You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 50 Cowboys Of All Time: As Told By FM30- #38...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Top 50 Cowboys Of All Time: As Told By FM30- #38... Reply with quote

Well, seeing as how dead the forum as gotten during the offseason, I figured I'd drop a top 50 list - one name per day to keep things fresh. Disclaimer - I am 24 years old and didn't have the opportunity to see most of these guys play, so this is based on some research I've been doing and I'll have a bit of a bias towards guys I've seen play. You are going to have problems with this list, and that's okay. Getting the list to just 50 was very hard, so I've included some honorable mentions who also received consideration.

Let me know your thoughts, I'd love to be a little more educated on the history of this great organization.

Without further ado...

#38 - Pat Donovan, OT
#39 - Billy Joe Dupree, TE
#40 - Bill Bates, DB
#41 - Dez Bryant, WR
#42 - Zack Martin, OG
#43 - Ralph Neely, OT
#44 - Mark Tuinei, OT
#45 - Mark Stepnoski, OC
#46 - Calvin Hill, RB
#47 - Tyron Smith, OT
#48 - Terrell Owens, WR
#49 - Jim Jeffcoat, DE
#50 - Dan Bailey, K

Honorable Mentions: Leon Lett, Sean Lee, Travis Frederick, Thomas “Hollywood” Henderson, Tony Hill, Mike Ditka, Flozell Adams, Robert Newhouse, Herschel Walker, Dan Reeves, Dexter Coakley

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.

Last edited by flyingmonkey30 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:54 pm; edited 18 times in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#50 - Dan Bailey, K

Notable Stats: 171 FGM/191 FGA | 89.5 FG% | Long: 56 Yards | 250 XPM/250 XPA | 763 Points Scored | 1X Pro Bowl | 1X 2nd Team All Pro

Kicking things off for the top 50 list (puns) is current six year veteran Dan Bailey. As things stand right now, Bailey is third all time in points scored for the Cowboys, only 223 points off of Emmitt Smith for first place. Bailey also boasts the second highest field goal percentage of all time, behind only Justin Tucker and his 89.8% mark. Bailey has been the model of consistency for Cowboys kickers, a nice change of pace from Billy Cundiff, Nick Folk, and David Buehler before him. Having a reliable kicker is paramount for success in the NFL, and the cold blooded kicker from Oklahoma State is among the best the NFL has seen.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:

Last edited by flyingmonkey30 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note - if anyone can figure out why I'm unable to code the URL to just say "#50 - Dan Bailey", please let me know Laughing

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Top 50 Cowboys Of All Time: As Told By FM30- #50... Reply with quote

#50 - Dan Bailey, K

Code:
[url=http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21568438#21568438]#50 - Dan Bailey, K [/url]

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Top 50 Cowboys Of All Time: As Told By FM30- #50... Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
#50 - Dan Bailey, K

Code:
[url=http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21568438#21568438]#50 - Dan Bailey, K [/url]

Ah thanks, I had it backwards

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having Bailey as #1 is a travesty. Your list sucks and you should feel bad.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Not having Bailey as #1 is a travesty. Your list sucks and you should feel bad.

I feel terrible. I'll try to make it up to you with my next post.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#49 Jim Jeffcoat - DE

Notable Stats: 188 Games Played | 698 Tackles | 94.5 Sacks (102.5 Career Sacks) | 149 Quarterback Pressures | 2X Super Bowl Champion

Criminally underrated throughout his career, Jeffcoat never made an All-Pro team or Pro Bowl despite five seasons with double digit sacks. He is one of 31 players to reach the 100 sack plateau. By the time the Cowboys were ready to compete for Super Bowls on a regular basis, Jeffcoat had become a situational pass rusher, although he had 10.5 sacks in 1992 when the Cowboys won the Super Bowl. One of the all-time great Dallas rushers, he was the franchise's all-time sack leader when he left the team after the 1994 season, and to this day is second behind only Demarcus Ware with 94.5 sacks as a Cowboy. He loses a couple of brownie points because his son played for the Redskins for a hot minute.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping Charlton is our Jeffcoat

^^^El Rammy
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm in my mid 40's and I DID get to see many of those guys play. I was very young when the Staubach/Dorsett era was in their prime, but I was in my 20's when the triplets were winning Superbowls.

Baliey, I could see that at 50. As for Jeffcoat, I believe the only two players that were still around when Dallas won their first SB under Jimmy Johnson were Jeffcoat and Bill Bates. Jeffcoat is actually in the "Do the Walk of Life" video by the band Dire Straits. Look it up, its a hoot!

But the fact that those two players made the cut from a 1-15 team to a three time SB champion is pretty awesome!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Well, I'm in my mid 40's and I DID get to see many of those guys play. I was very young when the Staubach/Dorsett era was in their prime, but I was in my 20's when the triplets were winning Superbowls.

Baliey, I could see that at 50. As for Jeffcoat, I believe the only two players that were still around when Dallas won their first SB under Jimmy Johnson were Jeffcoat and Bill Bates. Jeffcoat is actually in the "Do the Walk of Life" video by the band Dire Straits. Look it up, its a hoot!

But the fact that those two players made the cut from a 1-15 team to a three time SB champion is pretty awesome!

That's pretty awesome, appreciate the insight. It sucks that my first memories of the Cowboys were the early 2000's Crying or Very sad

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#48 - Terrell Owens, WR

Notable Stats: 3 Seasons | 235 Receptions | 3,887 Receiving Yards | 38 Receiving Touchdowns | 1X Pro Bowl | 1X 1st Team All Pro

Love him or hate him, T.O. was a dynamic talent on the field, and a dynamic personality off of it. Despite playing just 3 seasons with the Cowboys towards the end of his career, he finished every year with at least 1,000 receiving yards and 10 receiving touchdowns. Owens performed well into his mid thirties thanks to an incredible work ethic and commitment to keeping his body in tremendous shape. Although many remember him for his antics, Owens is one of the most talented players to ever wear the Star, and should've been inducted into the Hall of Fame on his first go around. This pick will probably stir up some controversy, but not to include him on this list would be wrong in my opinion.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want me to vomit directly on you? Cause this is how you make that happen.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Do you want me to vomit directly on you? Cause this is how you make that happen.

Laughing

^^^El Rammy
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:

It would be an honor

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: