You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SCOUT's 2018 Mock Draft - V2.10 - Updated July 11th
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keanu Neal and Jordan Whitehead could work together in the back of a defense. Whitehead can play either safety spot effectively. He's not a box-only NFL prospect. I would leave him to Atlanta. That's not a bad pick.
Danish49ers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure a QB makes sense for 49ers at this point, and looking in it might be their biggest concern come next season.

But I think WR and passrush (Kirk or Key) is also worth considering...
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSCOUT wrote:
Ok, Scar988. I will make some changes to my Atlanta pick.

You are correct, I did use OurLads Depth chart. I do not know the mechanisms of all 32 teams and was relying on their website too much.

I do not have any FS worthy of that position in the draft, So... I am going to have to look elsewhere.

What you think about Armani Watts FS from Texas A&M? I sorta like the guy and with Nelson already gone at OG to be our starting RG next year i think he would be a fine choice at FS if Rico Allen doesn't take the next step.

DT and TE wouldn't be horrible choices either if we are looking for upgrades at depth or to make them stronger positions if Poe or Hageman don't come back.
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
TheSCOUT wrote:
scar988 wrote:
The Falcons have Keanu Neal at SS. Why would they take another one?

I see Keanu Neal as their starting FS...

Ricardo Allen is their starting SS...

He could be upgraded...
Don't go by ourlads. Go by how the fans here actually tell you what they play. Keanu Neal plays SS. Ricardo Allen plays FS. Don't sit here and argue with me over something as trivial as this when it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about. Keanu Neal plays a box safety role. So taking another box safety helps how? I cover the team for USA today's Falcons Wire Website. I know what the hell I'm talking about.

Actually do research.

That's how you get readers!
TheSCOUT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::HUGE UPDATE COMING ::

- V2.0 Coming Soon -
TheSCOUT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
TheSCOUT wrote:
Ok, Scar988. I will make some changes to my Atlanta pick.

You are correct, I did use OurLads Depth chart. I do not know the mechanisms of all 32 teams and was relying on their website too much.

I do not have any FS worthy of that position in the draft, So... I am going to have to look elsewhere.

What you think about Armani Watts FS from Texas A&M? I sorta like the guy and with Nelson already gone at OG to be our starting RG next year i think he would be a fine choice at FS if Rico Allen doesn't take the next step.

DT and TE wouldn't be horrible choices either if we are looking for upgrades at depth or to make them stronger positions if Poe or Hageman don't come back.

I like Watts. He would be a good pick.

I don't think Poe is going anywhere. He will get franchised at the very least.

There are no top 50 TE prospects in this draft.
ChiBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that next year is the big QB year and if the Bears have the number 2 pick they will sell it for allot more than what they gave up for Trubisky..hope SF calls them..lol..my my the tables will turn..
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHA For Cleveland - Great picks however Texans with a rookie QB picking at 19. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That coach with a rookie QB won't translate to playoffs.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
TheSCOUT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA For Cleveland - Great picks however Texans with a rookie QB picking at 19. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That coach with a rookie QB won't translate to playoffs.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Someone has to win the AFC South...
Zantku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong Safety isn't really one of the Titans biggest needs. If I had to go through our top needs it would be MLB, CB, LE, OLB, OG, SS.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
22. Atlanta Falcons – Calvin Ridley – WR – Alabama

Now this is an interesting pick. While it would be shocking to see, the only WRs under contract for 2018 for Atlanta are Justin Hardy, Julio Jones and Mohamed Sanu. If the Falcons decide Sanu is just a slot guy, taking Ridley to be the pure #2 makes a ton of sense. Good pick.

Quote:
22. Atlanta Falcons – Dre’mont Jones – DT – Ohio St.

I kind of question whether he'll rise up boards to this point, but if he does, I can see why Atlanta would like him. He's a solid 6'3", 305 pound 1 or 3 technique tackle. Even if they re-signed Dontari Poe, the Falcons would still need some rotational depth at DT behind Jarrett with HAgeman and Clayborn as FAs. I really like the pick if he can improve as a pass rusher this year. Also, since he's just a RS SO, it'd be shocking to see him leave if this is his projection.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: SCOUT's 2018 Mock Draft - V2.0 - Updated July 5th Reply with quote

TheSCOUT wrote:
Version 2.0 - Updated July 5th
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Armani Watts – FS – Texas A&M

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Parris Campbell – WR – Ohio St.

While I appreciate the effort, this would be pretty bad for the Bengals, at least at this point in time.

Last off-season, we extended both George Iloka and Shawn Williams to five year deals. Even if one could be upgraded, it would be such an un-Bengal-like move to use a first round pick on a safety.

There is absolutely no reason to take a WR that high, if fact, at all in the draft. We have Green, Boyd was a second rounder last year, Ross was a first rounder this year, plus the roster depth includes Brandon LaFell, Josh Malone, Cody Core, and Alex Erickson. I don't see the need for a WR for about three drafts honestly.

This draft should be all about bolstering the trenches, especially on the offensive side. Fisher has been OK, Ogbuehi has struggled, and Bodine is a matador disguised as an NFL center.
If it were me, I'd take a tackle in the first (the Texas or Oklahoma one, whichever was still available) and a guard or center in the second round (Price), with the other spot taken in the third.
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosen and Cain? Sign me up!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, OT looks like a big need. We don't have much depth. Dotson could be gone after this year and Donovan Smith could prove to be better suited at RT. I like the pick.

DT is actually one of our deeper positions. Sure, we're older than you'd like, but we've got three quality guys with two or three quality reserves who have potential. Unless the guy looks like a superstar, I think we'd pass on the position.

I'd say RB (Maybe. We've got a stable of unknowns right now.), CB, and EDGE are bigger needs right now.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: