Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darren Waller Suspended for 1 Year+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Darren Waller Suspended for 1 Year+ Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 45m45 minutes ago

Ravens TE Darren Waller has been suspended for at least one year for violating leagues substance abuse policy.

Some people just can't help themselves. The Ravens still have Williams, Gillmore, Watson, and Boyle though. Overstocked even after the losses of Pitta and Waller. There are some significant injury concerns but it doesn't make sense to go out and add a fifth player to that group with the intent to keep him on the active roster either.

The chances of Taliaferro making the roster just went up. I thought he was competing with the likes of Boyle as a TE/FB/HB, with Nick easily being ahead, but now that a tight end has dropped keeping Lorenzo/a FB makes more sense. Boyle can be primarily a blocking TE on the edge now where he should be.
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Darren Waller Suspended for 1 Year+ Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 45m45 minutes ago

Ravens TE Darren Waller has been suspended for at least one year for violating leagues substance abuse policy.

Some people just can't help themselves. The Ravens still have Williams, Gillmore, Watson, and Boyle though. Overstocked even after the losses of Pitta and Waller. There are some significant injury concerns but it doesn't make sense to go out and add a fifth player to that group with the intent to keep him on the active roster either.

The chances of Taliaferro making the roster just went up. I thought he was competing with the likes of Boyle as a TE/FB/HB, with Nick easily being ahead, but now that a tight end has dropped keeping Lorenzo/a FB makes more sense. Boyle can be primarily a blocking TE on the edge now where he should be.

This has become a bit of a trend. Our coaching staff and FO have to reitirate this will not be tolerated.

And earlier today I thought about pointing out, that Ricky Ortiz could pressure Taliaferro. Now Taliaferros stock just went up as he doesn't have to think much about Boyle being in the competition as well.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Darren Waller Suspended for 1 Year+ Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
This has become a bit of a trend. Our coaching staff and FO have to reitirate this will not be tolerated.

And earlier today I thought about pointing out, that Ricky Ortiz could pressure Taliaferro. Now Taliaferros stock just went up as he doesn't have to think much about Boyle being in the competition as well.

Yes, Ortiz too. I forgot about him off the top of my head. His special teams value is a big plus, but Taliaferro also brings that. Should be an interesting battle.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be the end of the Waller experiment.

Boyle should be an in-line TE. He's a good blocker there and capable of moving the chains as well. He's quite a bit more valuable than Waller, but he's also one violation from a year long suspension. Cut Waller and hopefully Boyle learns something.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Ravens have a league high 76 games drug related suspensions for the last couple of years.

Thats not something to be proud of and something we should take into account when aquiring players.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
Apparently the Ravens have a league high 76 games drug related suspensions for the last couple of years.

Thats not something to be proud of and something we should take into account when aquiring players.

While I don't disagree with your conclusion, I do have to point out that I don't think there was anything to indicate that this would be a problem with most of these guys pre-acquisition. Obviously, the FO has access to proprietary info/research, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they just ignored some indication of issues with these guys.

Sucks as Waller really looked like he was going to be an asset moving forward. I doubt they cut him. Rather I see them keeping him around as an option depending on what the 2018 TE depth chart looks like.

I think this drastically raises Watson's chances of being on the team. I see us rolling in with 4 TE: Watson - Gillmore - TJ Maxx - Boyle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:

While I don't disagree with your conclusion, I do have to point out that I don't think there was anything to indicate that this would be a problem with most of these guys pre-acquisition. Obviously, the FO has access to proprietary info/research, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they just ignored some indication of issues with these guys.

Sucks as Waller really looked like he was going to be an asset moving forward. I doubt they cut him. Rather I see them keeping him around as an option depending on what the 2018 TE depth chart looks like.

I think this drastically raises Watson's chances of being on the team. I see us rolling in with 4 TE: Watson - Gillmore - TJ Maxx - Boyle

Watson took a pay cut and is only making $1.25M with the other $1.75M being incentive-based. At $1.25M he was pretty safe on the roster anyway, at the minimum to be a mentor to the young guys.
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:

The reason we are number 1 in that area is because of a lot of second time offenders. That falls back on the coaching staff and FO.

I like Boyle, I like Waller, but if they take reps from another young talent, and we then lose them for a season, we lose as a team in the process.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:

The reason we are number 1 in that area is because of a lot of second time offenders. That falls back on the coaching staff and FO.

I like Boyle, I like Waller, but if they take reps from another young talent, and we then lose them for a season, we lose as a team in the process.

Ok, I was responding specifically to your comment about "acquiring players," not retaining players.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:

Ok, I was responding specifically to your comment about "acquiring players," not retaining players.

Yeah, I wasn't very specific about that part. Call it a language barrier.

What I meant was, that the players in question are players we either chose to resign like a Will Hill or players we gave second/third chances like Boyle and Waller.

At worst we could see it happening also with a guy like Tim Williams who have had a history in that department.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: