You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Floyd Tests Positive For Alcohol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Also, you don't have to be 21 to purchase kombucha, he could argue a reasonable person wouldn't expect to get intoxicated or have measurable alcohol in his system from something a minor can purchase.

He might have a case.

You do have to be 21 to purchase some kinds of kombucha. There are trace amounts of alcohol in some and up to 2.5% (about half of what beer has) in others. I believe if it is at .5% or more you have to be 21 to purchase. Which kind he had is probably irrelevant since they all contain some amount of alcohol which is at least a trace more than he was supposed to have.
Fair point.

Under the unproven assumption that he bought just a regular kombucha that any minor can buy, he might have a case.

If he bought an alcoholic product that a minor cannot purchase and assumed he'd be OK cause it's not beer, wine or liquor he deserves whatever is coming to him. Laughing
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
It's an alcoholic beverage, I don't think any excuse is going to help him, it doesn't usually work that way. Read the label. It's been said many many times when consuming products while getting urine tested by your employer. Whether it be a supplement or a food product.

quite possibly your view will prevail. but an interesting wrinkle is that his employer (the Vikings) regularly served the product in their training facility and encouraged their employees to consume it.

see...? that creates an odd circumstance....

It is an interesting note, but it doesn't mean anything. If your employer says it's ok to do something doesn't mean you can do it if the court says no. Ultimately it's on him, not the Vikings.
For the stuff he was drinking at home and he bought, you're totally right.

But had he failed the test off the kombucha he was given by the vikings in the vikings facility, things would be different. Restaurants can and do get in trouble for accidentally serving alcoholic beverages, wether its to kids, pregnant women or maybe people in some sort of situation like Floyd. I'd imagine they have some sort of liability there.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
It's an alcoholic beverage, I don't think any excuse is going to help him, it doesn't usually work that way. Read the label. It's been said many many times when consuming products while getting urine tested by your employer. Whether it be a supplement or a food product.

quite possibly your view will prevail. but an interesting wrinkle is that his employer (the Vikings) regularly served the product in their training facility and encouraged their employees to consume it.

It really doesn't matter who did or did not encourage him to do it. If my boss tells me to speed to get to work sooner, that's not going to buy me any sympathy from the cop who pulls me over.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

It really doesn't matter who did or did not encourage him to do it. If my boss tells me to speed to get to work sooner, that's not going to buy me any sympathy from the cop who pulls me over.

It would if the cop that pulled you over was your co-worker.
TXsteeler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
His BAC was .217, and he was driving. He's lucky he wasn't in jail for a very long time.

Holy moly. That's a lotta booze.

Does this mean that his blood was 21.2% alcohol?

Like if you drank his blood it would be harder than most wines and beers?
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
His BAC was .217, and he was driving. He's lucky he wasn't in jail for a very long time.

That doesn't sound right at all. Almost a quarter alcohol? I think .21% is more likely, but I'm just guessing.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

That doesn't sound right at all. Almost a quarter alcohol? I think .21% is more likely, but I'm just guessing.

hehe yeah, it is .21% or .0021. You'd be long dead before it reached 1%. You could still get drunk off of his blood but you'd have to add vodka and make it a bloody mary... or Michael.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy in Portland got arrested for driving at .57

http://katu.com/news/local/police-man-arrested-for-driving-with-0573-blood-alcohol-content-in-ne-portland

Ultra-extreme-DUI-XXL
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Guy in Portland got arrested for driving at .57

http://katu.com/news/local/police-man-arrested-for-driving-with-0573-blood-alcohol-content-in-ne-portland

Ultra-extreme-DUI-XXL

Arrest for being to American if you ask me.

If you make to .5. You deserve a ride home in a Trans Am and some birthday cake ice cream like a boss.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
TXsteeler wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

hehe yeah, it is .21% or .0021. You'd be long dead before it reached 1%. You could still get drunk off of his blood but you'd have to add vodka and make it a bloody mary... or Michael.

I guess I'm used to most percentages like that based off of 1 = 100% but I guess nobodies BAC can ever get that high so they just use weird numbers to make it easier to say out loud rather than .0021 all the time.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd only got one day in jail for this incident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/26/huge-win-for-michael-floyd/

I find it hard to imagine what good one day does. Have to think this is a case of special treatment with his original BAC being so high and getting let off with house arrest and then now this resulting in a one day slap on the hand.

El ramster on the custom sig!
SammyBradwater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Floyd only got one day in jail for this incident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/26/huge-win-for-michael-floyd/

I find it hard to imagine what good one day does. Have to think this is a case of special treatment with his original BAC being so high and getting let off with house arrest and then now this resulting in a one day slap on the hand.

This combined with this report also makes it seem very unlikely he'll be disciplined by the Vikings: http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/24/vikings-to-judge-we-encouraged-michael-floyd-to-drink-kombucha-tea/

Apparently the Vikings are 100% backing the kombucha claim, and they were encouraging him to drink a lot of it. A forensic pathologist hired by Floyd claims that he failed to refrigerate when he took it home, which resulted in the higher alcohol amount.

All this combined is actually almost starting to make me wonder if he told the truth.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having to serve hard jail time should be a lesson to the youth in our nation that drinking and driving is unacceptable, and so is breaking the terms of your parole.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the vikings gave alcohol to an alcoholic... and encouraged him to drink lots of it. That's just effing brilliant on every level

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: