You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 OG going into '17
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Top 10 OG going into '17 Reply with quote

Who are your top 10 OG's entering the 2017 season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frenchie


Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 378
Location: Mid City
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Zack Martin
2. Marshall Yanda
3. Brandon Scherff
4. TJ Lang
5. David DeCastro
6. Josh Sitton
7. Richie Incognito
8. Kelechi Osemele
9. Kyle Long
10. Andy Levitre
HM. Joel Bitonio/Ali Marpet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LuckIsGOAT


Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 5021
Location: San Francisco
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decastro has to be at least top 3
_________________
Giants
Stanford
Colts
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HTTRG3Dynasty


Joined: 03 Apr 2012
Posts: 10605
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Scherff is consistent enough to be top 3 yet. But he is definitely top 10.
_________________

mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Marshal Yanda
2. Zack Martin
3. Kelechi Osemele
4. David DeCastro
5. Kevin Zeitler
6. Brandon Scherff
7. TJ Lang
8. Andrew Norwell
9. Richie Incognito
10. Justin Pugh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 1998
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider Gabe Jackson a top 10 OG, Apparently, according to PFF (I don't consider them an unimpeachable source but interesting nonetheless) he was one of 3 OGs to play over 1000 snaps last year and not concede a single sack ( I think KO and DeCastro were the others), also played well from the old eye test with above average run blocking. Kelechi Osemele was superb last season and simply has to be top 3 even when I take off my Silver and Black tinted glasses Laughing
_________________
"The fire that burns brightest in the Raiders organization is the will to win."
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 63655
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
1. Marshal Yanda
2. Zack Martin
3. Kelechi Osemele
4. David DeCastro
5. Kevin Zeitler
6. Brandon Scherff
7. TJ Lang
8. Andrew Norwell
9. Richie Incognito
10. Justin Pugh


Curious why you see Zeitler as that high?

And no, its not because he is in my division because I agree with Yanda being at 1 and at worst top 3. But Zeitler, while good, Im not even sure he is top 10. Its probably close, but I dont think he has an argument being quite that high based on what he has shown. Maybe that will change with the Browns....but right now, Im thinking he is somewhere between 8-12.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 63655
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
I would consider Gabe Jackson a top 10 OG, Apparently, according to PFF (I don't consider them an unimpeachable source but interesting nonetheless) he was one of 3 OGs to play over 1000 snaps last year and not concede a single sack ( I think KO and DeCastro were the others), also played well from the old eye test with above average run blocking. Kelechi Osemele was superb last season and simply has to be top 3 even when I take off my Silver and Black tinted glasses Laughing


DeCastro gave up sacks. As good as he was at times, he had a couple really bad games. But I wouldnt be shocked if PFF claimed that. They are terrible at assessing the OLine. I still remember them having Willie Colon as the number 2 rated OT years ago in a year he was average at best.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 5612
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
1. Marshal Yanda
2. Zack Martin
3. Kelechi Osemele
4. David DeCastro
5. Kevin Zeitler
6. Brandon Scherff
7. TJ Lang
8. Andrew Norwell
9. Richie Incognito
10. Justin Pugh

One could argue Kyle Long is the best Guard in all of Football. How on earth is he not ahead of Andrew Norwell and Justin Pugh?
_________________

BEARS----BULLS----DODGERS----KINGS--
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
1. Marshal Yanda
2. Zack Martin
3. Kelechi Osemele
4. David DeCastro
5. Kevin Zeitler
6. Brandon Scherff
7. TJ Lang
8. Andrew Norwell
9. Richie Incognito
10. Justin Pugh


Curious why you see Zeitler as that high?

And no, its not because he is in my division because I agree with Yanda being at 1 and at worst top 3. But Zeitler, while good, Im not even sure he is top 10. Its probably close, but I dont think he has an argument being quite that high based on what he has shown. Maybe that will change with the Browns....but right now, Im thinking he is somewhere between 8-12.


I guess it's more about the lack of top shelf guards, than what I think of Zeitler. I think he's a good player tho, really like him in pass pro
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
1. Marshal Yanda
2. Zack Martin
3. Kelechi Osemele
4. David DeCastro
5. Kevin Zeitler
6. Brandon Scherff
7. TJ Lang
8. Andrew Norwell
9. Richie Incognito
10. Justin Pugh

One could argue Kyle Long is the best Guard in all of Football. How on earth is he not ahead of Andrew Norwell and Justin Pugh?


What's your argument?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
1. Marshal Yanda
2. Zack Martin
3. Kelechi Osemele
4. David DeCastro
5. Kevin Zeitler
6. Brandon Scherff
7. TJ Lang
8. Andrew Norwell
9. Richie Incognito
10. Justin Pugh

One could argue Kyle Long is the best Guard in all of Football. How on earth is he not ahead of Andrew Norwell and Justin Pugh?


What's your argument?
that he's the 2nd best guard in football
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AkronsWitness


Joined: 17 Jul 2015
Posts: 1662
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
1. Marshal Yanda
2. Zack Martin
3. Kelechi Osemele
4. David DeCastro
5. Kevin Zeitler
6. Brandon Scherff
7. TJ Lang
8. Andrew Norwell
9. Richie Incognito
10. Justin Pugh


Curious why you see Zeitler as that high?

And no, its not because he is in my division because I agree with Yanda being at 1 and at worst top 3. But Zeitler, while good, Im not even sure he is top 10. Its probably close, but I dont think he has an argument being quite that high based on what he has shown. Maybe that will change with the Browns....but right now, Im thinking he is somewhere between 8-12.


I guess it's more about the lack of top shelf guards, than what I think of Zeitler. I think he's a good player tho, really like him in pass pro


In the last 2 seasons combined hes given up 1 sack in pass protection. He was also the stalwart of the Bengals line with Whitworth in the run game for Hill between the tackles.

Not saying hes the best OG in the game. But you could easily make a case for top 4-5 because how well rounded his game is. Not elite at either run blocking or pass blocking to knock guys 5 yards back--but extremely reliable in both aspects.

If you give TJ Lang a grade of 97 in pass pro and 82 in run blocking.
Zeitler is the guy who is 90 in pass pro and 89 in run blocking.

Extremely balanced at both is what Im getting at
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
1. Marshal Yanda
2. Zack Martin
3. Kelechi Osemele
4. David DeCastro
5. Kevin Zeitler
6. Brandon Scherff
7. TJ Lang
8. Andrew Norwell
9. Richie Incognito
10. Justin Pugh

One could argue Kyle Long is the best Guard in all of Football. How on earth is he not ahead of Andrew Norwell and Justin Pugh?


What's your argument?
that he's the 2nd best guard in football


Why is he the 2nd best guard in football? He slipped my mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 1998
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
I would consider Gabe Jackson a top 10 OG, Apparently, according to PFF (I don't consider them an unimpeachable source but interesting nonetheless) he was one of 3 OGs to play over 1000 snaps last year and not concede a single sack ( I think KO and DeCastro were the others), also played well from the old eye test with above average run blocking. Kelechi Osemele was superb last season and simply has to be top 3 even when I take off my Silver and Black tinted glasses Laughing


DeCastro gave up sacks. As good as he was at times, he had a couple really bad games. But I wouldnt be shocked if PFF claimed that. They are terrible at assessing the OLine. I still remember them having Willie Colon as the number 2 rated OT years ago in a year he was average at best.


Fair enough on DeCastro, PFF is interesting but not the be-all-end-all for sure. Gabe Jackson just got paid the third highest $$$ for a guard so he better be in the top 10 now Laughing
_________________
"The fire that burns brightest in the Raiders organization is the will to win."
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group