Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested for assault charges
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23555
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested for assault charges Reply with quote

Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson was arrested Tuesday night on two counts of felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Frisco (Texas) Police Department.

The incident occurred in the Toyota Stadium parking lot during a Freedom Fest event in Frisco shortly after 8 p.m. CDT. According to the police report, Wilson backed his truck into a woman while parking at the stadium before brandishing a rifle at a man, "causing him to be in fear."

Wilson, 24, was released from Frisco Detention Center after posting $20,000 bond. The case remains under investigation, police said.

0ap3000000818311/article/cowboys-lb-damien-wilson-arrested-on-assa

How much will this impact the team? Will he be released?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
///mcompact


Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 563
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested for assault charges Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:


How much will this impact the team? Will he be released?


Very little unless there are a lot of injuries. Wilson and Nzeocha were backing up Lee/Hitchens as WLB/MLB. Wilber is our SLB and if things go well in preseason, Jaylon Smith will be added to the mix (WLB or MLB).

Wilson looked like a banger out there at the end of last season and would probably make it easier to let Hitchens walk (love Hitchens, but he'll probably be offered more money than we want to spend). Again...if Jaylon makes a comeback, then all of this is moot. Nzeocha is a guy that a lot of casuals know nothing about due to his injuries, but he looked really sharp in the limited play time he got last preseason (INT and pass defended).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15064
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not been a good day for the Cowboys lol.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12763
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Not been a good day for the Cowboys lol.


What else happened? I know they had some PED suspensions but I thought that was a couple weeks ago.
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 5170
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Not been a good day for the Cowboys lol.


What else happened? I know they had some PED suspensions but I thought that was a couple weeks ago.


Darren McFadden had 3 relatives get killed in a club shooting 2 nights ago.
_________________


Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 13414
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys once again, I know this happens to every team but with the Cowboys it's more prevalent. Time for the team to get better judges of character in their personnel dept.
_________________
I bought one of those tapes to teach you Spanish in your sleep. During the night, the tape skipped. Now I can only stutter in Spanish.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
///mcompact


Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 563
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
The Cowboys once again, I know this happens to every team but with the Cowboys it's more prevalent. Time for the team to get better judges of character in their personnel dept.


So Wilson had known character issues in College? Is that what your saying?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderFanSD


Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Posts: 1088
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
tom cody wrote:
The Cowboys once again, I know this happens to every team but with the Cowboys it's more prevalent. Time for the team to get better judges of character in their personnel dept.


So Wilson had known character issues in College? Is that what your saying?


You don't need past incidents to know someone is off if you speak with them.. this is some pretty crazy stuff dude.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
///mcompact


Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 563
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderFanSD wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
tom cody wrote:
The Cowboys once again, I know this happens to every team but with the Cowboys it's more prevalent. Time for the team to get better judges of character in their personnel dept.


So Wilson had known character issues in College? Is that what your saying?


You don't need past incidents to know someone is off if you speak with them.. this is some pretty crazy stuff dude.


So he was a bad interview? Got it. Such insight. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15320
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dak stated in a letter that he would vouch for Damien's character. He even signed it.

Allegedly.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
///mcompact


Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 563
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dak stated in a letter that he would vouch for Damien's character. He even signed it.

Allegedly.




If Wilson did what is alleged...he's done...and probably should be. WTH is an NFL player doing packing a semi-auto rifle in his trunk? Whether you brandish it or not, just the thought of carrying it in your vehicle is an okay idea is enough to question your thought process.

Wilson and former RB Joseph Randle share some striking similarities. They both were seemingly good character kids, productive in college, picked in the middle rounds due to measurables, didn't show much until their 2nd year and then, when it was their time to shine their 3rd year, they decided to steal underwear/cologne, drive over people, pull out weapons and threaten to kill people. Fame and money can bring out the inner idiot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38483
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dak stated in a letter that he would vouch for Damien's character. He even signed it.

Allegedly.




If Wilson did what is alleged...he's done...and probably should be. WTH is an NFL player doing packing a semi-auto rifle in his trunk? Whether you brandish it or not, just the thought of carrying it in your vehicle is an okay idea is enough to question your thought process.

Wilson and former RB Joseph Randle share some striking similarities. They both were seemingly good character kids, productive in college, picked in the middle rounds due to measurables, didn't show much until their 2nd year and then, when it was their time to shine their 3rd year, they decided to steal underwear/cologne, drive over people, pull out weapons and threaten to kill people. Fame and money can bring out the inner idiot.

Or maybe they were idiots the whole time and never got caught until now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1734
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dak stated in a letter that he would vouch for Damien's character. He even signed it.

Allegedly.




If Wilson did what is alleged...he's done...and probably should be. WTH is an NFL player doing packing a semi-auto rifle in his trunk? Whether you brandish it or not, just the thought of carrying it in your vehicle is an okay idea is enough to question your thought process.

Wilson and former RB Joseph Randle share some striking similarities. They both were seemingly good character kids, productive in college, picked in the middle rounds due to measurables, didn't show much until their 2nd year and then, when it was their time to shine their 3rd year, they decided to steal underwear/cologne, drive over people, pull out weapons and threaten to kill people. Fame and money can bring out the inner idiot.


Where in the police does it state he threaten to kill someone ?? Am I missing someThing???
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
///mcompact


Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Posts: 563
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Dak stated in a letter that he would vouch for Damien's character. He even signed it.

Allegedly.




If Wilson did what is alleged...he's done...and probably should be. WTH is an NFL player doing packing a semi-auto rifle in his trunk? Whether you brandish it or not, just the thought of carrying it in your vehicle is an okay idea is enough to question your thought process.

Wilson and former RB Joseph Randle share some striking similarities. They both were seemingly good character kids, productive in college, picked in the middle rounds due to measurables, didn't show much until their 2nd year and then, when it was their time to shine their 3rd year, they decided to steal underwear/cologne, drive over people, pull out weapons and threaten to kill people. Fame and money can bring out the inner idiot.


Where in the police does it state he threaten to kill someone ?? Am I missing someThing???


That was Joseph Randle...the underwear bandit. He had a hotel/baby mama-drama incident that ended in, IIRC, a grey-area of domestic violence and death threats. Like I said...this is not a behavior anyone saw coming out of college or in their first 2 years. I know "minority report" was a cool movie, but if it was that easy to predict player's future actions, a lot of these issues could've been avoided:

http://nflarrest.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7918
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:
Not been a good day for the Cowboys lol.


What else happened? I know they had some PED suspensions but I thought that was a couple weeks ago.


Darren McFadden had 3 relatives get killed in a club shooting 2 nights ago.
The shooting was July 1st.

Nobody was killed.

Just saying. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group