You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

White Sox trade Jose Quintana to Cubs for Jimenez, Cease, +
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the fact that no writer had this until it was official has let us enjoy this:

Grant Brisbee‏ @mccoveychron
I... worked on this story for a year... and... they just... they tweeted it out.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
NewAge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Also the fact that no writer had this until it was official has let us enjoy this:

I... worked on this story for a year... and... they just... they tweeted it out.

So, I'm going to #wellactually a Grant tweet with another Grant tweet.

https://twitter.com/mccoveychron/status/885546140346703872

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to pretend like I know a lot about Cease or the other two guys in the trade, but I'm a little surprised the White Sox were able to get the #8 prospect in all of baseball for Quintana when his value is still hurting from his bad first half. Cost, control, and the AL to NL factor make this a trade that the Cubs will probably win ultimately.

The surprising part of this deal is that the Cubs hadn't made a deal like this sooner. They've drafted hitters early and often as we all know, and it's not like they're churning out great pitching prospects as a result. Lester and Lackey were free agents, and through scouting, coaching, and probably some luck, they turned chicken ish into chicken salad with Arrieta and Hendricks. A move for an effective, controllable pitcher has been in the cards for awhile now.

Quintana has only known US Cellular and the American League in his big league career. Now he'll be facing NL lineups and has some big bats supporting him. No one's probably having a 2014 Lester/2008 Sabathia/Cliff Lee type run in the second half the way offense has been this year, but it wouldn't surprise me if Quintana emerged as the best starter on the Cubs the rest of the way.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
bkobow05 wrote:
Ban playmaker iyam imo fwiw.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewAge wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

So, I'm going to #wellactually a Grant tweet with another Grant tweet.

https://twitter.com/mccoveychron/status/885546140346703872
Don't ruin a good meme with katyperrysbootyhole greenie.

Title Town USA wrote:
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I crazy to think the White Sox didn't get enough for Quintana?

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:

Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:

It's pretty close to the right return, IMO, when you factor in his struggles early on this year. That package is less than Quintana would have garnered last off-season.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

It's pretty close to the right return, IMO, when you factor in his struggles early on this year. That package is less than Quintana would have garnered last off-season.
I think it comes down to how much you like Cease. Eloy is an animal, pretty much no question.

If you look at Cease's stuff and love it, you think the Cubs overpaid. If you look at his track record and assume he's a BP guy, you think the Cubs underpaid.

Title Town USA wrote:
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

I think it comes down to how much you like Cease. Eloy is an animal, pretty much no question.

If you look at Cease's stuff and love it, you think the Cubs overpaid. If you look at his track record and assume he's a BP guy, you think the Cubs underpaid.

That's probably fair.

CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

That's kinda where I'm at with the trade. Eloy Jimenez is probably the best singular piece the White Sox could have gotten in a trade for Quintana. He's still just a 21 year old in High-A, so that secondary portion of the package needs to be better IMO. I like Dylan Cease's stuff, but again you're talking about a guy whose got less than 125 IP in his career with significant control issues. And IIRC, aren't there delivery issues with him? I love the FB/CB combo, but there's enough questions with his control and his change-up for me to pause. Just seems like it's lacking on the "high floor" parts at the back of the offer.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

That's kinda where I'm at with the trade. Eloy Jimenez is probably the best singular piece the White Sox could have gotten in a trade for Quintana. He's still just a 21 year old in High-A, so that secondary portion of the package needs to be better IMO. I like Dylan Cease's stuff, but again you're talking about a guy whose got less than 125 IP in his career with significant control issues. And IIRC, aren't there delivery issues with him? I love the FB/CB combo, but there's enough questions with his control and his change-up for me to pause. Just seems like it's lacking on the "high floor" parts at the back of the offer.

His delivery was overhauled by the Cubs. It's pretty solid now. The rest of the post stands, though.

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:

His delivery was overhauled by the Cubs. It's pretty solid now. The rest of the post stands, though.

Yeah, his mechanics look fine.

I like the deal for the Cubs. Hurts to get rid of Eloy, but they need pitching and if they win another WS with Quintana, it's well worth it. Plus, I don't think Cease is any more than a BP guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-white-sox/most-surprising-part-jose-quintana-trade-isnt-what-youd-expect

All hail wetbutt. Laughing Laughing

Title Town USA wrote:
as11osu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cubs got pwned.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great haul for the White Sox here. Quintana should help the Cubs with their pitching woes but not at that cost.

Courtesy of an online joke search.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: