You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Transfers & Rumors XVII: Race to 100m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
I don't believe a word he says when it comes to transfers, but the last time we sold a star player was 5 years ago tbf. Circumstances were completely different back then. Wenger has shown he won't sell a star player when we don't need the money. Vieira tried to force a move for 5 years before we sold him to Juve. Wenger could've sold Walcott to City, United, Liverpool, or Chelsea during his contract talks. Sagna wanted to leave but we kept him until his contract ran out.

5 years ago was the last time someone seriously wanted an Arsenal player.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

marky mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
marky mark wrote:
I don't believe a word he says when it comes to transfers, but the last time we sold a star player was 5 years ago tbf. Circumstances were completely different back then. Wenger has shown he won't sell a star player when we don't need the money. Vieira tried to force a move for 5 years before we sold him to Juve. Wenger could've sold Walcott to City, United, Liverpool, or Chelsea during his contract talks. Sagna wanted to leave but we kept him until his contract ran out.

Ehh. Wenger didn't sell Walcott (Man City) or Bellerin (Man City/Barca). Koscielny said he had offers from bigger clubs.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
teamorange wrote:
marky mark wrote:

Ehh. Wenger didn't sell Walcott (Man City) or Bellerin (Man City/Barca). Koscielny said he had offers from bigger clubs.

Did those players want to leave though?

Be Humble. Sit Down.
marky mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
marky mark wrote:
teamorange wrote:
marky mark wrote:

Did those players want to leave though?

Walcott and Bellerin. Theo wanted to leave for money and Bellerin was interested in playing under Guardiola (and money) or moving back to Barcelona.
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange is right, Arsenal haven't had a star who wanted to leave. Walcott is nowhere near a star and Bellerin is a young and very talented player. I think whatever Arsenal decide to do with Sanchez is probably the correct decision. You can argue to both keep him for one last season (providing his head isn't gone) or cash in on him now. Both decisions would have legitimate merit.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
marky mark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Orange is right, Arsenal haven't had a star who wanted to leave. Walcott is nowhere near a star and Bellerin is a young and very talented player. I think whatever Arsenal decide to do with Sanchez is probably the correct decision. You can argue to both keep him for one last season (providing his head isn't gone) or cash in on him now. Both decisions would have legitimate merit.

I agree with that. I never said Walcott and Bellerin were stars btw. Laughing All the top PL clubs were interested in Walcott back in 2012/13 IIRC. No top 6 side wants him now.

Sanchez returns to training next week so hopefully we'll find out soon.
marky mark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors of Mbappe to Real Madrid for 180m Shocked

Coutinho has agreed personal terms with Barcelona
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The sale of William Carvalho from Sporting to an unnamed Premier League club in a deal close to 45m is "imminent" according to Record.

Hmm... I hope its not United. Never liked his style. Could be City possibly.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589148

dotmotion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liverpool fans are so salty about the Coutinho news. I want him to stay but Barcelona is on another level to Liverpool. Hopefully with his contract running for 5 more years, we can get +100 m pounds for him. Sucks but we aren't at a level for fend off interest from Barcelona.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Liverpool fans are so salty about the Coutinho news. I want him to stay but Barcelona is on another level to Liverpool. Hopefully with his contract running for 5 more years, we can get +100 m pounds for him. Sucks but we aren't at a level for fend off interest from Barcelona.

In the current market and with his contract situation Liverpool shouldn't accept anything that isn't 100m+.

If they get a ridiculous offer then they should take it.

teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

In the current market and with his contract situation Liverpool shouldn't accept anything that isn't 100m+.

I really want to know what Harry Kane would go for in this market. 150?

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

dotmotion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
dotmotion wrote:

I really want to know what Harry Kane would go for in this market. 150?

He has 5 years left too. If we assume he is not forcing his way out, I don't think 150 is enough. I can't imagine an amount Tottenham will take if Kane is willing to stay... There isn't any striker on the market as good as Kane. You might be better off just buying the club itself. If we assume he will force his way out, 150-175m? He isn't as good as Neymar but he is one of the best players in the premier league.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RMC say #Neymar has given his final answer to PSG: green light on 5-year contract with 30M annual salary. Full agreement.

30m per year... Shocked
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Quote:
RMC say #Neymar has given his final answer to PSG: green light on 5-year contract with 30M annual salary. Full agreement.

30m per year... Shocked

Man if this transfer happens, I just want to see the transfer fee. If it's the rumored release clause (222M), then the entire market has gone mental (more so than normal).

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: