You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derek Carr Officially Highest Paid Player
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
Looks like no more new money this year. We only have $4.5 million left after signing our top three picks.
this new extension kicks in after the 2017 season, unless they mixed some of it with his 2017 salary, which i'm not aware of
Frankie2Gunz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved, I'm happy he got paid. He is on the verge of being elite and in my opinion he is already a top 7 Qb in the NFL. No doubt Carr is a QB you have to pay and of the young, 27 and under Qb's in the NFL the top 2 are Carr and Luck. Those are the only 2 I would currently give elite money to if I was a GM and feel confidant that they will be worth every penny. RM needs praise for drafting all of these great players and turning a dumpster fire of a team into one of the best young franchises in the NFL.

Props to Uncle Buck for the pimpin sig
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun note I just heard on NFL network...

Derek Carr has the most 4th qt comebacks in NFL history through three seasons with 12, ahead of John Elway and Peyton Manning. Which is crazy when you realize he only won 3 games as a rookie haha. All the signs point to him earning every cent. I feel like most Raider fans are confident we will come out of the Carr era with at least a super bowl, hopefully more.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Raider wrote:
Fun note I just heard on NFL network...

Derek Carr has the most 4th qt comebacks in NFL history through three seasons with 12, ahead of John Elway and Peyton Manning. Which is crazy when you realize he only won 3 games as a rookie haha. All the signs point to him earning every cent. I feel like most Raider fans are confident we will come out of the Carr era with at least a super bowl, hopefully more.

Hopefully he won't have to keep bringing the team back and they can just build and sustain leads throughout the game.

Well deserved tho.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
I do not know if the are guessing but Spotrac has the first as:

Base / SB / Roster / Workout / Dead / Cap Hit
$5,000,000/ $3,056,691 /$7,500,000/ $175,000 /($40,556,691)/ $15,731,691

If we extend Mack this year @ $20 per for 4 yrs he would average $16.6 over six years. This would leave little to extend Gabe. We could give Mack and extra $8 this year and extend Gabe at a 5 yr $40. He could make $6 this year and $7.2 over the next 5 years. That would leave us with a little under $6 which is close to what we average under RM. Plus you are not going to like the check Mack cashes if we wait. Over the next couple years he is going to start putting it all together and put up some monster numbers especially if the player s around him begin to develop.
If we lock up Gabe and Mack the only area of importance we lose in LT. Although we have little cap room with the extensions there are a lot of players that can be cut without taking a cap hit.

Funny thing happened as I was writing this. I went back to look at it again and they have taken it down now. Did they release some inside info or did someone just guess.

Just saw on ESPN he will make $25 in year one. $5 base, $12.5 SB, and $7.5 RB.

No way we are extending Mack this year. We'll get Gabe's deal done this year and wait til the year of his 5th yr option and see where we are cap wise.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it makes a lot more sense to take care of mack next offseason. you obviously dont want to wait until the summer after and worry about tagging him... but summer 2018 should be good

gabe jackson is next in line. you go by their free agency year, not by their talent
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:

If we extend Mack this year @ $20 per for 4 yrs he would average $16.6 over six years. This would leave little to extend Gabe. We could give Mack and extra $8 this year and extend Gabe at a 5 yr $40. He could make $6 this year and $7.2 over the next 5 years. That would leave us with a little under $6 which is close to what we average under RM. Plus you are not going to like the check Mack cashes if we wait. Over the next couple years he is going to start putting it all together and put up some monster numbers especially if the player s around him begin to develop.
If we lock up Gabe and Mack the only area of importance we lose in LT. Although we have little cap room with the extensions there are a lot of players that can be cut without taking a cap hit.

Funny thing happened as I was writing this. I went back to look at it again and they have taken it down now. Did they release some inside info or did someone just guess.

Somewhere between 15 and 16M seems to be his 2017 cap hit. The good news is the total amount is spread over 6 years, so the cap hit for each season will be less than 25M. If spotrac is correct, his cap hit for 2018 should be 22.5M and 22.6M for 2019.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well deserved. Now Reggie McKenzie's job becomes even more important because when you pay a QB big money you have to find late round/ cheap undrafted guys who can play at a high level. So far Reggie has proven he has that ability. Guys like Washington & Richard, Vadal Alexander who can fill in a multiple spots. This is the key to long term success.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://overthecap.com/player/derek-carr/2975

The breakdown isn't official yet but it should be close enough.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
https://overthecap.com/player/derek-carr/2975

The breakdown isn't official yet but it should be close enough.

With the 3 remaining rookies 2017 cap hit coming in at around 4 mil when they do sign that leaves us with 14 mil in cap space.

We have 2 options when signing Gabe now. We can front load the initial cap hit to this year like the Browns did for Joel Bitonio or we can stretch out the cap hit over the life of the deal with it increasing as the contract wears on with a nice signing bonus like KC did for Laurent Duvernay-Tardif. If we go KC's route we preserve that cap space to roll over for next year. Reggie has been known to front load tho so I expect we go the Browns route and only roll over a few mil to next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/joel-bitonio-14444/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/laurent-duvernay-tardif-14611/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:

Somewhere between 15 and 16M seems to be his 2017 cap hit. The good news is the total amount is spread over 6 years, so the cap hit for each season will be less than 25M. If spotrac is correct, his cap hit for 2018 should be 22.5M and 22.6M for 2019.

The numbers I originally got from Spotrac were at $15.7 million which would give us enough to sign Gabe but this is what ESPN writer Dan Graziano had to say:

"Some Derek Carr contract details: $40m fully guaranteed at signing. $70.2m total guaranteed at signing for injury. (So 40 full, 30.2 for injury only) He will make $25m in year one - a $12.5m signing bonus, a $7.5m roster bonus paid on June 30 and a $5m base salary. In 2018, he has a $15m roster bonus fully guaranteed at signing. His $7.4m 2018 base salary becomes fully guaranteed in February 2018. He also has a $100,000 workout bonus in 2018 and each subsequent year of the deal. He has $20m in 2019 money guaranteed for injury at signing and it becomes fully guaranteed in Feb 2019. The remaining injury guarantee (about $3m) is part of his 2020 salary, which is around $20m, as are his non-guaranteed 2021 and 2022 salaries."

He says $25 year one and then talks about what he is going to make in 2018. Make it sound like $25 in 2017 which leaves us with $4.5 after signing the top three picks.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drfrey13 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:

The numbers I originally got from Spotrac were at $15.7 million which would give us enough to sign Gabe but this is what ESPN writer Dan Graziano had to say:

"Some Derek Carr contract details: $40m fully guaranteed at signing. $70.2m total guaranteed at signing for injury. (So 40 full, 30.2 for injury only) He will make $25m in year one - a $12.5m signing bonus, a $7.5m roster bonus paid on June 30 and a $5m base salary. In 2018, he has a $15m roster bonus fully guaranteed at signing. His $7.4m 2018 base salary becomes fully guaranteed in February 2018. He also has a $100,000 workout bonus in 2018 and each subsequent year of the deal. He has $20m in 2019 money guaranteed for injury at signing and it becomes fully guaranteed in Feb 2019. The remaining injury guarantee (about $3m) is part of his 2020 salary, which is around $20m, as are his non-guaranteed 2021 and 2022 salaries."

He says $25 year one and then talks about what he is going to make in 2018. Make it sound like $25 in 2017 which leaves us with $4.5 after signing the top three picks.

I think it's getting lost in translation. The way he worded it is confusing and leads me to believe the spotrac #s are more accurate. They name their source as ESPN as well.

I think we'll still have the 14 mil in space this year with Carr's cap hit at 15 in 2017.

Time will tell as the contract is filed and confirmed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:

No way we are extending Mack this year. We'll get Gabe's deal done this year and wait til the year of his 5th yr option and see where we are cap wise.

It's definitely unlikely, but there's no law stating we have to put money for Mack on this cap just because he signs an extension.

Remember, 15 mil of Carr's salary went on this year's cap simply to alleviate 15 mil in future years. Oakland was not obligated to do that, he was already signed for this year. Same with Mack, they wouldn't obligated to charge this year's cap for one cent. He's signed for two more years as of now. Extending that could cost nothing now.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
drfrey13 wrote:

It's definitely unlikely, but there's no law stating we have to put money for Mack on this cap just because he signs an extension.

Remember, 15 mil of Carr's salary went on this year's cap simply to alleviate 15 mil in future years. Oakland was not obligated to do that, he was already signed for this year. Same with Mack, they wouldn't obligated to charge this year's cap for one cent. He's signed for two more years as of now. Extending that could cost nothing now.

I think you know my meaning was having cap space taken this year. Of course, they could extend him now. That is a calculated risk you would have to think about tho. You never know what would happen in the future with the player and what our cap and the leagues financial situation will be. Extending someone 2 years out is almost unprecedented for those reasons. Sure the benefit would be you may get him cheaper but that is a huge risk.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr was 3rd in MVP voting in only his 3rd season. His combination of talent, leadership, and work ethic is as good as it gets for a young QB. Well deserved.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: