You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions DB's investing in 12-year-old girl's Lemonade Company

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Lions DB's investing in 12-year-old girl's Lemonade Company Reply with quote

Lions' DBs among players investing in 12-year-old girl's lemonade company

Quote:
DETROIT - Detroit Lions players Grover Quin and Darius Slay are among a slew of NFL players who have invested in a 12-year-old girl's lemonade business.

Inspired by a family cookbook from the 1940s and an unfortunate string of bee stings, Mikaila Ulmer founded Me & The Bees Lemonade when she was just 4.5 years old. The company produces Flaxseed Lemonade sweetened with honey from local bees.

Quote:
"She's super smart," Quin told the Chronicle. "She's very special. Obviously, she has a bright future. Hopefully, I can be a part of it and nourish it and watch her grow. The sky is the limit. I'm very impressed with her."

Quote:
Whole Foods is one of the stores selling the lemonade at more than 50 locations. Ulmer appeared with her father on ABC's "Shark Tank" when she was just 9 years old where FUBU CEO Daymond John invested $60,000 in the company. She's also appeared on "Good Morning America."

Quote:
Four flavors of the product are available including lemonade made with mint, ginger, iced tea and prickly pear.

*Arian Foster is also investing. So far, $810,000 has been invested.
*A portion of her sales is donated to groups helping to save the shrinking Honey Bee population.

This is just a nice feel good story at a time when news hasn't started rolling out of camp yet. A lot of players are heavily involved in the community both here and across the US, but we don't always hear those stories so I felt it was worth sharing. There's a video of her at the link provided in the title above. Check it out.

What do you guys think? Would you give these a try? Have you tried them?
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grover Quin has always been a savvy investor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: