You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders / Carr Finalizing $25m per year Deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Fair price (but I think he left some on the table still)
and better than Luck

Agreed. He could have gotten way more money. Open market Carr would have gotten at least 30m per. He will be the consensus best QB in the NFL very soon.
Never.

Let me guess....let me guess....

Marcus Mariota? Has to be....he is the only current starting QB out of Oregon.

And Chip Kelly will return and continue his reign as best NFL head coach ever....right?

Kellen Clemens is still in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:

Quote:

Still....youre right....Mariota, Clemens and Matt Barkley will likely round out the top 3 in a few years.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than Luck lol ok
G

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the Carr family. His injury showed his worth and I wouldn't doubt he extends again when it's time to make cap room for Amari. Mack will get his before FA next season. Then they will be in Vegas and more bonus money to lower cap hits. Would love to keep Gabe Jackson, but more than 8 million is what he'll get on the open market after this past FA signing frenzy. I'd only give him more if he's playing LG because Osemele moved to LT and excelled.
Time to draft OL every year to keep the ball rolling.
I'd rather pay Carr, Mack, Cooper BIG MONEY and not worry about off-field issues (esp. in Vegas) then get vets who want to play with these guys on team friendly deals and build a young core/depth in the draft.

Carr deserves it, but this will limit the talent we can afford to put around him.
The Cowboys have an excellent window of opportunity like the Seahawks did with Wilson's rookie deal. We can franchise Mack after 5th year opt so 3 years if necessary but I'd rather sign ASAP as contracts keep going up and with amazon stepping into NFL I'm thinking Kraft's words of NFL's future not on TV will be the tip of the 'bubble' before the big crash...

PS Brady taking a discount is smart because he'll make it up on endorsements and TV/ appearances as the GOAT...Legacy can be worth a lot more than money and can create even more money. Laughing
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
Better than Luck lol ok

Your analysis has swayed me
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

Quote:

Still....youre right....Mariota, Clemens and Matt Barkley will likely round out the top 3 in a few years.

Barkley's a USC guy?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr is pretty awesome, hard to not want to pull for the dude. I like this young Raider team, they got some exciting player but a lot of good guys, not really the classic Raider team with a buncha of bad/rough dudes like the days of old.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Carr is pretty awesome, hard to not want to pull for the dude. I like this young Raider team, they got some exciting player but a lot of good guys, not really the classic Raider team with a buncha of bad/rough dudes like the days of old.

Yep, full of high character guys. Carr, Mack, and Cooper (our nucleus) are probably three of the most humble and nicest guys in the sport.
daineraider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
Fair price (but I think he left some on the table still)
and better than Luck

Agreed. He could have gotten way more money. Open market Carr would have gotten at least 30m per. He will be the consensus best QB in the NFL very soon.
Never.

Let me guess....let me guess....

And Chip Kelly will return and continue his reign as best NFL head coach ever....right?

Naturally for him that is the only correct answer. Only player on the Raiders capable of being the best in the league to him is Pharaoh Brown(pretty sure he is our only Oregon player).

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Yep, full of high character guys. Carr, Mack, and Cooper (our nucleus) are probably three of the most humble and nicest guys in the sport.

Quote:
Derek Carr was sentenced Tuesday to 25 years in a federal prison for drug trafficking
http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/public-safety/2015/12/22/gang-member-derek-carrs-sentencing-today/77740140/

Quote:
Khalil Mack was transported to Central Booking where he has been charged with several handgun violations.
https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCityPolice/photos/pb.58771761955.-2207520000.1469072721./10153615108261956/?type=3

Quote:
Amari Cooper vandalizes Nike store with scissors

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Amari-Cooper-cuts-ribbon-for-Tuscaloosas-Nike-store-38033054

Same ole Raiders
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk Cousins is probably ecstatic about this. The Skins shoulda gave him a deal before this and now Cousins camp will point to this deal to begin negotiations.

Thanks to Jgoldiscool on the sig!
Mr Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Kirk Cousins is probably ecstatic about this. The Skins shoulda gave him a deal before this and now Cousins camp will point to this deal to begin negotiations.

I'm sure he isn't unhappy about it lol. But Carr's deal isn't much more than Lucks who was signed last year and contracts go up every year. So this didn't do anything earth shattering in terms of what Cousins is likely to ask for. Though Stafford has the chance to raise the bar even more.

Cousins stands to make the most money Imo by not signing this year imo. It's gotten to the point now where I understand players want the long term security a long term deal gives you, but he's already been franchised twice, that's not bad money, and if they do it again that's 30+ million for the year. A lot of guys take the long term deal to avoid the tag at all, once you've been tagged twice I think it makes more sense to try and get to the open market. Cousins isn't elite, but he's very good, and QBS his caliber don't make it to the open market very often at all. If he waits it out and continues to bet on himself and win, he's going to see absurd offers from a QB needy team. The way his career has gone starting later and then being tagged, he probably already lost the chance at 2 huge contracts, so it might be in his best interest to make the big money the tag offers him and get to free agency and sign the biggest deal he could get. Whereas if he took a contract he didn't see as fair value before being tagged at all there's a chance he could have gotten another contract in a couple of years, but likely wouldn't have made as much.

The poster formally known as LivingLegendWFC
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signs a team friendly deal. It's Tom Brandy-esque.
Counselor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Quote:
Derek Carr was sentenced Tuesday to 25 years in a federal prison for drug trafficking
http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/public-safety/2015/12/22/gang-member-derek-carrs-sentencing-today/77740140/

Quote:
Khalil Mack was transported to Central Booking where he has been charged with several handgun violations.
https://www.facebook.com/BaltimoreCityPolice/photos/pb.58771761955.-2207520000.1469072721./10153615108261956/?type=3

Quote:
Amari Cooper vandalizes Nike store with scissors

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Amari-Cooper-cuts-ribbon-for-Tuscaloosas-Nike-store-38033054

Same ole Raiders

Hahahahaha thank you

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Derek and David seem like good dudes. As he said in an interview, that money is going to help a lot of people not just him.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: