You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dynasty League start-up Advice

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tntitans4life17

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Dynasty League start-up Advice Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am getting ready to create a dynasty league for this season and beyond and figured I would post something here to see if those of you with experience running/playing in a dynasty league had any advice for a start-up? What are things we should or shouldn't do with the format and things that we may miss going setting up into our first year?

Thanks in advance!
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Dynasty League start-up Advice Reply with quote

tntitans4life17 wrote:
Hey guys, I am getting ready to create a dynasty league for this season and beyond and figured I would post something here to see if those of you with experience running/playing in a dynasty league had any advice for a start-up? What are things we should or shouldn't do with the format and things that we may miss going setting up into our first year?

Thanks in advance!

Make sure you have a plan in place for draft order in the future and determine if there are penalties for tanking (like not starting Aaron Rodgers to try and lose). Usually ESPN sets the draft order by the post season but in most I have been in the non-playoff teams are seeded based on regular season standings.

Also make sure you have a good group of guys who wont back out after a year. Nothing more annoying than trying to replace owners every year, especially if you allow draft pick trades throughout the year.
DynastyFballFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Dynasty League start-up Advice Reply with quote

tntitans4life17 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Good advice by Sllim Pickens, also would advise to be sure the people you are playing with will stay for a while, that's more important than system IMO. I find the simpler and easier to manage in dynasty the better, so while there are leagues with very complicated rules, not many people stick around for those, so the easier the better. And don't worry, rules can be changed, so set it up the way you and your friends want it and then adjust along the way. I've commissioned a league for 16 seasons and the rules are very different from where we started. As long as you have majority agreement from the league (set a rule for changing rules, like vote must have 8 yes votes out of 12) and it is fair to everyone (not obviously favoring one team, especially your team!) then you'll be good to go. If you're interested I have some free articles on my site that can get you thinking on the subject too. Good luck!

Use this link and score down.
http://www.dynastyfootballfan.com/core-articles/

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: