Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Fire GM John Dorsey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
Dorsey probably needed a cap manager to help him. Hard to argue otherwise. But also really hard to argue with his track record in drafting or evaluating talent.

The bigger issue is who they replace him with. If it's a yes guy to Andy Reid hard to think it's a smart move. Reid is a really good coach but so few succeed as coach & GM.

Agreed. I think one of the problems was John Dorsey would overrule the previous "cap Manager" it seems like whatever advice Dorsey may have received he ignored and managed the cap the way he wanted to. The cap manager was fired about a month or so before Dorsey. It sounds like when the new cap manager came in he explained to Clark Hunt all the damage that Dorsey had done to the cap.
FloydFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Dorsey probably needed a cap manager to help him. Hard to argue otherwise. But also really hard to argue with his track record in drafting or evaluating talent.

The bigger issue is who they replace him with. If it's a yes guy to Andy Reid hard to think it's a smart move. Reid is a really good coach but so few succeed as coach & GM.

Agreed. I think one of the problems was John Dorsey would overrule the previous "cap Manager" it seems like whatever advice Dorsey may have received he ignored and managed the cap the way he wanted to. The cap manager was fired about a month or so before Dorsey. It sounds like when the new cap manager came in he explained to Clark Hunt all the damage that Dorsey had done to the cap.

Any evidence of this or examples of it?
Buckweath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was shocked when I learned. Dorsey was the very best thing this Chiefs organization had. I'm not as high on Reid as others because he has clear flaws but Dorsey was IMO arguably the top or amongst the top GMs in the league.

I would pick Dorsey as a GM anyday over Reid as a coach.

That cap management I thought they hired some personnel to help with that but it would be beyond stupid if that was the reason for the sacking as it is not like it hindered the team or the team took a dip because of it.

And the Chiefs, if you look at the last 4 years, Dorsey's tenure, they might have been the best team in the league when it comes to drafting.

I felt Dorsey would keep the Chiefs as a perennial winner but here we are.

Just terrible news for Chiefs fans.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans know little of the inner workings of even their favorite teams. We know John Dorsey is a talented evaluator of talent. We know he has only been in charge in Kansas City and has no GM record anywhere else. We don't know why he was let go. It's safe to assume they had a good reason to do it. Another suit will be put in place. Football will resume. What else is there to say? I'm not sure what good there is in pounding your fists and being upset about a situation we're all ignorant to.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy pushed him out.

Same thing happened in here with Philly with several GM's, they could never get full control or kept losing control to Andy.

I knew Dorsey would be gone with in a few years of Andy showing up. Just how Andy works.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor mill has a few things to say

- Clark Hunt(owner)didnt like the rumors that Dorsey wanted to go back to GB.

- Hunt didn't like how Dorsey treated Berry. I guess Berry didn't even talk to Dorsey the entire year due to the contract issues. Reid/Hunt had to step to get Berry re-signed. Berry said he wouldn't go to Voluntary OTAs because of the animosity there.

- Hunt didn't like some of the contracts with the dead money issues. Dorsey fired the Capologist

- Reid/Hunt were furious about the Maclin release and how it was handled. Core player, hometown kid, Reid's guy and you cut him through voicemail. Reid wanted a man-to-man talk and had to apologize over the phone.

-Dorsey didn't like the contract offer dollar-wise, so he got canned

Of course rumors are only rumors.
-It's Brett Veachs job to lose at this point.
KC=SB 42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

- Hunt didn't like how Dorsey treated Berry. I guess Berry didn't even talk to Dorsey the entire year due to the contract issues. Reid/Hunt had to step to get Berry re-signed. Berry said he wouldn't go to Voluntary OTAs because of the animosity there.

- Hunt didn't like some of the contracts with the dead money issues. Dorsey fired the Capologist

- Reid/Hunt were furious about the Maclin release and how it was handled. Core player, hometown kid, Reid's guy and you cut him through voicemail. Reid wanted a man-to-man talk and had to apologize over the phone.

Yea Dorsey definitely was great at drafting and scouting but god it was like his people skills were non existent he handled the Berry situation horribly as well as with Jamaal. Not saying im happy about the move but I have faith it overall isn't as bad as some fans think. We will survive.

Mama was a Terp and Pop was a Buckeye so I guess that makes me a Nutty Turtle.

Chiefs/Buckeyes/Terps/Orioles/Wizards/Capitals
yea its weird get over it
Piquel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC=SB 42 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

Yea Dorsey definitely was great at drafting and scouting but god it was like his people skills were non existent he handled the Berry situation horribly as well as with Jamaal. Not saying im happy about the move but I have faith it overall isn't as bad as some fans think. We will survive.

I assumed Reid/Dorsey were playing good cop/bad cop.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

There is certainly a lot of smoke there. I hate to assume but I can definitely see it.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFC West imploding...I like. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:

Not really
KC=SB 42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:

Not really

Lol not at all. Still the best division in the AFC. Plus its not like this will really effect us at all THIS season. Dorsey always wanted to go back to GB so Im sure he will end up there soon enough.

Mama was a Terp and Pop was a Buckeye so I guess that makes me a Nutty Turtle.

Chiefs/Buckeyes/Terps/Orioles/Wizards/Capitals
yea its weird get over it
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:

??? What else is going on that makes you think implosion?

J

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to spotrac unless i'm reading it wrong KC is currently 12th in dead money and were 18th last year. They don't really have many bad contracts that guys are underperforming and their overall roster is pretty talented. How exactly are they in cap hell?
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevein2012 wrote:
According to spotrac unless i'm reading it wrong KC is currently 12th in dead money and were 18th last year. They don't really have many bad contracts that guys are underperforming and their overall roster is pretty talented. How exactly are they in cap hell?

NOW that we have been forced to cut Maclin our 2017 cap is enough to stay under the cap. But we had to sacrifice a good player in Maclin to do that..HOWEVER if you look at 2018 cap that is where you begin to see how deep the cap issues go. We are already 12 Million over the 2018 cap, and that is without our draft class and veteran free agent signings. The chiefs have basically forced themselves into cutting Alex Smith next offseason. That would save 17 million in cap space. Better hope Mahomes is ready to roll next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: