You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Steelers sign LB Zach Orr
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theironcitykid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Should Steelers sign LB Zach Orr Reply with quote

Baltimore Sun is reporting that the NFL shouldn't reinstate this young man, 24, after retiring in January.

He was a RFA with Ravens and doctors told him he couldn't play. Baltimore didn't tender him BC he retired. He is now coming out of retirement (never filed paperwork). It was a neck issue but after seeing numerous doctors the original diagnosis was incorrect and he has the same chance as every NFL player of a spinal injury (C1)

132 tackles, 3 sacks, and a INT if I recall. An ILB. Would look great next to Shay-Ze. He's an UFA and was 2nd team All-Pro in 2016

Something like 4 years, $32m I would guess. Just heard his name today but given stats and highlights seems like a player. When I watch a highlight I don't watch the result I watch how you move and react to the result. And he seems like a stud. Well Buck
armsteeld

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a solid player but hopefully we don't attempt to sign him. Neck injuries are tricky. With how Green situation unfolded, I would be not interested if I were a decision maker within the Steelers.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
jcm412

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
He is a solid player but hopefully we don't attempt to sign him. Neck injuries are tricky. With how Green situation unfolded, I would be not interested if I were a decision maker within the Steelers.

Depends on the $. Could be worth the risk.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should sign him and then immediately trade him and Antonio Brown for Odell Beckham Jr and a 6th round draft pick.

Its really the only move that makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
We should sign him and then immediately trade him and Antonio Brown for Odell Beckham Jr and a 6th round draft pick.

Why is it you continue to forget to throw Ben and Pouncey into these deals?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Throw in Decastro for good measure.
warfelg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not guarantee all his money too? Nothing can go wrong there.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but perhaps try to sign Revis so he has time to learn the D. Still hoping Revis signs here and not because of injury or arrests Rolling Eyes
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
no, but perhaps try to sign Revis so he has time to learn the D. Still hoping Revis signs here and not because of injury or arrests Rolling Eyes

I wouldnt mind signing him, but its pretty curious that he hasnt been signed yet. Either teams are more worried about his red flags than I thought or they dont think he is that good anymore. I think its kind of the latter combined with him likely wanting more than teams think he is worth anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

I wouldnt mind signing him, but its pretty curious that he hasnt been signed yet. Either teams are more worried about his red flags than I thought or they dont think he is that good anymore. I think its kind of the latter combined with him likely wanting more than teams think he is worth anymore.

agree, but I think he is still good, just didn't care and was overweight.

will we sign him? I doubt it of course, hence my way of seeing this year as another where we get close and then lose the same way to the same team as always Embarassed If we sign him, it could be the difference between beating the pats or getting owned once again. If we sign Revis and still play zones vs pats, then I think that is it for tomlin and butler Applause or then it is it for me. This team is so close and should be for a few years, and to be held back by such coaching is hazardous to health, tv, and anything else nearby. Twisted Evil
warfelg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Very easy explanation that I've been saying since the start of FA:

He makes $6mil no matter what this season.

Why should he play unless he's making more than that?

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

why play at all ever again? Maybe he wants to win, play where he played growing up , is a pro athlete that can't watch from the sidelines etc? I don't have the answer for what he is thinking, but 6M + say 4M ain't a bad gig, especially if he starts off well, gets a few pics and reopens Revis island . He would be getting paid for not doing much after that point Laughing He just needs to get off to a good start IMO, and then QB's will stay away.
warfelg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
warfelg wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
3rivers wrote:

why play at all ever again? Maybe he wants to win, play where he played growing up , is a pro athlete that can't watch from the sidelines etc? I don't have the answer for what he is thinking, but 6M + say 4M ain't a bad gig, especially if he starts off well, gets a few pics and reopens Revis island . He would be getting paid for not doing much after that point Laughing He just needs to get off to a good start IMO, and then QB's will stay away.

That's exactly what he's thinking. The report comes from everything he's telling teams.

If you pay him $4mil, his language from the Jets contract is he gets another $2 mil from them. So he's been banged up and hurt the last year, so in a situation where he gets $6mil whether he plays or sits.....why take the unnecessary ware and tare?

Hahahahaha.

warfelg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean put yourself in his shoes:

"Hey 3Rivers, your employer here. Look, we don't really have the need for you here anymore. But we're still going to pay you $6 mil no matter what you do, unless you make more. You can get that even if you just sit at home."

"Hey, new company here. Look we like your work, we know your going to get paid $6 mil to just sit at home and do nothing. But how about you stress yourself for $4 mil, that old company will pay you $2 mil. So you'll still get $6 mil for your work."

DO you take that deal?

If you say you would work for the same amount you could just sit at home for you are an idiot.

Hahahahaha.

TheClocksTickin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
I mean put yourself in his shoes:

"Hey 3Rivers, your employer here. Look, we don't really have the need for you here anymore. But we're still going to pay you $6 mil no matter what you do, unless you make more. You can get that even if you just sit at home."

"Hey, new company here. Look we like your work, we know your going to get paid $6 mil to just sit at home and do nothing. But how about you stress yourself for $4 mil, that old company will pay you $2 mil. So you'll still get $6 mil for your work."

DO you take that deal?

If you say you would work for the same amount you could just sit at home for you are an idiot.

In my line of work things change rapidly and taking a year off would make you obselete. Plus it's just lazy. At his age, if he wants to play taking a year of off is a joke.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: