Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Michael Floyd Tests Positive For Alcohol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DutchFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
You do have to be 21 to purchase some kinds of kombucha. There are trace amounts of alcohol in some and up to 2.5% (about half of what beer has) in others. I believe if it is at .5% or more you have to be 21 to purchase. Which kind he had is probably irrelevant since they all contain some amount of alcohol which is at least a trace more than he was supposed to have.

At 2.5% how many liters (or gallons I guess) do you have to drink to get drunk? Especially as a athlete that should be in serious shape.

Sure he could have been pulled over for other reasons but shouldn't a cop suspect something before he does an alcohol test?

Bednarik60 wrote:
If your a white European who's a veteran drinker .30 aint no thing.

Thats just racist brah.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DutchFalcon wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
You do have to be 21 to purchase some kinds of kombucha. There are trace amounts of alcohol in some and up to 2.5% (about half of what beer has) in others. I believe if it is at .5% or more you have to be 21 to purchase. Which kind he had is probably irrelevant since they all contain some amount of alcohol which is at least a trace more than he was supposed to have.

At 2.5% how many liters (or gallons I guess) do you have to drink to get drunk? Especially as a athlete that should be in serious shape.

Sure he could have been pulled over for other reasons but shouldn't a cop suspect something before he does an alcohol test?

Bednarik60 wrote:

Thats just racist brah.

http://www.schiesshouse.com/your_blood_alcohol_level.htm

Depends on how long he had been drinking. He probably killed a couple bottles so a little less than a half gallon would be my guess. If we're talking beer it was probably close to 30 over a period of a few hours unless he just drank a 12 pack in an hour and went driving.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DutchFalcon wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Thats just racist brah.

From ancient antiquity to the early 1900s most Europeans were drunk/drinking morning, day and night.

So you take some one with that DNA and they get some serious time drinking/practicing , they can hang in the .4's all day.

I know from first hand experiments, im Italian, French and Irish Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Depends on how long he had been drinking. He probably killed a couple bottles so a little less than a half gallon would be my guess. If we're talking beer it was probably close to 30 over a period of a few hours unless he just drank a 12 pack in an hour and went driving.

They key to hitting those high blood alcohol numbers is when a alcoholic wakes up buzzed like right when they wake up they are already at .8-.12 blood alcohol level but there refreshed from the sleep, so they start drinking again on top of that buzz and keep that blood alcohol sky rocketing until there next pass out and repeat... So you can quickly get to .35-45 pretty easy if your doing it like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
DutchFalcon wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Thats just racist brah.

From ancient antiquity to the early 1900s most Europeans were drunk/drinking morning, day and night.

So you take some one with that DNA and they get some serious time drinking/practicing , they can hang in the .4's all day.

I know from first hand experiments, im Italian, French and Irish Laughing

As you might be able to tell from my username I'm European myself. Hence I spend most of my time drunk and therefore struggling to make any coherent posts on this website.

Seriously though. In my experience there are a lot of factors that contribute to how drunk you feel. Full stomach, experience, size and physical shape seem to have a pretty big influence. I could see how someone who is an experienced drinker, just stuffed himself on steaks (cuz lol millionaire), is in prime physical shape and is of decent size wouldn't feel 20 beers as hardly buzzed while he could be technically be hitting .4 at that point.

Not to excuse anyone that decides that getting behind the wheel after drinking. Even if you think you don't feel anything you still shouldn't drive after more then 1 beer.
TXsteeler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Having to serve hard jail time should be a lesson to the youth in our nation that drinking and driving is unacceptable, and so is breaking the terms of your parole.

Seriously, this is the guys 3rd DUI right? Should be like 10 years minimum tbh.
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Having to serve hard jail time should be a lesson to the youth in our nation that drinking and driving is unacceptable, and so is breaking the terms of your parole.

3-10 years for the dude who has a crap lawyer, 1 day in jail for the dude who violates his parole after his 3rd DUI and has a really good lawyer paid for by an NFL franchise (I assume so anyway)

Michael Floyd is an idiot for sure though.

Long live Phillip Rivers and his constant carrying of this god awful team.

Also go (South Carolina) Charleston Dingoes. Looking for a co-owner for a fantasy team so PM me please.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TXsteeler wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

I read all the time in the news about drunk people crossing lanes hitting cars in the opposing lanes, terrifying.

DUI's really aren't taking that serious at all either. Like you could get in a bar fight and punch some one and do a few years for giving some a black eye, but you could potentially kill multiple people drunk behind a wheel but they will give you a 500-1,000 dollar fine and 20 hours community service, when you were one of the most dangerous of all the criminals out there on a Friday-Saturday night. Frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly , one day in jail is pretty damn lenient. he got off easy

Nacho Simulation Football League
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
but you could potentially kill multiple people drunk behind a wheel but they will give you a 500-1,000 dollar fine and 20 hours community service, when you were one of the most dangerous of all the criminals out there on a Friday-Saturday night. Frustrating.

would really appreciate a source on this.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
but you could potentially kill multiple people drunk behind a wheel but they will give you a 500-1,000 dollar fine and 20 hours community service, when you were one of the most dangerous of all the criminals out there on a Friday-Saturday night. Frustrating.

Well i have had friends who have gotten DUIs and never did a day of jail. And apparently i live in one of the tougher states on DUI's(Washington). Its its a misdemeanor in most cases in almost every state.

Quote:
Bargaining

It's possible that you or your attorney can negotiate for an alternative to jail time -- typically community service. For example, California has a 48 mandatory minimum jail sentence, it can be converted to community service.

In Connecticut, the mandatory minimum 48 hours in jail can be negotiated to 100 hours of community service in some cases.

In Ohio, the 3 day minimum jail time for a first DUI can be waived in favor or attendance at a driver intervention program that is combined with a period of probation.

An attorney will know the law in your state, and will know how to negotiate the best possible outcome for your situation.

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/can-i-jail-time-misdemeanor-dui-conviction.htm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Well i have had friends who have gotten DUIs and never did a day of jail. And apparently i live in one of the tougher states on DUI's(Washington). Its its a misdemeanor in most cases in almost every state.

Quote:
Bargaining

It's possible that you or your attorney can negotiate for an alternative to jail time -- typically community service. For example, California has a 48 mandatory minimum jail sentence, it can be converted to community service.

In Connecticut, the mandatory minimum 48 hours in jail can be negotiated to 100 hours of community service in some cases.

In Ohio, the 3 day minimum jail time for a first DUI can be waived in favor or attendance at a driver intervention program that is combined with a period of probation.

An attorney will know the law in your state, and will know how to negotiate the best possible outcome for your situation.

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/can-i-jail-time-misdemeanor-dui-conviction.htm

i meant the killing multiple people and getting a slap on the wrist/$500 fine lol. seems like a massive overstatement.

still, it's a big problem

Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Quote:
Bargaining

i meant the killing multiple people and getting a slap on the wrist/$500 fine lol. seems like a massive overstatement.

still, it's a big problem

It isn't just a $500 fine but...

Quote:

Stallworth admitted to drinking the night prior to the accident. According to early reports Stallworth was legally drunk and was reportedly under the influence of marijuana at the time of the accident. News sources reported that his blood alcohol content was 0.12, over the nationwide legal limit of 0.08.
Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter on April 1, 2009; he surrendered to police on April 2, 2009, and was released on $200,000 bail. As a result of a plea deal, he received a sentence of 30 days in the county jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, 2 years of community control, and 8 years' probation. He has also received a life-time suspension of his Florida state driver's license. On July 10, 2009, Stallworth was released from county jail after serving 24 days of a 30-day sentence.

...still pretty weak for being high, drunk and reportedly flashing your brights to warn a pedestrian to get out of the way on a freeway before striking and killing him. Hopefully this at least serves as a lesson to others than there may be better alternatives to avoiding pedestrians crossing the street than flashing your brights. Studies have shown that applying pressure to the brake pedal is the better method. Adjusting the volume of the radio was tested but its results were pretty equal to flashing your brights which naturally causes many species to freeze and try to evaluate the source and reason for the bright light. The changing of the radio volume does not distract in the same way but is unlikely to give a subtle warning either.
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My coworker has 6 DUIs, all in the same state. He did a grand total of 45 days behind bars.

Floyds punishment doesn't seem too far off from that, sometimes regular guys get let off the hook pretty easy too.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
My coworker has 6 DUIs, all in the same state. He did a grand total of 45 days behind bars.

Floyds punishment doesn't seem too far off from that, sometimes regular guys get let off the hook pretty easy too.

Just nuts. Probably still has a license too.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: