You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LB Damien Wilson arrested for assault with deadly weapon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: LB Damien Wilson arrested for assault with deadly weapon Reply with quote

Quote:
@LynnanneFOX4
@dallascowboys linebacker Damien Wilson arrested last night at Toyota Stadium for agg assault w/ deadly weapon, has bonded out of jail

Quote:
@fishsports
ALERT: #Cowboys LB Damien Wilson arrested in Frisco. Going live NOW on @1053thefan

So that's not good. He's surely gone, right?

Btw, he tweeted this yesterday...words, right...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not gone unless it was a chick. Depends on the weapon too I guess. He could have picked up a chair and threw it to catch that charge.

Either way not good. Only good thing is, he plays Sam and not Will.
the lone star

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Innocent until proven guilty.

Doesn't sound good, but honestly, let's see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty.

This. We've seen it a dozen times in the NFL. Fan instigates something and then hits him with some trumped-up charge which is eventually reduced or dropped. Can't really say anything either way until facts come out.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly disappointing to see this in the news. Hope it is not as bad as it seems, the details don't sound good as of now.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb, just plain stupid. Oh well.
TVScout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The incident occurred in the Toyota Stadium parking lot during a Freedom Fest event in Frisco shortly after 8 p.m. CDT. According to the police report, Wilson backed his truck into a woman while parking at the stadium before brandishing a rifle at a man, "causing him to be in fear."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000818311/article/cowboys-lb-damien-wilson-arrested-on-assault-charges
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently he backed his truck into a woman who was tailgating, and flashed a rifle at a man.

That's why there are two counts I guess. One deadly weapon was the truck the other was a rifle.

This is the same guy that got shot with a paintball in the eye during last offseason. These 5 weeks off must be tough for mr. Wilson to handle. He's 2 for 2 now during this time, and it doesn't get much worse than this one.

Lee -- Smith -- Hitchens. I'm okay with that. Let this guy go.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
So apparently he backed his truck into a woman who was tailgating, and flashed a rifle at a man.

That's why there are two counts I guess. One deadly weapon was the truck the other was a rifle.

This is the same guy that got shot with a paintball in the eye during last offseason. These 5 weeks off must be tough for mr. Wilson to handle. He's 2 for 2 now during this time, and it doesn't get much worse than this one.

Lee -- Smith -- Hitchens. I'm okay with that. Let this guy go.

Agreed.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe Wilson would be dumb enough to flash a rifle at someone and use his car as a weapon, especially with the type of offseason he's had. From all accounts, he was really going to solidify our LB core with Smith and Lee.

Cut him. He doesn't deserve to wear the star.

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
I cannot believe Wilson would be dumb enough to flash a rifle at someone and use his car as a weapon, especially with the type of offseason he's had. From all accounts, he was really going to solidify our LB core with Smith and Lee.

The level of stupidity exhibited by some of these men who KNOW they are a couple bad decisions away from making $800k+ to some crap-tier job never ceases to amaze me.

99th percentile physical ability, two-cent brain.
TheGame316

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite possible some drunk woman stumbled into his truck while he was backing up.

Womans boyfriend feels the need to "man up" and act like a tough guy

Then the player here shows the guy his 2nd amendment rights?

Whats the point of having 2nd amendment rights and carrying your gun around unless you get to show that you have it when someone gets in your biznass?
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:
Quite possible some drunk woman stumbled into his truck while he was backing up.

Whats the point of having 2nd amendment rights and carrying your gun around unless you get to show that you have it when someone gets in your biznass?

Laughing
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGame316 wrote:

Agreed. I want a background check on the female, who had to be snot-slinging drunk to get hit by a parking car. Dig up whatever dirt we can find. If she once took 3 tylenol instead of the recommended 2, I wanna know about it.

Also with the guy, the "causing him to be in fear" part, is important because that's what they need to charge Wilson with intentionally or knowingly threatening another with imminent bodily injury. But what caused the innocent Wilson to flash the hunting rifle in the first place? Could it be that Wilson was threatened himself? He is an NFL LB. What caused this honest football player to feel he had to defend himself?

I want a background check on the guy. Every aggression, every lie from this raging fearmonger needs to be in full view. Also, was this guy who attacked Wilson...... white? If so, ...doesn't mean anything.... just ... worth noting.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
TheGame316 wrote:

Agreed. I want a background check on the female, who had to be snot-slinging drunk to get hit by a parking car. Dig up whatever dirt we can find. If she once took 3 tylenol instead of the recommended 2, I wanna know about it.

Also with the guy, the "causing him to be in fear" part, is important because that's what they need to charge Wilson with intentionally or knowingly threatening another with imminent bodily injury. But what caused the innocent Wilson to flash the hunting rifle in the first place? Could it be that Wilson was threatened himself? He is an NFL LB. What caused this honest football player to feel he had to defend himself?

I want a background check on the guy. Every aggression, every lie from this raging fearmonger needs to be in full view. Also, was this guy who attacked Wilson...... white? If so, ...doesn't mean anything.... just ... worth noting.

Doesn't matter. The NFL will see this as an act of aggression and deal with it harshly, regardless of what the law does.

These athletes NEED to get it through their heads, they are being watched 24/7. THAT is the price you pay for being a professional athlete for one of thee most recognizable sports franchises in the world.

On a side note, if any of you have access to the Philly radio shows, 97.5 or 94, they are laughably trying to rationalize their way into Dak having an RGIII type of sophmore season while at the same time Carson Wentz will display Tom Brady like skills and numbers.

I mean, it is every blessed day. It is actually laughable at this point. The best part is, not many share their optimism regarding either scenario.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: