Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Released DGB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ryan Mathews next?

Pray

That would make my year.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.

Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
After the miracle work Saunders did on Pryor, I'd like Cleveland to at least consider him. Our WR core needs something.

The difference in work ethic between those two is massive.

mike23md on the sig
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
So I guess we can now say the Titans won that trade?

I'd say so. Props to them for getting rid of the dead weight before it can even exposed itself (fully), clearly they knew something the rest of the league didn't (yet).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.

Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor

Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
Crickett

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.

But he's so tall. No tall James Hardy receiver Ramses Barden has ever failed Jon Baldwin in the Tyrone Calico NFL Brian Quick before. It's Mike Williams inconceivable.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:

But he's so tall. No tall James Hardy receiver Ramses Barden has ever failed Jon Baldwin in the Tyrone Calico NFL Brian Quick before. It's Mike Williams inconceivable.

Don't forget Mike Evans or Vincent Jackson or Alshon Jeffrey or A.J Green or Brandon Marshall.

All those tall WRs suck.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
After the miracle work Saunders did on Pryor, I'd like Cleveland to at least consider him. Our WR core needs something.

The difference in work ethic between those two is massive.

That's true, but one guy has played WR most of his life. The other guy played WR for the first time in his life.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...

Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
So I guess we can now say the Titans won that trade?

The Titans already lost by deciding to draft him in the first place...

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.

I wanted Big Cat instead. Was a match made in heaven. Coop was the right pick though. Especially if Mario Edwards stays healthy.

For a while I wanted Kevin White more though. Kinda quietly switched to preferring Coop before the draft. Still, some of White's college games were insane.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DGB was my biggest draft miss in the last 4-5 years. I thought he would become a low end #1 WR/high end #2 WR.

That being said, I think he would have excelled more with Carr or a similar quarterback simply because he can catch fades and run go routes, and there's still time for him to find a team that fits him.

If we weren't so stacked with receivers, I'd love to bring him in on a minimum deal just because why not. We lost Holmes, our redzone big guy and I wouldn't mind bringing in DGB to see if he can do anything to fill that role.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
DGB was my biggest draft miss in the last 4-5 years. I thought he would become a low end #1 WR/high end #2 WR.

That being said, I think he would have excelled more with Carr or a similar quarterback simply because he can catch fades and run go routes, and there's still time for him to find a team that fits him.

If we weren't so stacked with receivers, I'd love to bring him in on a minimum deal just because why not. We lost Holmes, our redzone big guy and I wouldn't mind bringing in DGB to see if he can do anything to fill that role.

Just because he has height and speed doesn't mean he can do fades and go routes. He can't run routes, he is so bad at highpointing he routinely gets beat on 50 50 balls by guys under six feet, and he is extraordinarily clumsy. Then add in stone hands and poor work ethic, along with no special teams ability, and he is barely worth a practice squad spot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Just because he has height and speed doesn't mean he can do fades and go routes. He can't run routes, he is so bad at highpointing he routinely gets beat on 50 50 balls by guys under six feet, and he is extraordinarily clumsy. Then add in stone hands and poor work ethic, along with no special teams ability, and he is barely worth a practice squad spot.

Haven't all his notable catches/touchdowns been fades in the NFL?
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: