You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Floyd Tests Positive For Alcohol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Also, you don't have to be 21 to purchase kombucha, he could argue a reasonable person wouldn't expect to get intoxicated or have measurable alcohol in his system from something a minor can purchase.

He might have a case.


You do have to be 21 to purchase some kinds of kombucha. There are trace amounts of alcohol in some and up to 2.5% (about half of what beer has) in others. I believe if it is at .5% or more you have to be 21 to purchase. Which kind he had is probably irrelevant since they all contain some amount of alcohol which is at least a trace more than he was supposed to have.
Fair point.

Under the unproven assumption that he bought just a regular kombucha that any minor can buy, he might have a case.

If he bought an alcoholic product that a minor cannot purchase and assumed he'd be OK cause it's not beer, wine or liquor he deserves whatever is coming to him. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
It's an alcoholic beverage, I don't think any excuse is going to help him, it doesn't usually work that way. Read the label. It's been said many many times when consuming products while getting urine tested by your employer. Whether it be a supplement or a food product.

quite possibly your view will prevail. but an interesting wrinkle is that his employer (the Vikings) regularly served the product in their training facility and encouraged their employees to consume it.

see...? that creates an odd circumstance....


It is an interesting note, but it doesn't mean anything. If your employer says it's ok to do something doesn't mean you can do it if the court says no. Ultimately it's on him, not the Vikings.
For the stuff he was drinking at home and he bought, you're totally right.

But had he failed the test off the kombucha he was given by the vikings in the vikings facility, things would be different. Restaurants can and do get in trouble for accidentally serving alcoholic beverages, wether its to kids, pregnant women or maybe people in some sort of situation like Floyd. I'd imagine they have some sort of liability there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 15324
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
It's an alcoholic beverage, I don't think any excuse is going to help him, it doesn't usually work that way. Read the label. It's been said many many times when consuming products while getting urine tested by your employer. Whether it be a supplement or a food product.

quite possibly your view will prevail. but an interesting wrinkle is that his employer (the Vikings) regularly served the product in their training facility and encouraged their employees to consume it.

see...? that creates an odd circumstance....


It really doesn't matter who did or did not encourage him to do it. If my boss tells me to speed to get to work sooner, that's not going to buy me any sympathy from the cop who pulls me over.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
It's an alcoholic beverage, I don't think any excuse is going to help him, it doesn't usually work that way. Read the label. It's been said many many times when consuming products while getting urine tested by your employer. Whether it be a supplement or a food product.

quite possibly your view will prevail. but an interesting wrinkle is that his employer (the Vikings) regularly served the product in their training facility and encouraged their employees to consume it.

see...? that creates an odd circumstance....


It really doesn't matter who did or did not encourage him to do it. If my boss tells me to speed to get to work sooner, that's not going to buy me any sympathy from the cop who pulls me over.


It would if the cop that pulled you over was your co-worker.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TXsteeler


Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 2514
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
His BAC was .217, and he was driving. He's lucky he wasn't in jail for a very long time.


Holy moly. That's a lotta booze.


Does this mean that his blood was 21.2% alcohol?

Like if you drank his blood it would be harder than most wines and beers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
His BAC was .217, and he was driving. He's lucky he wasn't in jail for a very long time.


Holy moly. That's a lotta booze.


Does this mean that his blood was 21.2% alcohol?

Like if you drank his blood it would be harder than most wines and beers?
That doesn't sound right at all. Almost a quarter alcohol? I think .21% is more likely, but I'm just guessing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 37096
Location: Vancouver, Washington
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
His BAC was .217, and he was driving. He's lucky he wasn't in jail for a very long time.


Holy moly. That's a lotta booze.


Does this mean that his blood was 21.2% alcohol?

Like if you drank his blood it would be harder than most wines and beers?
That doesn't sound right at all. Almost a quarter alcohol? I think .21% is more likely, but I'm just guessing.


hehe yeah, it is .21% or .0021. You'd be long dead before it reached 1%. You could still get drunk off of his blood but you'd have to add vodka and make it a bloody mary... or Michael.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
domepatrol91


Moderator
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 7929
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy in Portland got arrested for driving at .57

http://katu.com/news/local/police-man-arrested-for-driving-with-0573-blood-alcohol-content-in-ne-portland

Ultra-extreme-DUI-XXL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 37096
Location: Vancouver, Washington
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Guy in Portland got arrested for driving at .57

http://katu.com/news/local/police-man-arrested-for-driving-with-0573-blood-alcohol-content-in-ne-portland

Ultra-extreme-DUI-XXL


Arrest for being to American if you ask me.

If you make to .5. You deserve a ride home in a Trans Am and some birthday cake ice cream like a boss.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TXsteeler


Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 2514
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
His BAC was .217, and he was driving. He's lucky he wasn't in jail for a very long time.


Holy moly. That's a lotta booze.


Does this mean that his blood was 21.2% alcohol?

Like if you drank his blood it would be harder than most wines and beers?
That doesn't sound right at all. Almost a quarter alcohol? I think .21% is more likely, but I'm just guessing.


hehe yeah, it is .21% or .0021. You'd be long dead before it reached 1%. You could still get drunk off of his blood but you'd have to add vodka and make it a bloody mary... or Michael.


I guess I'm used to most percentages like that based off of 1 = 100% but I guess nobodies BAC can ever get that high so they just use weird numbers to make it easier to say out loud rather than .0021 all the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 17991
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd only got one day in jail for this incident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/26/huge-win-for-michael-floyd/

I find it hard to imagine what good one day does. Have to think this is a case of special treatment with his original BAC being so high and getting let off with house arrest and then now this resulting in a one day slap on the hand.
_________________

El ramster on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SammyBradwater


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 387
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Floyd only got one day in jail for this incident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/26/huge-win-for-michael-floyd/

I find it hard to imagine what good one day does. Have to think this is a case of special treatment with his original BAC being so high and getting let off with house arrest and then now this resulting in a one day slap on the hand.


This combined with this report also makes it seem very unlikely he'll be disciplined by the Vikings: http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/24/vikings-to-judge-we-encouraged-michael-floyd-to-drink-kombucha-tea/

Apparently the Vikings are 100% backing the kombucha claim, and they were encouraging him to drink a lot of it. A forensic pathologist hired by Floyd claims that he failed to refrigerate when he took it home, which resulted in the higher alcohol amount.

All this combined is actually almost starting to make me wonder if he told the truth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 43935
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having to serve hard jail time should be a lesson to the youth in our nation that drinking and driving is unacceptable, and so is breaking the terms of your parole.
_________________

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shanedorf


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 1583
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the vikings gave alcohol to an alcoholic... and encouraged him to drink lots of it. That's just effing brilliant on every level
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group