You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is a hotdog a sandwich?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is a hotdog a sandwich?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 17 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 43

HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
The only problem i have is you saying by definition then not going by definition. By definition a hotdog bun is one piece of bread. But once again you hust steam roll you main point as if no one else is making another point. You just keep going off on why its logically two pieces of bread when by definition its one.

Yes, I concede the point unless you consider a bun a decapitated piece of bread, which I do.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
None of you want to know where I fall on this chart Laughing

"A poptart is a sandwich?"

It's not even food. Webby ban this guy.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Who the heck eats hotdogs with two pieces of bread?

By definition and by the way a normal human eats hotdogs are not a sandwich.
You can be decapitated without your head falling off. Hear me out:

The bread is two pieces of bread, hung together for convenience. It is essentially two pieces of bread that are connected. If you decapitate a person at the spine and their head hangs from skin and sinew, they are still decapitated.
Absolutely morbid way of making a great point
Not really correct, though. "Decapitation" is the complete separation of head from body. Internal decapitation is when your skull separates from your spine (essentially), but is still connected. They are not necessarily the same thing, despite similar nomenclature. Related, but not necessarily the same.

This, of course, has no bearing on the actual discussion at hand. Do with it what you will.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put meat, toppings, and condiments in between bread, it's a sandwich. That bread can be traditional sliced bread, a roll, or a bun.

A burger is technically a sandwich. If you were to take out the ground beef patty, and put in lunch meat, it wouldn't become a burger. A hotdog is the same if you have it with a bun. If you replaced the dog with ham, it isn't still a hotdog.

The hotdog itself is just a type of meat. It's the same as turkey, ham salami, hamburger, etc. On their own, they are all of those different things. Once they are put between bread, sandwich.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
If you put meat, toppings, and condiments in between bread, it's a sandwich. That bread can be traditional sliced bread, a roll, or a bun.

A burger is technically a sandwich. If you were to take out the ground beef patty, and put in lunch meat, it wouldn't become a burger. A hotdog is the same if you have it with a bun. If you replaced the dog with ham, it isn't still a hotdog.

The hotdog itself is just a type of meat. It's the same as turkey, ham salami, hamburger, etc. On their own, they are all of those different things. Once they are put between bread, sandwich.

Is a tortilla taco a sandwich then?

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

No. A tortilla is not bread. Similar concept, slightly different execution.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

Depends on who you listen to in regards of what bread is. But tortilla is reffered to as unleavened bread.

candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you use a single piece of bread?
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is a sandwich (and it is)

and this is a sandwich (and it is)

then the bun vs sliced bread argument is effectively nullified.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
skywindO2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

Depends on who you listen to in regards of what bread is. But tortilla is reffered to as unleavened bread.

It's not in America and that's the only place that matters.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotdog is like a miniature sub rather than a sandwich.

But really it's its own thing entirely.

WE'RE ON TO 2016
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmydtFDTGs
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey "Jaws" Chestnut continues his reign as the chowing champion at the annual July Fourth hot dog eating contest at Nathan's Famous in New York. The San Jose, California, man beat his own record to log a 10th win. He downed 72 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes Tuesday, besting Carmen Cincotti, who ate 62.

Chestnut downed 70 franks and buns in 10 minutes last year, topping his record at the time and taking back the title from Matt "The Megatoad" Stonie. Stonie came in third on Tuesday, with 48 franks and buns.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/chomp-champion-chestnut-breaks-weiner-wolfing-record-famed-coney-island-n779486

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its this simple for me. If someone said he was picking up sandwiches and asked if i wanted one and brought hotdogs i would not be completely sonfused...so for me hotdogs arnt sandwiches.

james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Hotdog is like a miniature sub rather than a sandwich.

But really it's its own thing entirely.

Isn't "sub" short for "submarine sandwich"?

Regardless, it is a weird debate. I think the whole point is that hamburgers/subs and a few other things like that are pretty universally believed to be "sandwiches", but hotdogs are kinda different so people make a big deal about it.

Plus it gets weird because just there's really no distinction between a hotdog (just the "meat" part) and a hotdog (the whole thing with bun/condiments). Like with a hamburger its meat part is a hamburger patty.

And I guess the biggest thing is what you would think of as a sandwich. When you hear that word, you don't think of a hotdog, or a sub or hamburger for that matter. So, really, its just pointless because trying to keep consistent logic leads me to say that pretty much everything is a sandwich. So idk.

What I do know is that a lot of my family members put a slice of cheese in the bun before the dog, and that's weird. Also, I like Turkey hotdogs much more than other varieties, which might make me the devil.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: