleticism is much close to Mariota's than Cassell's at this point... a point that would be important in regards to pass blocking and parts of the playbook (rollouts, option reads, etc).

I get the injuries are a concern... but he would at least gives us a fighting chance if Mariota had to miss another game or two this year. I see a McGloin-like situation if Cassell/Tanney are asked to play an extended amount of time.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Call me crazy... and I know a lot of you will... but I'd bring in RG3 for a tryout. He's still young, still has upside, and doesn't have any potential PR setbacks like Kaepernick does (if I was running a team, I'd bring Kaepernick for a visit as well).

I just don't see how he doesn't beat Cassell or Tanney for the #2 spot. And eventhough he's not the mobile QB he once was, his athleticism is much close to Mariota's than Cassell's at this point... a point that would be important in regards to pass blocking and parts of the playbook (rollouts, option reads, etc).

I get the injuries are a concern... but he would at least gives us a fighting chance if Mariota had to miss another game or two this year. I see a McGloin-like situation if Cassell/Tanney are asked to play an extended amount of time.

If they did, and signed him, I'd seriously consider not watching a single second of the Titans all year.

But yeah, RG3 could be okay. It's not like it really matters who we have at backup anyways, if Mariota goes down, so do we. Hard.

#JDI
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

I said when they brought back Cassel I would have tried out Kaepernick. I want a QB that the play calling doesn't change if Mariota goes down.

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, personally, would have been bought in Kaepernick but I digress.

I can't wait to see the CB battle throughout training camp/preseason and see if someone can seperate themselves for the #2 spot. And on the other end, I can't wait to see how our new and improved WR corps looks.

#MTGA
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're screwed either way if Mariota goes down. Cassell sucks, RG3 sucks and is injury prone, and Kaepernick sucks and is a media nightmare.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:

If they did, and signed him, I'd seriously consider not watching a single second of the Titans all year.

They'd lose me too. That a$$hole can go pound sand.

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG needs to grow up and learn. He was sick his rookie tho lol. Been rough to see him fall off.

That being said I think Matt will do as the back up. Like somebody said if MM goes down we are DONE

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 change your title to 2017. Laughing Wink

I liked Kap coming out of college and he was on his way to superstardom up until that year that SF went to the Super Bowl. He just lost that "it" factor or the league caught up to his game. Regardless guys have done worse and gotten another shot. I hope he get another shot (if he truly wants it). Unfortunately Nashville is not the spot for him to get it.

A couple more weeks and football is back!! Dancing

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:

I liked Kap coming out of college and he was on his way to superstardom up until that year that SF went to the Super Bowl. He just lost that "it" factor or the league caught up to his game. Regardless guys have done worse and gotten another shot. I hope he get another shot (if he truly wants it). Unfortunately Nashville is not the spot for him to get it.

I'd change my name all together if I could but 617 is my area code

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously excited to see the new additions at receiver and secondary, but im also interested to see the competition at RG. Kline played ok but there's some young guys that can push him for that spot.

2015 Adopt-A-Titan:
Marcus Mariota
Byron Stingily
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
lamont wrote:

My bad, I should have been more specific. The title of the thread is 2018 training camp thread. I should be 2017.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Titans fan 617 wrote:
lamont wrote:

My bad, I should have been more specific. The title of the thread is 2018 training camp thread. I should be 2017.

Embarassed

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB position is a little hard to talk about when you have finally found the right guy.

As far as preseason goes how do you think the Titans handle Mariota?

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans fan 617 wrote:
QB position is a little hard to talk about when you have finally found the right guy.

As far as preseason goes how do you think the Titans handle Mariota?

Play him like normal. Sit him the final game.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: