You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NBA Draft Winners/Losers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stl4life07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: NBA Draft Winners/Losers Reply with quote

Winners
Kings - I loved what they did. Was scared they might trade up and give both their top 10 picks to get Fox but they didn't and still landed him. They traded back from 10 to get picks 15 and 20 to take Justin Jackson and Giles. Jackson is a safe solid pick and Giles is a big risk but if the risk works out could be the steal of the draft. I also love getting Mason in the 2nd round. Best thing is the Fox (Sac) vs Ball (LAL) rivalry continues. They play 4x in the regular season.

Timberwolves - They fleeced the Bulls plain and simple. Butler was the best move that happened in the entire night because he made the Wolves way better than any pick/players traded in the draft. I also like Patton pick at 16.

Losers
Bulls - Could they have waited and gotten a better deal for Butler? We will never know but they obviously didn't want to try to find out. They didn't need to move him quickly. They should've had more patience and waited for a desperate team to pony up to get Butler. They then drafted Markkanen who some think he could be Dirk like. That's not a bad comparison except for Dirk is a rare player. Could the Bulls build around Markkanen and make him the face of their franchise to replace Butler? Oh and they drafted Jordan Bell but traded him to the Warriors. The Warriors who didn't have a pick in the draft are now winners thanks to the Bulls trading them Bell.

Knicks - They took another foreigner but I think his upside could be limited and thought they should've drafted Smith Jr. who has star potential which the Knicks sorely needs.
49er pride

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wolves for getting Butler and somehow still managed to get 16.

Credit to Rammy for the sig with the beautiful baby
MightyMouse07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriors are winners with J. Bell.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celtics over thinking bigly were losers. Could have had the 2 far and away best players in the draft but nah. One way dude.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
UFgators

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Celtics over thinking bigly were losers. Could have had the 2 far and away best players in the draft but nah. One way dude.

Given what the Wolves gave up you'd think Danny could've beat that offer for JB.
Raves

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both the Bulls and T'Wolves in that trade. The T'Wolves are in a position to compete not only instantly but going forward with the chance to convince Butler to stay, which I think if they are winning and willing to pay the tax he will, then the Bulls get a lot of young talent to try and rebuild from the bottom up.
HookEm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMouse07 wrote:
Warriors are winners with J. Bell.

He has the tools to be an elite defender.
HookEm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like what Sacramento did today they added four players that should be good for them for a while.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We win because Rich Cho wasn't himself.

At least George will leave Indy soon.
MookieMonster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Give me that crystal ball bro. Danny said they wouldve taken Tatum at 1, glad we moved back and got another lottery pick and still got our guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winners:

- Smugness: LaVar Ball is a truly inspirational example that you can accomplish anything you want if you are just a smug, self centered jerk.

- Kings: One of the GOAT drafts tbh.

Losers:

- Knicks / Phil: Missed their opportunity to trade Porzingas who is a cancer. Could've probably got a top-3 pick out of him.

- Cavs: Didn't do anything to beat the Warriors.

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Brady's not going 92 yards....no way, no how.
#JDI
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm missing something. Is Lavines knee injury worse than first thought? Because if he gets back on track this was a very good trade for the bulls.

Lavine was a 3rd option getting 19/3/3 a game on 46/39 shooting. If he's like the Lavine of old he will be a 20+ scorer next season.

Dunn has been hyped beyond belief was a top 5 pick and by far the best PG in last years draft. He struggled as a rookie but on a rebuilding bulls team he might be a triple double threat every night.

4 years from now Dunn/Lavine could be one of the best back courts in the east.

Plus the moves into the top 10

So I guess I'm missing something but unless I thought I had the other guys in place to compete next season I'd rather have Lavine/Dunn than say Bradley/Crowder

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lakers. Drafted Lonzo Ball and got dat ball control.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MookieMonster wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:

Give me that crystal ball bro. Danny said they wouldve taken Tatum at 1, glad we moved back and got another lottery pick and still got our guy.

Why trade for butler when we can keep our pick and sign hayward. When Lakers pick is top 5 next year I doubt anyone would be complaning anymore.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Hornets are going to be taking a playoff spot away from either the bulls or Pacers. They had a good week. Howard and monk were both steals on the cheap. Solid rotation for them now if healthy.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: