You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hayward agrees to Boston
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy Gobert's message to Gordon Hayward

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/882409382469816321

Get em Rudy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
MookieMonster wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Celtics are really good, and deep, but their max contract guys going forward are Al Horford, Gordon Hayward, and potentially Isaiah Thomas.

#NotMyMaxPlayers
There is absolutely no way the Celtics give IT a max deal.
Probably should have taken Markelle Fultz.
100% absolutely should have taken Fultz.

Celtics would be smart to trade Smart instead of Crowder. I'll laugh my [inappropriate/removed] off if they trade Crowder instead.
Why would they keep Crowder? He's a more valuable trade chip and blocking Tatum and Brown.
Smart is a RFA next summer and is going to be super expensive to keep. Crowder is signed to a crazy bargain deal. Crowder is also better.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
MookieMonster wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Celtics are really good, and deep, but their max contract guys going forward are Al Horford, Gordon Hayward, and potentially Isaiah Thomas.

#NotMyMaxPlayers

Celtics would be smart to trade Smart instead of Crowder. I'll laugh my [inappropriate/removed] off if they trade Crowder instead.
Why would they keep Crowder? He's a more valuable trade chip and blocking Tatum and Brown.
Smart is a RFA next summer and is going to be super expensive to keep. Crowder is signed to a crazy bargain deal. Crowder is also better.

That's true, but if Crowder isn't playing the 4 or the 2, that's problematic. It would make more sense to me to shop Crowder AND Smart or Bradley for a 4 (or some other great package).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Celtics need a 4? Love for Bradley/Crowder trade finally gets done!!!! Laughing

El ramster on the sig
phillybul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Rudy gobert big mad or little mad lol
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
The Celtics need a 4? Love for Bradley/Crowder trade finally gets done!!!! Laughing

I still think that would be a smart trade for Cleveland if LeBron would suck it up and play the 4.(especially if Cleveland could get a pick thrown in)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Damn Rudy gobert big mad or little mad lol
'

Definitely big mad Laughing.

But man that team was entirely home grown for the most part. Gobert/Hood/Hayward/Favors/etc all were drafted or traded early on in their careers. I don't blame him for being upset, but Hayward did what he had to do.

El ramster on the sig
phillybul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
MookieMonster wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

#NotMyMaxPlayers

How is he going to be super expensive? Outside of his defense he's not great at anything. He can't shoot and that's being nice. He's not a scorer. Good ball handler. Solid rebound/playmaker. But not someone I would label a facilator.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I still think that would be a smart trade for Cleveland if LeBron would suck it up and play the 4.(especially if Cleveland could get a pick thrown in)

It would help them against the Warriors but I'm more interested in seeing if Ainge goes after Cousins if the Pelicans struggle out of the gates. He could be made available and the Celtics could be one of the teams to go after him.

El ramster on the sig
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
MookieMonster wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

#NotMyMaxPlayers

How is he going to be super expensive? Outside of his defense he's not great at anything. He can't shoot and that's being nice. He's not a scorer. Good ball handler. Solid rebound/playmaker. But not someone I would label a facilator.

IMO, he's basically a less self-aware Tony Allen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
MookieMonster wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

#NotMyMaxPlayers

Do you not think he'll be getting a deal at least as big as Tony Snell got?

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone is saying the Hayward addition puts the Celtics in the NBA finals. It will certainly make it a much more competitive series. Hayward gives them another scoring threat who can take some of the pressure off IT. Celtics will be the best team in the East after next year for a while after Lebron bounces to LA. Excited to watch this team with an improved Jaylen Brown, Tatum and now Hayward.

Danny's Ainge best move continues to be getting Brad Stevens.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MookieMonster wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
MookieMonster wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

#NotMyMaxPlayers

Why? PG is the easiest position in the league to fill. Much harder to find scoring wings than a serviceable PG.

IT is probably gone regardless of whether we take Fultz or not.

IT is not gone.

ELRammy
eagles512

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gobert is a confirmed potato. If anything rejoining Brad Stevens, who recruited Hayward well before he had his growth spurt and all the big major colleges came calamoring for him, is the most loyal destination in this scenario. It took Utah years to finally put a competent team around him.

Also, that video is just cringe. And Chris Brown makes horrible music and is a more horrible human being.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
seminoles1 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
MookieMonster wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

#NotMyMaxPlayers

Pretty sure you said there would be plenty of minutes for them to go around, not too long ago. And that was if they got PG too.

That's correct. Do you know why? Because getting PG meant trading Crowder and Smart or Bradley. As it stands now, unless they're going to use Crowder or Hayward as the 4, Crowder will be blocking the younger players.
Why wouldn't you run Crowder at the 4? I'd start him there

#1 ET Supporter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: