You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Artie Burns Arrested -- Driving On Suspended

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Artie Burns Arrested -- Driving On Suspended Reply with quote

Per twitter

License was suspended for non-payment of speeding tickets.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
warfelg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh....it's as simple as pay the tickets and he's off the hook. Nothing to be worried about.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting. This guy needs to get his life together. Whats next? Is he going to bounce a check? Or jaywalk? Cant be having this distraction on our team. Im not against cutting him and then trading DeCastro and Brown for Richard Sherman.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Disgusting. This guy needs to get his life together. Whats next? Is he going to bounce a check? Or jaywalk? Cant be having this distraction on our team. Im not against cutting him and then trading DeCastro and Brown for Richard Sherman.

Time to cut ties. Trade him and Ben to Cincinnati for William Jackson III and AJ McCarron. (he's the future) Throw in Shazier and swap DDC for Andre Smith & Burfict.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually do have a problem with this and hopefully it is not the start of a pattern. He is displaying a disdain for authority. That speed is reckless and could have been a much bigger problem. the fact that he has not paid them is worse. The overall attitude he is displaying is a concern. Nip it in the bud now or it may lead to larger indiscretions.
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Meh....it's as simple as pay the tickets and he's off the hook. Nothing to be worried about.

That's what you think
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
warfelg wrote:

That's what you think

No, its common sense.

Fans like to blow everything out of proportion when NFL players get in trouble (for minor things, not suspendable offenses), even when they dont know the whole story. Not saying it wasnt stupid or that he wont get in trouble again, but its silly to make this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is.

People make mistakes. At this point, thats all it is. If it ultimately becomes a bigger deal, then it will be worth worrying about. Right now, it isnt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
I actually do have a problem with this and hopefully it is not the start of a pattern.

You are entitled to your opinion. I don't think that we can talk about pattern until we get into more than one instance. He is also just a 22 year old kid. You make mistakes at that age and sometimes don't take things as serious as you should. Hopefully he learns from this.

He is displaying a disdain for authority.

i think that you are being a little hard and forming a pretty harsh judgement without having all the facts my friend. Most of these first time millionaires have someone who is supposed to help take care of them and handle their affairs for them. This sounds like he didn't pay a ticket or tickets and they suspended his license. He probably didn't realize it. I don't look at this as a disdain like I would Martavis Bryant or even LeVeon Bell. Again, it is something to note and keep an eye on, but I don't think we can say what he was doing or wasn't until HE speaks on it.

That speed is reckless and could have been a much bigger problem. the fact that he has not paid them is worse. The overall attitude he is displaying is a concern. Nip it in the bud now or it may lead to larger indiscretions.

I don't agree with you, but I do respect your right to think as you do my friend. Again, at 22 you are more inclined to do some dumb things, be reckless and disregard the seriousness of some things. Some young players take their position as an NFL player for granted and a lot of other things that young men and women do. We are talking about a traffic fine, not doing drugs, domestic violence, rape, or so many other things that are ethical violations. Time will tell if this is a pattern. I am not going to condemn him on his first offense of this level. Just my opinion.
warfelg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
warfelg wrote:

That's what you think

At one point I had 4 unpaid speeding tickets from trap cameras, had a suspended license, got pulled over.

Paid them off, 30 days with no license, wiped from record.

Yes, it's easy.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: