You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is a hotdog a sandwich?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is a hotdog a sandwich?
Yes
39%
 39%  [ 17 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 43

Author Message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Is a hotdog a sandwich? Reply with quote

One of life's greatest debates.

Kobayashi says no:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2719649-hot-dog-legend-kobayashi-answers-the-big-question-is-a-hot-dog-a-sandwich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't eat them right. He eats the meat, dunks the bread in water and then eats the bread.

The definition of sandwich:

Quote:
an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.


If you eat a hot dog in a bun, by definition, it is a sandwich.
If you eat a hot dog without a bun, it isn't, by definition, a sandwich.

I hate these stupid debates where the answer is so clearly obvious and the only people arguing otherwise are doing it out of the dumbest type of stubbornness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 10884
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
He doesn't eat them right. He eats the meat, dunks the bread in water and then eats the bread.

The definition of sandwich:

Quote:
an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.


If you eat a hot dog in a bun, by definition, it is a sandwich.
If you eat a hot dog without a bun, it isn't, by definition, a sandwich.

I hate these stupid debates where the answer is so clearly obvious and the only people arguing otherwise are doing it out of the dumbest type of stubbornness.


Who the heck eats hotdogs with two pieces of bread?

By definition and by the way a normal human eats hotdogs are not a sandwich.
_________________
vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12116
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
He doesn't eat them right. He eats the meat, dunks the bread in water and then eats the bread.

The definition of sandwich:

Quote:
an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.


If you eat a hot dog in a bun, by definition, it is a sandwich.
If you eat a hot dog without a bun, it isn't, by definition, a sandwich.

I hate these stupid debates where the answer is so clearly obvious and the only people arguing otherwise are doing it out of the dumbest type of stubbornness.


Who the heck eats hotdogs with two pieces of bread?

By definition and by the way a normal human eats hotdogs are not a sandwich.


Why? The two pieces of bread thing? Then is this not a sandwich?


_________________

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12116
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of you want to know where I fall on this chart Laughing


_________________

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckyNumber11


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 9388
Location: Valley of the Sun
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. A hot dog is it's own brand of thing. Same category as bratwurst and other sausages
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Who the heck eats hotdogs with two pieces of bread?

By definition and by the way a normal human eats hotdogs are not a sandwich.

You can be decapitated without your head falling off. Hear me out:

The bread is two pieces of bread, hung together for convenience. It is essentially two pieces of bread that are connected. If you decapitate a person at the spine and their head hangs from skin and sinew, they are still decapitated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
navysaintsfan


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12116
Location: Frednecksburg, VA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Who the heck eats hotdogs with two pieces of bread?

By definition and by the way a normal human eats hotdogs are not a sandwich.

You can be decapitated without your head falling off. Hear me out:

The bread is two pieces of bread, hung together for convenience. It is essentially two pieces of bread that are connected. If you decapitate a person at the spine and their head hangs from skin and sinew, they are still decapitated.


Absolutely morbid way of making a great point
_________________

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make great points a lot of times. I just argue too much on this site for anybody to take the time to look at and understand what I'm saying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heimdallr


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2014
Posts: 10525
Location: Himinbjörg
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
No. A hot dog is it's own brand of thing. Same category as bratwurst and other sausages

A hot dog is a hot dog, but if you put a hot dog in bread, it is a sandwich.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 10884
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Who the heck eats hotdogs with two pieces of bread?

By definition and by the way a normal human eats hotdogs are not a sandwich.

You can be decapitated without your head falling off. Hear me out:

The bread is two pieces of bread, hung together for convenience. It is essentially two pieces of bread that are connected. If you decapitate a person at the spine and their head hangs from skin and sinew, they are still decapitated.



Ya and logically saying that is fine but you said BY DEFINITION, and BY DEFINITION, its not a sand which. Its one piece of bread. It must be completely separate to be two pieces of bread. With your example the person is still one piece not two.

I dont care if its a sandwich or not and dont have an opinion on it, but you cant show the definition and say by definition its something when just going by definition its not.
_________________
vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see the bread as two pieces, which I do, it's a sandwich.

Do you call glasses glass? Because they're two glasses, just connected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm done arguing this. Gotta choose my footballsfuture battles, and this one isn't worth it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 10884
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem i have is you saying by definition then not going by definition. By definition a hotdog bun is one piece of bread. But once again you hust steam roll you main point as if no one else is making another point. You just keep going off on why its logically two pieces of bread when by definition its one.
_________________
vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically yes, but I still voted no because today is the 4th. Laughing

I'm gonna start calling them hotdog sandwiches now, btw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group