Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Released DGB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 37110
Location: Vancouver, Washington
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ryan Mathews next?


Pray

That would make my year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5453
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10585
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
After the miracle work Saunders did on Pryor, I'd like Cleveland to at least consider him. Our WR core needs something.


The difference in work ethic between those two is massive.
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 9379
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
So I guess we can now say the Titans won that trade?


I'd say so. Props to them for getting rid of the dead weight before it can even exposed itself (fully), clearly they knew something the rest of the league didn't (yet).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2865
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.
_________________

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4884
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


But he's so tall. No tall James Hardy receiver Ramses Barden has ever failed Jon Baldwin in the Tyrone Calico NFL Brian Quick before. It's Mike Williams inconceivable.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OleXmad


Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 564
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


But he's so tall. No tall James Hardy receiver Ramses Barden has ever failed Jon Baldwin in the Tyrone Calico NFL Brian Quick before. It's Mike Williams inconceivable.


Don't forget Mike Evans or Vincent Jackson or Alshon Jeffrey or A.J Green or Brandon Marshall.

All those tall WRs suck.
_________________
I'm not an honest person, I'm just 50 honest hamsters in a trench coat that learned to type.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59111
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
After the miracle work Saunders did on Pryor, I'd like Cleveland to at least consider him. Our WR core needs something.


The difference in work ethic between those two is massive.


That's true, but one guy has played WR most of his life. The other guy played WR for the first time in his life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17060
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Raider


Joined: 25 Jun 2014
Posts: 1867
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...


Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.
_________________

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 7896
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
So I guess we can now say the Titans won that trade?


The Titans already lost by deciding to draft him in the first place...
_________________

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Status:IR'd. All but gone...


Smack Ink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41587
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I got called a lot of names in local circles and some Panthers groups for calling this dude a scrub that would flop at the next level. Dude's been a straight up bust, and I honestly never thought he'd be anything other than that.


Who the hell thought he would've bust or at least underwhelm? He was a wildly athletic prospect with no direction. Underwhelmed in college. I thought it was pretty much understood that he had a very high ceiling but it would be difficult to even pull him from the floor


Casual fans are a hell of a thing. I knew at least 20 people who thought he would absolutely dominate the league and called him a "beast" at every opportunity.


Some Raider fans thought it wasn't worth drafting Cooper when DGB could be had in the 2nd...


Or trading back into the teens for him from a certain someone.

That's what I'll always remember DGB for. The endless debates in the Raider forum about passing on Cooper because he wasn't 6'3" and because of that didn't possess the height and jump ball ability to be a "true" #1 WR like "Tron" Julio, and Green.


I wanted Big Cat instead. Was a match made in heaven. Coop was the right pick though. Especially if Mario Edwards stays healthy.

For a while I wanted Kevin White more though. Kinda quietly switched to preferring Coop before the draft. Still, some of White's college games were insane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8090
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DGB was my biggest draft miss in the last 4-5 years. I thought he would become a low end #1 WR/high end #2 WR.

That being said, I think he would have excelled more with Carr or a similar quarterback simply because he can catch fades and run go routes, and there's still time for him to find a team that fits him.

If we weren't so stacked with receivers, I'd love to bring him in on a minimum deal just because why not. We lost Holmes, our redzone big guy and I wouldn't mind bringing in DGB to see if he can do anything to fill that role.
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1766
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
DGB was my biggest draft miss in the last 4-5 years. I thought he would become a low end #1 WR/high end #2 WR.

That being said, I think he would have excelled more with Carr or a similar quarterback simply because he can catch fades and run go routes, and there's still time for him to find a team that fits him.

If we weren't so stacked with receivers, I'd love to bring him in on a minimum deal just because why not. We lost Holmes, our redzone big guy and I wouldn't mind bringing in DGB to see if he can do anything to fill that role.


Just because he has height and speed doesn't mean he can do fades and go routes. He can't run routes, he is so bad at highpointing he routinely gets beat on 50 50 balls by guys under six feet, and he is extraordinarily clumsy. Then add in stone hands and poor work ethic, along with no special teams ability, and he is barely worth a practice squad spot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8090
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
DGB was my biggest draft miss in the last 4-5 years. I thought he would become a low end #1 WR/high end #2 WR.

That being said, I think he would have excelled more with Carr or a similar quarterback simply because he can catch fades and run go routes, and there's still time for him to find a team that fits him.

If we weren't so stacked with receivers, I'd love to bring him in on a minimum deal just because why not. We lost Holmes, our redzone big guy and I wouldn't mind bringing in DGB to see if he can do anything to fill that role.


Just because he has height and speed doesn't mean he can do fades and go routes. He can't run routes, he is so bad at highpointing he routinely gets beat on 50 50 balls by guys under six feet, and he is extraordinarily clumsy. Then add in stone hands and poor work ethic, along with no special teams ability, and he is barely worth a practice squad spot.


Haven't all his notable catches/touchdowns been fades in the NFL?
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group