You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

For future reference, Rashan Gary DT Michigan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iamcanadian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: For future reference, Rashan Gary DT Michigan Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000816134/article/michigan-dc-rashan-gary-can-be-best-ive-ever-seen

Pretty heavy comment on a soph, but if that 4.57 40 speed is true, he might just live up to his hype.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4.57 isn't real, but he is a hell of a player.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
catcheryea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told he went to Clemson.

CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those spring hand times are always worth a good laugh. Haven't watched him in depth specifically but everyone there sings like a bird when he's brought up and he flashed when I watched Charlton and Wormley.
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trio of Ed Oliver, Dexter Lawrence and Rashan Gary for 2019 is very intriguing.

LB Haason Reddick, S Budda Baker, WR Chad Williams, OG Dorian Johnson, OT Will Holden, RB/KR TJ Logan, CB/S Rudy Ford
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Those spring hand times are always worth a good laugh. Haven't watched him in depth specifically but everyone there sings like a bird when he's brought up and he flashed when I watched Charlton and Wormley.
He's going to be fun. He was great as a high school junior at The Opening against the countries best seniors. Then he dominated the next year as a senior. Then as a freshman he came in and immediately learned both 3T and ANCHOR (which isn't necessarily easy to do in Don Brown's defense). He played well inside, he played well outside, he even covered a RB leaking out of the backfield once and actually kept up with him. Then Harbaugh posts the spring combine results showing him running a 4.57 40 and a 6.70 3-cone, and jumping a 31" vertical and 9'6" broad jump. In reality, he's probably running in the 4.7's or 4.8's which fits more in line with what he did in high school ("laser timed" in the 4.74 at 287lbs), which is still pretty impressive. Then you get Don Brown talking him up literally saying he can be the best that he's ever seen. Now that Charlton and Wormley are gone he's being a leader on the DL, along with Mo Hurst, showing the recruits the right way to handle themselves. Pretty soon he'll be one of the leaders for the whole team. He already has a better handle than anyone else on what Don Brown wants with the defense and defensive line. All he has left to do is go produce, keep developing his skills, and continue to work on becoming a better athlete.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock Lesnar put up similarly freaky numbers at the combine. Gary's times are better and I buy into him being a bigger freak. The numbers are a little inflated, but the notion that those numbers are impossible for a dude that size is false.
unfsaint

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Brock Lesnar put up similarly freaky numbers at the combine. Gary's times are better and I buy into him being a bigger freak. The numbers are a little inflated, but the notion that those numbers are impossible for a dude that size is false.

Man I wish Brock would have played football...he really could have been a heck of an NFL player. One of the most impressive size-speed guys I've ever seen.

Hau'oli Kikaha- 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 0 INT, 4 FF, 1 FR, 2 PD

Willie Snead- 69 reception, 984 yards, 3 TDs
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he could be a good 1, be interesting to see how he pans out.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

Man I wish Brock would have played football...he really could have been a heck of an NFL player. One of the most impressive size-speed guys I've ever seen.

He's made far more as a wrestler/fighter/actor than he ever would have as a ball player and that includes Vince and Dana being mizers.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
winitall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's only one play but I think this sums up his athleticism pretty well. That's him covering the RB in the flat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:
It's only one play but I think this sums up his athleticism pretty well. That's him covering the RB in the flat.

Dang Shocked

^^^El Rammy
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
winitall wrote:

Dang Shocked
Keep in mind that was week 1 his freshman year, and he was only 18 years old at the time. Reports say he looks like he's in even better shape so far this off-season.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Ed Oliver and Dexter Lawrence. They actually performed up to their high school billing last year. Rashan Gary was a disappointment in comparison to them.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanS wrote:
I prefer Ed Oliver and Dexter Lawrence. They actually performed up to their high school billing last year. Rashan Gary was a disappointment in comparison to them.

You prefer anyone who is from a southern area, he played well in limited action. Also, he might end up as an edge player, he's not a DT.

He made a lot of plays by just being in position where he didn't make the play but he did by being in position. Also, Nick Bosa

Vans, I would respect you more if you weren't so clearly biased to the south.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: