Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs extend Reid and Fire Dorsey
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingseanjohn wrote:
Some of you guys are crazy. Losing Dorsey hurts. No need for denial.

Hopefully we can find someone as good as Dorsey was at finding talent.
Just saying man

We couldn't run, couldn't stop the run

Couldn't pass effectively, couldn't rush the passer.

These are kinda big parts of a winning football team and we won despite major deficiencies there.
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:

Just saying man

These are kinda big parts of a winning football team and we won despite major deficiencies there.

Don't talk to me about not being able to stop the run and Sutton still has a JOB.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
samsel23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:

Just saying man

Just to play Devils Advocate.. we couldn't run or pass effectively last year,, yet we extended our Head Coach who is an offensive mind?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just to play Devils Advocate.. we couldn't run or pass effectively last year,, yet we extended our Head Coach who is an offensive mind?
Just to play Devils Advocate, Andy Reid has plenty of negatives to his game, play calling, clock management, allegience to a lousy DC, etc., so maybe it's time for a clean sweep again, including the HC?

Well it's awful cozy for Reid now. Spend the king's gold for a QB that needs Reid for development. Very difficult to excuse Reid now even if he deserves it.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:

Just saying man

Crazy right?

But the players didn't have a will to win before Reid got here.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But the players didn't have a will to win before Reid got here.
Oh pleeeease!! Gimme a break. Dwayne Bowe yes. J.Charles? Uh, no. It's the job of a new GM and HC is to weed out slackers. Reid and Dorsey didn't do anything new regiems normally do. Reid isn't suddenly omnipotent because he did what he was supposed to do. Both Dorsey and Reid misjudged Bowe's ability and character.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:

Just saying man

This is just non-sense.

We were middle of the pack in yards per game and yards per play, total, passing, and rushing, on offense. We could run and pass just fine. We just were not great at either.

We were admittedly subpar in run defense.

But your post suggest we were bad in basically everything but special teams and pass coverage, and it's impossible to win that way. This desperate need to trash our team to justify the firing of Dorsey is just irrational.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Quote:
Just to play Devils Advocate, Andy Reid has plenty of negatives to his game, play calling, clock management, allegience to a lousy DC, etc., so maybe it's time for a clean sweep again, including the HC?

Well it's awful cozy for Reid now. Spend the king's gold for a QB that needs Reid for development. Very difficult to excuse Reid now even if he deserves it.

I agree with Reid's extension, as much as I don't like him at times. It was the right move.

Just saying if Reid deserved to not be extended just as much as Dorsey, which IMO wasn't a whole lot of reason.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now they are saying Dorsey was fired because he would make decisions by himself without letting anyone know about it and sometimes it would appear a knee jerk reaction type thing. You know just like how Hunt fired Dorsey.

Hypocrite.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
So now they are saying Dorsey was fired because he would make decisions by himself without letting anyone know about it and sometimes it would appear a knee jerk reaction type thing. You know just like how Hunt fired Dorsey.

Hypocrite.
I'm good with Dorsey making independent decisions. That's what he gets paid to do. I'm Ok with Hunt firing Dorsey too. He writes the checcks. My problem is that Hunt owes the team, fans an explaination. What does Hunt expect from his GM? What message did he intend to send to the team, fans and prospective GM candidates?
samsel23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Hypocrite.
I'm good with Dorsey making independent decisions. That's what he gets paid to do. I'm Ok with Hunt firing Dorsey too. He writes the checcks. My problem is that Hunt owes the team, fans an explaination. What does Hunt expect from his GM? What message did he intend to send to the team, fans and prospective GM candidates?

Agreed with all of this.

The message to me.... is it was only okay for Dorsey to make decisions if Reid and Hunt okay'd them. Why even have a GM? Get a guy who just says Yes okay we will do that. Just a glorified scout IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Hypocrite.

Agreed with all of this.

The message to me.... is it was only okay for Dorsey to make decisions if Reid and Hunt okay'd them. Why even have a GM? Get a guy who just says Yes okay we will do that. Just a glorified scout IMO.

If this report is true, then I'm in agreement. Let a GM be a GM, let the coach coach and let the owner collect the profits. That's about the order it should go in as well. Hopefully this wasn't a knee jerk reaction with the Reid/Maclin relationship.

*edit for grammar*

The Air Less Expected on 3rd down AKA the ALEX scale

Last edited by kingseanjohn on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Hypocrite.

Agreed with all of this.

If it's as you describe, that could certainly be unfortunate, needing Reid and Hunt to okay them. But you need discussion with major roster decisions. You don't want your GM making major signings, trades, cuts, or draft picks without consulting the head coach. You don't want the GM to have to ask permission, or something, but you don't want your GM making a bunch of roster moves without getting the guys who then have to coach and develop those players on board.

If cutting Maclin, for instance, happened completely without Reid and/or Hunt knowing, I would absolutely say that's a major problem.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
samsel23 wrote:
mayanfootball wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Hypocrite.

Agreed with all of this.

If it's as you describe, that could certainly be unfortunate, needing Reid and Hunt to okay them. But you need discussion with major roster decisions. You don't want your GM making major signings, trades, cuts, or draft picks without consulting the head coach. You don't want the GM to have to ask permission, or something, but you don't want your GM making a bunch of roster moves without getting the guys who then have to coach and develop those players on board.

If cutting Maclin, for instance, happened completely without Reid and/or Hunt knowing, I would absolutely say that's a major problem.

Very true, I can definitely see that side of it.

Could also have been Dorsey doing this because he thought it would be the best thing for the team and he knew Reid/Hunt wouldn't okay the move if he brought it to them.

Too many unknowns to pick a side,, but I will say Andy is a players coach. He sticks his neck out for his guys, this can be a good thing and a bad thing. I will say I don't think cutting Maclin will affect our offense that much with Smith at QB. He's a good player, but we can't justify paying a WR that much if the QB can't consistently find the open WR in progressions. I think our cap space and how little we used Maclin played a big role in releasing him, and Andy being a players coach and loving Maclin wouldn't have okay'd this move, even though i doubt it affects us that much offensively.

Kind if a lose-lose situation for Dorsey in that regard; keep Maclin and continue overpaying for how we utilize him, or cut him and have the coach/owner disagree with the move

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion for what it's worth is that the Maclin thing, HOW it was handled was the final straw. We don't have a clue how long there were indicators things wouldn't work out. For what it's worth Hunt was trying to re-sign Dorsey up until recently we were told. This is why I think Ballard was allowed to leave. Knowing he was good for the team. When it became clear a deal wouldn't work, I think Hunt did the classy thing by letting Dorsey go. If his future wasn't here, let the guy go where he believes is best for him. Yeah it hurts us, but it was the right thing to do on a personal level.

All that being said, it sucks, egg on the face of a franchise that has a pretty damn good history of doing things the right way. Just like the Maclin thing.

Really wish we'd see Elliot Wolff's name pop up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: