You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Fire GM John Dorsey
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Chiefs Fire GM John Dorsey Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/22/chiefs-fire-g-m-john-dorsey/

On the heels of re-signing Reid they fire his handpicked GM. Maclin issue? Cap Hell?

Dirsey likely taking over for Thompson in GB next year
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Would rather have Dorsey than Reid tbh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am shocked. I thought he was doing a good job...
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of Chiefer's points are good ones. Dorsey bungled the Maclin situation. It was done by text and was a PR nightmare when the method came out. It probably did not sit well in-house. Handling of the salary cap is core to the job description.

J

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Both of Chiefer's points are good ones. Dorsey bungled the Maclin situation. It was done by text and was a PR nightmare when the method came out. It probably did not sit well in-house. Handling of the salary cap is core to the job description.

J

You somehow spin everything so it makes sense.

Dorsey is a fantastic drafter. That alone made him worth keeping. He's found a really really good player in each of his last 2 drafts and has drafted guys who have been able to start early in their careers. He knows what he's doing.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Dorsey is a fantastic drafter. That alone made him worth keeping. He's found a really really good player in each of his last 2 drafts and has drafted guys who have been able to start early in their careers. He knows what he's doing.

Drafting isn't even his best trait, his ability to find guys off the street that fit a scheme is incredible. Every year we have 2-3 guys that get plugged in and play very well. He has an incredible eye for talent. He's made some picks that didn't work out ", but every GM has. He more than made up for it by his claims off other teams cuts.

If Dorsey ends up in GB, I'll be fine with this as Dorsey could haven't wanted this. Any other outcome we made a huge mistake though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope he got fired on AIM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Hope he got fired on AIM

Heard it was through smoke signals

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

Drafting isn't even his best trait, his ability to find guys off the street that fit a scheme is incredible. Every year we have 2-3 guys that get plugged in and play very well. He has an incredible eye for talent. He's made some picks that didn't work out ", but every GM has. He more than made up for it by his claims off other teams cuts.

If Dorsey ends up in GB, I'll be fine with this as Dorsey could haven't wanted this. Any other outcome we made a huge mistake though.

Yep. Dorsey is a brilliant talent guy. That's not the whole job.

J

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

J

Laughing You're right. Cap management far outweighs being able to find talent in the draft.

God, why I even respond to your posts I don't even know. Let me guess, he will be replaced without skipping a beat and suddenly the drafts will get better?
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

J

Laughing You're right. Cap management far outweighs being able to find talent in the draft.

God, why I even respond to your posts I don't even know. Let me guess, he will be replaced without skipping a beat and suddenly the drafts will get better?

Dorsey is a great talent evaluator. However this is a group process. This is not the John Dorsey Show. The scouts under him do the bulk of the scouting anyways. He helps in that process too, but this is not the John Dorsey show....You know else who had significant voice in those drafts? Andy Reid. Lets be honest...Any offensive player was obviously an Andy Reid guy. Especially Travis Kelce....Reid coached his brother in Philly...Easy to connect the dots there. Tyreek hill was handpicked by Dave Toub and by extention Andy Reid. I will give Dorsey credit for Marcus Peters...But everyone knew Peters was a stud, but no one wanted to deal with his character issues. Andy Reid is one of the few coaches who can handle a personality like Peters. The chiefs will be fine. The best players on our defense were Pioli and Carl Peterson picks. Reid is the one that is irreplaceable.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm baffled. Completely.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man that's not good, say what you want but losing a GM with his track record (even if Andy Reid was running the show) is still a big loss.

Hilariously Andy Reid's clock management skills carry over to the timing of firing people apparently and cutting players. Then again Maclin signed with the ravens....Reid is a genius and Dorsey deserved to be fired.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
Oh man that's not good, say what you want but losing a GM with his track record (even if Andy Reid was running the show) is still a big loss.

Hilariously Andy Reid's clock management skills carry over to the timing of firing people apparently and cutting players. Then again Maclin signed with the ravens....Reid is a genius and Dorsey deserved to be fired.

haha. Funny. But Clark Hunt fired John Dorsey not Reid, and Dorsey fired Maclin...(poor cap management by Dorsey led to Maclin being cut.) So he made his own bed and had to lay in it. Not to mention how unprofessional he was when cutting maclin. Maclin was the straw the broke the camels back, but he also horribly mismanaged the Justin Houston and Eric Berry contracts which led to the chiefs being is such deep cap issues. He could have gotten them both for much cheaper a year earlier if he wouldn't have played hardball with them. They both bet on themselves and won monster contracts. Dorsey knew they were good players the year before but tried to play hardball with them. Houston bet on him self and got 22 sacks, and Berry single handily beat the falcons with a pick 6 AND a pick 2. They could have been had for less before he played hardball. And then the maclin thing sealed the deal.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I'm baffled. Completely.

Same. I just don't know what he really did wrong. I'd put him in the top 5 GM's and this is obviously before the firing.

KC picked in the 20s and he still found ways to add star talent to the team. I'd say he's picked better than almost anyone the last few years, including Ted Thompson and John Schneider.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: