You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Path to the Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Path to the Draft Reply with quote

NFL.com has been putting out a consistent stream of Path to the Draft predictions, so I thought I would make it a separate post.

Here's their latest: 17 for 17 defensive CFB players who will be NFL stars of the future. A bold prediction at best, but at least worth looking at.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000816863/article/17-for-17-defensive-cfb-players-who-will-be-nfl-stars

Here's their previous post on 17 for 17 offensive CFB players who will be NFL stars of the future.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000815006/17-for-17-Offensive-players-who-will-be-NFL-stars
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the 17 defensive players listed I only like following guys to develop into star NFL players:

1. S Derwin James (FSU)
2. DT Ed Oliver (Houston)
3. DE Arden Key (LSU)
4. DT Dexter Lawrence (Clemson)
5. DT Da'Ron Payne (Alabama)
6. DT Christian Wilkins (Clemson)

Of the 17 offensive players listed I only like following guys to develop into star NFL players:

1. RB Saquon Barkley (Penn State)
2. QB Sam Darnold (USC)
3. QB Josh Rosen (UCLA)
4. WR Christian Kirk (Texas A&M))

WR Antonio Callaway (Florida) should be listed among the future star NFL offensive players. IMO he's the best WR prospect in college right now by a wide margin.
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
Of the 17 defensive players listed I only like following guys to develop into star NFL players:

1. S Derwin James (FSU)
2. DT Ed Oliver (Houston)
3. DE Arden Key (LSU)
4. DT Dexter Lawrence (Clemson)
5. DT Da'Ron Payne (Alabama)
6. DT Christian Wilkins (Clemson)

Quote:
I have DT as one of the weakest positions in the 2018 draft, so having 3 of your top 6 as the most likely scenario for stardom seems unlikely to me. Add in that James is coming off a serious injury????

Of the 17 offensive players listed I only like following guys to develop into star NFL players:

1. RB Saquon Barkley (Penn State)
2. QB Sam Darnold (USC)
3. QB Josh Rosen (UCLA)
4. WR Christian Kirk (Texas A&M))

WR Antonio Callaway (Florida) should be listed among the future star NFL offensive players. IMO he's the best WR prospect in college right now by a wide margin.

Quote:

I like this list far better and agree that Callaway is a top prospect for NFL success although, he will need a superb final season to crack the 1st round, but it is within his capabilities.

I believe this will be a very solid draft year and could produce a few more stars than you might think.
VanS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamcanadian wrote:
I have DT as one of the weakest positions in the 2018 draft, so having 3 of your top 6 as the most likely scenario for stardom seems unlikely to me. Add in that James is coming off a serious injury????

FTR, Ed Oliver and Dexter Lawrence are true sophomores and won't be draft eligible until 2019. So the DT position is not as strong as that list suggests. Though I do like Da'Ron Payne and Christian Wilkins a lot more than any DT that came out in 2017.

Iamcanadian wrote:
I like this list far better and agree that Callaway is a top prospect for NFL success although, he will need a superb final season to crack the 1st round, but it is within his capabilities.

I believe this will be a very solid draft year and could produce a few more stars than you might think.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not too concerned with where he's ultimately drafted. I am more concerned with what type of player he will be in the NFL. And IMO he will be a SUPERSTAR. My pro comp for him has been Sterling Sharpe. A guy who would have been a Hall of Famer if not for a devastating neck injury that ended his career prematurely.

Antonio Callaway has that sort of potential in the NFL. He will be an elite receiver the moment he enters the league.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: