Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested for assault charges
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested for assault charges Reply with quote

Cowboys linebacker Damien Wilson was arrested Tuesday night on two counts of felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to the Frisco (Texas) Police Department.

The incident occurred in the Toyota Stadium parking lot during a Freedom Fest event in Frisco shortly after 8 p.m. CDT. According to the police report, Wilson backed his truck into a woman while parking at the stadium before brandishing a rifle at a man, "causing him to be in fear."

Wilson, 24, was released from Frisco Detention Center after posting $20,000 bond. The case remains under investigation, police said.

0ap3000000818311/article/cowboys-lb-damien-wilson-arrested-on-assa

How much will this impact the team? Will he be released?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested for assault charges Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

How much will this impact the team? Will he be released?

Very little unless there are a lot of injuries. Wilson and Nzeocha were backing up Lee/Hitchens as WLB/MLB. Wilber is our SLB and if things go well in preseason, Jaylon Smith will be added to the mix (WLB or MLB).

Wilson looked like a banger out there at the end of last season and would probably make it easier to let Hitchens walk (love Hitchens, but he'll probably be offered more money than we want to spend). Again...if Jaylon makes a comeback, then all of this is moot. Nzeocha is a guy that a lot of casuals know nothing about due to his injuries, but he looked really sharp in the limited play time he got last preseason (INT and pass defended).
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not been a good day for the Cowboys lol.

Nacho Simulation Football League
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

What else happened? I know they had some PED suspensions but I thought that was a couple weeks ago.
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

What else happened? I know they had some PED suspensions but I thought that was a couple weeks ago.

Darren McFadden had 3 relatives get killed in a club shooting 2 nights ago.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys once again, I know this happens to every team but with the Cowboys it's more prevalent. Time for the team to get better judges of character in their personnel dept.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
///mcompact

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
The Cowboys once again, I know this happens to every team but with the Cowboys it's more prevalent. Time for the team to get better judges of character in their personnel dept.

So Wilson had known character issues in College? Is that what your saying?
RaiderFanSD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
tom cody wrote:

You don't need past incidents to know someone is off if you speak with them.. this is some pretty crazy stuff dude.
///mcompact

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderFanSD wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
tom cody wrote:

You don't need past incidents to know someone is off if you speak with them.. this is some pretty crazy stuff dude.

So he was a bad interview? Got it. Such insight. Smile
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dak stated in a letter that he would vouch for Damien's character. He even signed it.

Allegedly.
///mcompact

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Dak stated in a letter that he would vouch for Damien's character. He even signed it.

Allegedly.

If Wilson did what is alleged...he's done...and probably should be. WTH is an NFL player doing packing a semi-auto rifle in his trunk? Whether you brandish it or not, just the thought of carrying it in your vehicle is an okay idea is enough to question your thought process.

Wilson and former RB Joseph Randle share some striking similarities. They both were seemingly good character kids, productive in college, picked in the middle rounds due to measurables, didn't show much until their 2nd year and then, when it was their time to shine their 3rd year, they decided to steal underwear/cologne, drive over people, pull out weapons and threaten to kill people. Fame and money can bring out the inner idiot.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Allegedly.

If Wilson did what is alleged...he's done...and probably should be. WTH is an NFL player doing packing a semi-auto rifle in his trunk? Whether you brandish it or not, just the thought of carrying it in your vehicle is an okay idea is enough to question your thought process.

Wilson and former RB Joseph Randle share some striking similarities. They both were seemingly good character kids, productive in college, picked in the middle rounds due to measurables, didn't show much until their 2nd year and then, when it was their time to shine their 3rd year, they decided to steal underwear/cologne, drive over people, pull out weapons and threaten to kill people. Fame and money can bring out the inner idiot.

Or maybe they were idiots the whole time and never got caught until now.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///mcompact wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Allegedly.

Where in the police does it state he threaten to kill someone ?? Am I missing someThing???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
///mcompact wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Allegedly.

Where in the police does it state he threaten to kill someone ?? Am I missing someThing???

That was Joseph Randle...the underwear bandit. He had a hotel/baby mama-drama incident that ended in, IIRC, a grey-area of domestic violence and death threats. Like I said...this is not a behavior anyone saw coming out of college or in their first 2 years. I know "minority report" was a cool movie, but if it was that easy to predict player's future actions, a lot of these issues could've been avoided:

http://nflarrest.com/
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Darren McFadden had 3 relatives get killed in a club shooting 2 nights ago.
The shooting was July 1st.

Nobody was killed.

Just saying. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: