You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Position Battle Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Helicopter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't believe anything you read and only half of what you see...

Hmmm, I like this hate list idea. Maybe we could start a tread on the subject and hash it out!
"I don't think he was happy with the cologne I was wearing. I was wearing a lot of it and I guess he wasn't happy with it. I was on him a lot at the end of the game so everybody doesn't like my smell."
-Von Miller
champ11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/cjandersonb22/status/889322610810540032

team rammy

thebestever6

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly have a feeling broncos will shock the world this year at the very least I think they shock the afc west.

You got Von Miller saying Garrett Bolles is gonna be a legend. A perenial pro bowler superbowl mvp saying a rookie first round pick is gonna be a legend.

You have two young qbs with high upside who if they have a good oline can turn heads. With the additions of Leary, Bolles, Watson I dont see how the line or qbs dont improve.

Dont be shocked if this team contends for the afc west and Afc.

New England is the favorite but there's a reason Garrapolo was kept I dont think Brady has much left and hes on the madden cover.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
I honestly have a feeling broncos will shock the world this year at the very least I think they shock the afc west.

You got Von Miller saying Garrett Bolles is gonna be a legend. A perenial pro bowler superbowl mvp saying a rookie first round pick is gonna be a legend.

You have two young qbs with high upside who if they have a good oline can turn heads. With the additions of Leary, Bolles, Watson I dont see how the line or qbs dont improve.

Dont be shocked if this team contends for the afc west and Afc.

New England is the favorite but there's a reason Garrapolo was kept I dont think Brady has much left and hes on the madden cover.

Your optimism is cute. But, I hope you are right.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we're almost certainly going to carry 5 RB's (4 plus Janovich) into Week 1 now, with Booker headed to PUP with wrist fracture, out 6-8 weeks. At least PUP prevents a roster crunch if he hits that for regular season but bad news if he misses first 7 games. Having to rely on both CJ and JC to be healthy is a stretch (CJ being more likely to be ok) and blocking / playbook integration is a huge task for a small school back like D-Henderson. Best case is Booker only misses 1-2 games. He may or may not be good enough for a full split but his pass game chops alone and understanding of blocking assignments alone (much better in 2H than 1H) made him a roster lock and still does.

Bad luck to have a wrist fracture any time, but what's really unfortunate was that Booker's wrist was sore in OTA's and no tests were done then. Could have immobilized it then and started his recovery rather than leave it untreated. Someone dropped the ball there. Oh well, what's done is done.

http://www.9news.com/sports/devontae-booker-out-with-wrist-injury/459838957
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that note, we're working out Steven Ridley.

Fify.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still suuuuuper early, but so far all reports indicate that Lynch came to play this year. More or less put on a clinic today. Just gotta watch the turnovers.
thebestever6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1234567 wrote:
Still suuuuuper early, but so far all reports indicate that Lynch came to play this year. More or less put on a clinic today. Just gotta watch the turnovers.

and shane ray is out 6 to 8 weeks.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
1234567 wrote:

At least if all goes well he can return early, big loss either way though. I've been wondering since Barrett went down how the team plans to use Demarcus Walker. He isn't a traditional 3/4 OLB and probably can't drop into coverage much and is bigger and less athletic, but it may be a better option for him year 1 in a situational role while he adds weight/strength.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
1234567 wrote:

At least if all goes well he can return early, big loss either way though. I've been wondering since Barrett went down how the team plans to use Demarcus Walker. He isn't a traditional 3/4 OLB and probably can't drop into coverage much and is bigger and less athletic, but it may be a better option for him year 1 in a situational role while he adds weight/strength.

I think the plan was DEN was going to rush 4 a fair bit on passing downs with Walker playing 4-3 DE, at least until Barrett was back. I think that definitely comes into play now.

As insurance, I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Dwight Freeney get a call, without a guaranteed deal, just to kick the tires.

The bigger issue is that Ray actually helps more than just as an edge rusher - our rush D takes another hit with any of those guys as the other 3-4 EDGE guy.

If Booker & Ray could return in 6 weeks, that would help our situation a lot more. Hosting Chargers & Cowboys, both being home games they're crucial (they all are important, but going 6-2 at home isn't likely getting it done). Booker's main problem as BF007 alluded to in the 53-man roster thread is losing the practice and preseason time slows his development - in Ray's case, probably not nearly as important, but being 100 percent obviously will be. Getting Barrett back was an ideal but not necessarily crucial part to our pass rush, at least for the first 1-2 weeks, but if we don't have both, man, that's a tall order for Von to have no help on getting to the QB on passing downs. Triple teams might be in order then.
germ-x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
germ-x wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
1234567 wrote:

I think the plan was DEN was going to rush 4 a fair bit on passing downs with Walker playing 4-3 DE, at least until Barrett was back. I think that definitely comes into play now.

As insurance, I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Dwight Freeney get a call, without a guaranteed deal, just to kick the tires.

The bigger issue is that Ray actually helps more than just as an edge rusher - our rush D takes another hit with any of those guys as the other 3-4 EDGE guy.

If Booker & Ray could return in 6 weeks, that would help our situation a lot more. Hosting Chargers & Cowboys, both being home games they're crucial (they all are important, but going 6-2 at home isn't likely getting it done). Booker's main problem as BF007 alluded to in the 53-man roster thread is losing the practice and preseason time slows his development - in Ray's case, probably not nearly as important, but being 100 percent obviously will be. Getting Barrett back was an ideal but not necessarily crucial part to our pass rush, at least for the first 1-2 weeks, but if we don't have both, man, that's a tall order for Von to have no help on getting to the QB on passing downs. Triple teams might be in order then.

Agree with you with the 4 man front. I think we see a lot of Walker at DE in rushing situations, which was more toward what I was alluding too as opposed to a traditional 3/4 OLB.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Danny Mason gets signed as OLB depth signing and no cap hit for guaranteed money. Krieger-Coble gets cut no surprise given little chance he'd make the team.
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Joseph not backing off criticising the two QBs for their poor performance today at TC.

The first day in pads allowed the defence to let loose and it showed up how far the offence - and the QBs - have to go.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jolly red giant wrote:
Good to see Joseph not backing off criticising the two QBs for their poor performance today at TC.

The first day in pads allowed the defence to let loose and it showed up how far the offence - and the QBs - have to go.

Yeah that wasn't pretty at all. Both QB's threw pick-6's, both missed throws badly. It was interesting to note that Woods wasn't around on Saturday, and that's when the O fared better (although not in pads, so today is way more meaningful for sure). Siemian was much better yesterday than Lynch, but today it's hard to say either was good, or even decent today. Still lots of time, but today certainly didn't help gain any clarity.

Interesting that Woods is giving Edebali first shot to work opposite Von. Walker as OLB was interesting to see, but he's in-between - long-term, gaining weight to be our 3-4 DE is his future, but right now, with so many guys down, not surprising to see at least some looks as a 3-4 DE for him. Problem is that in the run game, Walker will get abused no matter where you put him right now. Still, nothing lost by taking a look.
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is actually hard to gauge the pass offence because Von is such a freak of nature as a player and the 'no fly zone' is so good. While it is great for the regular season it can distort the evaluation of offence during TC. It would be great to see the offence competing with this defence but that is not gong to happen.

This current roster is, from start to finish, about the defence. The offence has to be no more than adequate - but how can you gauge 'adequate' when you have to play this defence, I think we won't get to see what the offence can do until we get to pre-season games and joint practices (when they operate against regular defences rather than the freak that is the Broncos defence).

I think the defence will be better than last year - the key figures have another year of experience (Woods was praising Davis today and Joseph singled out the ILBs) - Gotsis is expected to step up and Peko appears to be doing the job. Also the coaches seem happy with the situation at OLB despite Ray and Barrett being out.

The big question is what happens at QB - looking at the current situation I can see the coaches going with the 'safe' option of Siemian and relying on the defence. Hopefully, one of the QBs can actually show that they can lift the offence to at least an adequate level. Let's hope the OL is better and the RBs, TEs and back-up WRs are better - we won't know for a couple of weeks until they don't have to face this defence.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: