FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Things I Think Will Happen
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Things I Think Will Happen Reply with quote

1. I think that Glennon is going to struggle to keep Trubisky on the bench and will not make it past the bye week.

It sounds like Trubisky is already growing at a more rapid rate and his physical tools are just too much more superior to Glennon.

2. I think this is the last that we hear from Kevin White.

Nothing is working in his favor from the missed time, when he was raw already, to the injuries. I think by mid season we will no longer be waiting and worried about what he will do.

3. I think Shaheen will continue the streak of really good 2nd round picks.

Rookie TEs do not often put up huge stats, but I think he will show to be a building block type player. I know the pads are not on, but apparently he has not dropped a pass and even Freeman was really impressed.

4. I think that the defense is going to be good, probably back end of the top 10 good.

I think the Bears will start the season with 4 new starters in the secondary and while they are not stars, they are all much better than the guys they replaced. Add in better health at OLB and Jaye Howard and I think the defense will be tough.

5. I think Floyd is about to go bananas.

His season last year was really good even with missed time. I went back and rewatched his sacks and some of his good rushes and he was a completely different player by the end of the season. Way better body movement and hand use. I also look at the best pass rushers and a lot of them are exceptional because QBs cannot escape him once he is free.
Nads786

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I think that Glennon is going to struggle to keep Trubisky on the bench and will not make it past the bye week.

- I'm going to disagree on this one. I think Glennon will do what is expected, however, the team will not be winning a ton of games so that pressure will put eyes on Trubisky. I still don't see him starting any games this year.

2. I think this is the last that we hear from Kevin White.

- I agree here, I don't see him developing into anything significant. I think he will stay healthy but probably still miss a couple games. His stats will be solid just nothing special.

3. I think Shaheen will continue the streak of really good 2nd round picks.

-Based on what the beat writers are saying I would agree with this one. It seems like he is out jumping and flat out beating defenders. I can see him turning it on during the second half of the season and being a big red zone threat.

4. I think that the defense is going to be good, probably back end of the top 10 good.

- I will disagree with this. I see them not being able to get to the passer consistently enough and I still see big play break downs. Top 15 with another year of poor turnover production.

5. I think Floyd is about to go bananas.

-I'm completely bias on this one because I love Floyd. I think he will have a big jump in terms of production but I still consider him an injury prone player. I could see him play 13 games next year and put up 13 sacks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears were 12th in sacks last year with no secondary.

Now they have a professional secondary and the OLBs looks healthy.

I don't see pressure being an issue.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans will be calling for Trubisky the first time Glennon has a 2 INT game. And not because Trubisky was the #2 pick, but because he hasn't made a mistake yet.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Fans will be calling for Trubisky the first time Glennon has a 2 INT game. And not because Trubisky was the #2 pick, but because he hasn't made a mistake yet.

Also because given where he was drafted he should be good, and Glennon isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Also because given where he was drafted he should be good, and Glennon isn't.

And they might fully believe in letting him take his lumps in a season where expectations are already very low.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

I don't think those numbers really indicate what was going on. I saw the Bears pass rush as feast and famine. They were rarely consistent in generating pressure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

12th in sacks?! I would have have guessed something like 27th.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie Young had 7.5 sacks?! When was this? I don't even believe that.
dll2000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on reports from camps and on paper potential all of which doesn't mean much:

Positive - Defense has depth to survive a few injuries and should be much better overall.

Offensive running game should be as good or better than last year. Receivers/TEs should be much better/healthier as a group. Line should be good overall. Division isn't that great.

Negative: QB is a huge question mark and reports are that Glennon has not looked good so far in shorts and a t shirt. He is veteran, but offense is foreign to him too and he has said as much. They have to develop him and high rookie pick at same time and time is finite. Offensive tackle depth is non existent. Longs injuries are cumulative and piling up.

OLB are deep and good, but all are injury prone. Major injury to our best ILB probably means he isn't right this year. DBs are largely journeymen on short contracts. Decent, but journeymen all the same.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Bear Report podcast Jeremy Stoltz really rips Glennon for his mini camp performance.

Says he has looked bad and worse than Trubisky.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
On the Bear Report podcast Jeremy Stoltz really rips Glennon for his mini camp performance.

I don't know how much I buy into what beat writers have to say during the offseason.

Reference: the Jeff Dickerson "Beekman is better than Omiyale" fiasco of 2009 camp that everybody toted around as gospel for months.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I don't know how much I buy into what beat writers have to say during the offseason.

Reference: the Jeff Dickerson "Beekman is better than Omiyale" fiasco of 2009 camp that everybody toted around as gospel for months.

Beekman was better than Omiyale.

Omiyale may have been the worst OLmen I have ever seen play in the NFL.

I think the fact that Glennon is chucking picks in 7 on 7 as Stoltz reported is a concern. That is a session where you should really tear it up as a QB.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with pretty much most of this:

1. As for Glennon, we simply overpaid....dont know why people went crazy and started calling him the franchise....the Bears just paid a little extra to make sure we got a decent stop gap. Trubisky will se the field if Glennon is slow to start.

2. Kevin White I have no faith in...he already was a one year wonder at WV, just had a ton of tools. If the tools are damaged Im not really sure what he's bringing to the table.

3. Im not super into Shaheen but hey, lets hope so....I just think when the pads come on its a WHOLE different game than at Ashland. Now he is kind of safe to just be big and fast....really want to see what he looks like taking NFL hits over the middle.

4. Im a HUGE fan of the defense...I was even last year haha.....Like to me this unit looks almost loaded. Really the only question mark is the other S spot and if Cooper can be a starter....LB and the DL are deep.

5. See above....Hopefully McPhee can stay healthy, if not him, Young will be on the other side....either way Floyd finna get his numbers

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
51to54

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Beekman was better than Omiyale.

Omiyale may have been the worst OLmen I have ever seen play in the NFL.

I think the fact that Glennon is chucking picks in 7 on 7 as Stoltz reported is a concern. That is a session where you should really tear it up as a QB.

Yes! Super star performance in camp often times will not translate into real games. Conversely, bad performance in camp is a really bad sign.
And it's not like it's a Dline or RB where it's hard to judge how well the guy will look when the pads are all on and the games count. QB performance involves vision and throwing which are much easier to evaluate without pads.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: