You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Guion Arrested Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vegas492


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 1510
Location: Pewaukee, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
His a$$ is gra$$

Then he will smoke his own a$$.
_________________
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 16101
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to say, I thought this was a necro-bump. I probably should have known better. What is this, his third or fourth incident since joining the Packers?

There is a pattern here of irresponsible, and arrogant or foolish behavior. If I am reading correctly, there is a $333k cap hit to get rid of him now.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/letroy-guion-4706/
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 2755
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was arrested with a BAC of .086. While illegal, that's going out and having two beers and heading home after dinner.

I don't want to open a debate about anything political here, but just for context, he wasn't arrested for "drunk driving" in the same sense that he went out, drank his face off, and made a terrible decision to get behind the wheel. 15 years ago, the limit was .10. So whatever your opinion on it, this was very close to the scope of legal, and not all that uncommon from what anybody who has drinks at a bar or restaurant and drives home after is measuring at.

Basically I'm saying that in my opinion this doesn't represent a clear bonehead move. Could he have gotten a taxi? Yes. But do most people driving with the same BAC in Green Bay, WI? Unfortunately, no.
_________________
The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vegas492


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 1510
Location: Pewaukee, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
He was arrested with a BAC of .086. While illegal, that's going out and having two beers and heading home after dinner.

I don't want to open a debate about anything political here, but just for context, he wasn't arrested for "drunk driving" in the same sense that he went out, drank his face off, and made a terrible decision to get behind the wheel. 15 years ago, the limit was .10. So whatever your opinion on it, this was very close to the scope of legal, and not all that uncommon from what anybody who has drinks at a bar or restaurant and drives home after is measuring at.

Basically I'm saying that in my opinion this doesn't represent a clear bonehead move. Could he have gotten a taxi? Yes. But do most people driving with the same BAC in Green Bay, WI? Unfortunately, no.


I'm guessing that for a man of his size, that would be more than two beers.

I agree with your statement that he wasn't sloppy and made a really bad decision, but it also wasn't as innocent as 2 beers during dinner.

The main point about this guys is that he is constantly getting himself into trouble. This isn't an isolated incident. It is a pattern of behavior. That's why they should move on from him.
_________________
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 16101
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:


The main point about this guys is that he is constantly getting himself into trouble. This isn't an isolated incident. It is a pattern of behavior. That's why they should move on from him.


That is where I sit. None of his incidents, that I recall, would warrant moving on if it were his only blunder, but he seems to always do something.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 14803
Location: Green Bay for the summer.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
vegas492 wrote:


The main point about this guys is that he is constantly getting himself into trouble. This isn't an isolated incident. It is a pattern of behavior. That's why they should move on from him.


That is where I sit. None of his incidents, that I recall, would warrant moving on if it were his only blunder, but he seems to always do something.


I agree. This pattern of behavior is a problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17912
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
He was arrested with a BAC of .086. While illegal, that's going out and having two beers and heading home after dinner.

I don't want to open a debate about anything political here, but just for context, he wasn't arrested for "drunk driving" in the same sense that he went out, drank his face off, and made a terrible decision to get behind the wheel. 15 years ago, the limit was .10. So whatever your opinion on it, this was very close to the scope of legal, and not all that uncommon from what anybody who has drinks at a bar or restaurant and drives home after is measuring at.

Basically I'm saying that in my opinion this doesn't represent a clear bonehead move. Could he have gotten a taxi? Yes. But do most people driving with the same BAC in Green Bay, WI? Unfortunately, no.


Anyone notice it was his birthday...

I don't know why I'm bringing this up but I am.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
packerrfan74


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 2159
Location: where?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A .08 and everyone wants to cut the guy?

No issue here whatsoever.

Keep him around, we need him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerrfan74 wrote:

Keep him around, we need him.

For the headlines.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackyAttacky


Joined: 12 Mar 2017
Posts: 208
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Congratulations on your promotion to the starting lineup Kenny Clark.

Congratulations on making the team Brian Price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt87mXL_ftg

Just found out this was from blazing saddles, always assumed it was from the Transformers show.


Your money is on Price, does Ringo have a good chance and anything you like about Price other than he is the next best big.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 13518
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackyAttacky wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Congratulations on your promotion to the starting lineup Kenny Clark.

Congratulations on making the team Brian Price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt87mXL_ftg

Just found out this was from blazing saddles, always assumed it was from the Transformers show.


Your money is on Price, does Ringo have a good chance and anything you like about Price other than he is the next best big.


Ringo's got a shot to make the team but Ringo and Guion play different positions

Guion is a 0-1, Ringo is a 3T
_________________
BroncoinGermany wrote:
From the day he was born and subsequently starting to grow into his short neck, round face, scruffy beard and pale face, Bulaga was destined to be a Packers O-Linemen for life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skibrett15


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 2537
Location: nibelheim
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

call up raji, tell him it's god calling
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 4473
Location: Quahog, RI
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:

I'm guessing that for a man of his size, that would be more than two beers.

I agree with your statement that he wasn't sloppy and made a really bad decision, but it also wasn't as innocent as 2 beers during dinner.

The main point about this guys is that he is constantly getting himself into trouble. This isn't an isolated incident. It is a pattern of behavior. That's why they should move on from him.


Agreed on all fronts. I'm 5'11" 185 and 2 beers does NOT put me over .8 at all. As minor as this really is, this should be the final straw for Guion. The Packers website has Ringo directly behind Guion on the depth chart, but I would think Kenny Clark could move over and take that position over. Guion was signed as a stop-gap player, he is replaceable...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dubyajay


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 2246
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skibrett15 wrote:
call up raji, tell him it's god calling
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 12051
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:
call up raji, tell him it's god calling


Raji is done and never coming back. Might as well say "go sign zombie Reggie White".
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group