You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints LT Terron Armstead out 4-6 months (torn labrum)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Saints LT Terron Armstead out 4-6 months (torn labrum) Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport?Verified account @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
More

Sources: #Saints star LT Terron Armstead is scheduled for surgery on Monday to repair a torn labrum. The timetable to return is 4-6 months.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/875762987931508736

remember when the Saints got slammed for picking Ryan Ramczyk at 32 and not someone on defense? that pick is looking smarter by the day
Jeezla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints LT Terron Armstead out 4-6 months (torn labrum) Reply with quote

saintsfan#1 wrote:
More

Sources: #Saints star LT Terron Armstead is scheduled for surgery on Monday to repair a torn labrum. The timetable to return is 4-6 months.

remember when the Saints got slammed for picking Ryan Ramczyk at 32 and not someone on defense? that pick is looking smarter by the day

Not sure why anyone would have slammed the Ramcyzk pick. He was easily my OT #1 and taking him at 32 overall was a nice get for the Saints. Hopefully R2 will be 100% for you guys when the season starts.
As for losing Armstead until mid-October at the earliest...that really sucks. He's basically Jason Peters 2.0.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ryan Ramczyk pick looks smart now to say the least. Laughing
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Saints LT Terron Armstead out 4-6 months (torn labrum) Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
saintsfan#1 wrote:
More

Not sure why anyone would have slammed the Ramcyzk pick. He was easily my OT #1 and taking him at 32 overall was a nice get for the Saints. Hopefully R2 will be 100% for you guys when the season starts.
As for losing Armstead until mid-October at the earliest...that really sucks. He's basically Jason Peters 2.0.

they got slammed because the national media thought NO should pick nothing but defense and he wasn't expected to see the field right away as he's supposed to be the heir apparent to Zach Strief at RT
Jeezla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

It was never dumb! Zach Strief will be 34 in 2 months and it's obvious the Saints want to run the ball better. Now the pick just went from good to great, and I thought it was already a great pick. Sign AP, draft the #1 OT prospect, and draft another potentially really good RB in Kamara. That's how you turn your previously average running game into a strength and extend the shelf life of Drew Brees. A damn shame Armstead tore his labrum. That OL was shaping up to be one of the best AP ever ran behind. Hopefully it still can be come November.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

It was never dumb! Zach Strief will be 34 in 2 months and it's obvious the Saints want to run the ball better. Now the pick just went from good to great, and I thought it was already a great pick. Sign AP, draft the #1 OT prospect, and draft another potentially really good RB in Kamara. That's how you turn your previously average running game into a strength and extend the shelf life of Drew Brees. A damn shame Armstead tore his labrum. That OL was shaping up to be one of the best AP ever ran behind. Hopefully it still can be come November.

even w/o Armstead it's still probably the best o-line AD has ever played behind; assuming Unger is back for the start of the season as is expected
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's rather unfortunate.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan#1 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

even w/o Armstead it's still probably the best o-line AD has ever played behind; assuming Unger is back for the start of the season as is expected

That OL won't be better than some of the ones AD had early. The McKinnie/Hutchinson o-lines.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can peat still play tackle? I'm assuming Strief should be serviceable at the very least and Ramczyk is a rookie so I'm not sure how fast they wanna throw him into the fire, unless he shows out. The depth on the Saints OL is good so they can handle a loss like this temporarily. Still, Armstead is clearly an elite/borderline elite OT so this for sure sucks for Saints fans.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Can peat still play tackle? I'm assuming Strief should be serviceable at the very least and Ramczyk is a rookie so I'm not sure how fast they wanna throw him into the fire, unless he shows out. The depth on the Saints OL is good so they can handle a loss like this temporarily. Still, Armstead is clearly an elite/borderline elite OT so this for sure sucks for Saints fans.

Peat can play LT, but has shown to be getting better by playing at LG
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan#1 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I thought Unger wasn't due back until October?
saintsfan#1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
saintsfan#1 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I thought Unger wasn't due back until October?

before the start of the regular season
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I never thought it was dumb either. The Packers drafted Spriggs last year right in the middle of the 2nd, and they had 2 proven starting tackles under 28, I don't remember a lot of people hating on that. Can never have too many good, young lineman

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Peat will more than likely be filling in for Armstead unless Ramczyk comes out of his shoes and has a huge showing before the start of the season.

Armstead only played in 7 games last year due to injuries. Peat filled in for him at LT during the games missed. While I still think Peat's future in the NFL (at least with the Saints) is at G, he showed a lot of improvement from year 1 to year 2 at LT.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing they have Ramczyk and Peat. I really think Ramczyk is going to be a very good OT.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: