You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Guion Arrested Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenrik

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

I'm guessing that for a man of his size, that would be more than two beers.

I agree with your statement that he wasn't sloppy and made a really bad decision, but it also wasn't as innocent as 2 beers during dinner.

The main point about this guys is that he is constantly getting himself into trouble. This isn't an isolated incident. It is a pattern of behavior. That's why they should move on from him.

Agreed on all fronts. I'm 5'11" 185 and 2 beers does NOT put me over .8 at all. As minor as this really is, this should be the final straw for Guion. The Packers website has Ringo directly behind Guion on the depth chart, but I would think Kenny Clark could move over and take that position over. Guion was signed as a stop-gap player, he is replaceable...

What does put you over a .8? Jw
Chili

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Congratulations on your promotion to the starting lineup Kenny Clark.

Congratulations on making the team Brian Price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt87mXL_ftg

I would argue that Price doesn't even make the team, even if Guion was cut.

In recent years we never seem to keep more than 5 DL and if this pattern continues then our final 5 (injuries permitting) will almost certainly be Daniels, Clark, Jean-Francois, Lowry and Adams.

Having only 5 make sense considering how often we play our nickle packages.

However Price is still PS eligible I believe but Ringo is not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
call up raji, tell him it's god calling

Raji is done and never coming back. Might as well say "go sign zombie Reggie White".

Even Zombie Reggie would put up 10 sacks in the league. The problem would be keeping him in brains. Insert Rogers/Janis joke anywhere you like.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
flyers0909

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
He was arrested with a BAC of .086. While illegal, that's going out and having two beers and heading home after dinner.

This is total nonsense. There are so many factors that go into it so the charts out there aren't totally accurate. But the chart says for a 240 pound male, 5 drinks will put him at a .080 but subtract .01-.015 per hour. Again, I'm not sure how much faith I put into the charts, but there's no way in hall a 340lb man is blowing a .086 after having two beers.

Smack on the Lindor
Rammy on the Claude
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
He was arrested with a BAC of .086. While illegal, that's going out and having two beers and heading home after dinner.

This is total nonsense. There are so many factors that go into it so the charts out there aren't totally accurate. But the chart says for a 240 pound male, 5 drinks will put him at a .080 but subtract .01-.015 per hour. Again, I'm not sure how much faith I put into the charts, but there's no way in hall a 340lb man is blowing a .086 after having two beers.

Okay he had 5 beers. He was .007 over "impaired." Which isn't really iimpaired.

The guy was very likely not any danger at that state.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
flyers0909 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

Okay he had 5 beers. He was .007 over "impaired." Which isn't really iimpaired.

The guy was very likely not any danger at that state.

Lets not split hairs over a number here. All I was getting at is that 1) The limit is lower than people think when they go out and have a few beers with dinner 2) He was arrested late at night, so he probably was coming down from his birthday celebration and thought he was good to go at that point, but clearly was fractionally not good to go 3) Go buy a breathalyzer at sams club if you want to test it, like my college friends and I had fun doing, but there's no way you can put back 5 beers in an hour and still be legal to drive one hour later. Height, weight, Age, fat% all factor in here. Many of those charts are not adapting to the variables. High tolerance does not equal Lower BAC. On the blood level it's all about the same. So what I'm getting at, is that for better or worse you or somebody you know probably drove with the same or slightly higher BAC sometime in the last few months and didn't get caught. The law is tight, and he should have made a better decision and got a cab. But he also doesn't deserve to lose his job over this or the florida charges where he was a victim of targeting. The PED suspension is what worries me, but clearly we didn't cut him after that and I wouldn't cut him after this.
vegas492

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little tidbit from the story about Guion's arrest.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/apnewsbreak-police-nfl-player-stumbled-slurred-speech-212144948--spt.html

"'Please sir, it's my birthday,'" he told an officer, according to the records. "'I can have someone else drive.'"

Guion was pulled over while driving a white 2017 Porsche Cayenne because he was drifting between lanes, the report said.

"'I know I'm drunk,'" he told the officer in the records. "'I've been drinking Hennessy all night. I don't drink any of that weak stuff, only the hard stuff.'"

Kind of puts to rest the notion that he could have had 2 beers or so on his birthday. He knew he was drunk and got behind the wheel anyway. At least he used the word, "sir".
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

meta-analysis from journal of safety research in 2006.... suggesting that the legal limit of .08 is quite lax. impairments begins at much lower BAC.

'Laboratory studies indicate that impairment in critical driving functions begins at low BACs and that most subjects are significantly impaired at .05 BAC'

a guy with LG's criminal record would have to be a much better football player than the next guy behind him.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:
meta-analysis from journal of safety research in 2006.... suggesting that the legal limit of .08 is quite lax. impairments begins at much lower BAC.

'Laboratory studies indicate that impairment in critical driving functions begins at low BACs and that most subjects are significantly impaired at .05 BAC'

a guy with LG's criminal record would have to be a much better football player than the next guy behind him.

To be honest, I think he is. I don't recall why Minnesota let him go, but as I recall, he was pretty solid for the Vikings. He has been pretty solid for the Packers. He needs to quit getting in trouble for dumb [inappropriate/removed] though.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

HokieHigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:

To be honest, I think he is. I don't recall why Minnesota let him go, but as I recall, he was pretty solid for the Vikings. He has been pretty solid for the Packers. He needs to quit getting in trouble for dumb [inappropriate/removed] though.

Yea I don't know the business or football side of things well enough to make that kind of judgment call.

I recalled the references and felt they were relevant to settle the 'splitting of the hairs.'
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance he can plea this down and avoid suspension since he was right on the line?
skibrett15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guion 2014, 2016
Jolly 2x
Jones 2015
Pennel 2015
Mike Neal

Feels like I'm missing a bunch of others?

Also feels like a few too many at one position to dismiss as a coincidence. This was a culture issue.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:

Yea I don't know the business or football side of things well enough to make that kind of judgment call.

I recalled the references and felt they were relevant to settle the 'splitting of the hairs.'

MN dumped him because Zimmer was having none of it/him.

Plus they had Joseph, an emerging (no longer) Floyd, and a few others. If you're starting from the bottom, guys like Guion become more of a distraction.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
HokieHigh wrote:

MN dumped him because Zimmer was having none of it/him.

Plus they had Joseph, an emerging (no longer) Floyd, and a few others. If you're starting from the bottom, guys like Guion become more of a distraction.

good point.
smetana34

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
Guion 2014, 2016
Jolly 2x
Jones 2015
Pennel 2015
Mike Neal

Feels like I'm missing a bunch of others?

Also feels like a few too many at one position to dismiss as a coincidence. This was a culture issue.

Weren't those last 3 for PED's?

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."
incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: