You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Break out players for the Redskins

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's the breakout player of the year?
Terrelle Pryor
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Samaje Perine
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Josh Doctson
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Jonathan Allen
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Junior Galette
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bashad Breeland
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sua Cravens
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
DJ Swearinger
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: 2017 Break out players for the Redskins Reply with quote

So I was thinking we could do our annual projections on which young players we think will break out this season. Here are some guys that I've come up with and you call can add your own:

1. Terrelle Pryor: There's no doubt in my mind that this guy is going to put up some pro bowl caliber numbers with Kirk Cousins throwing him the ball.

It wouldn't shock me to see him catch 80 or more passes, 1200 or more yards and 10 or more TDs this season.

2. Samaje Perine: I think if Perine gets the carries that he'll prove to be our best running back. He's the running back that McCloughan and all of us wanted Matt Jones to be but he's never developed into. If Perine gets the carries I think he'll put up Alfred Morris type numbers from 2014 at worst.

It wouldn't shock me if he goes over 1,000 yards and has around 10 TDs rushing.

3. Josh Doctson: I know it's crazy to say this, but given his size and athletic ability I think Doctson can be a better version of Pierre Garçon for us this year. It wouldn't shock me to see Doctson have near as many receptions and yards as Garçon had last year but to deliver more TDs.

At or over 70 recs, near or over 1,000 yards and 5 or more TDs

4. Josh Allen: Steal of the draft! It wouldn't shock me at all to see Allen be a dominant pass rusher for us and to play like Leonard Williams has played for the Jets.

65 tackles and 7 sacks

6. Junior Galette: I don't know why and I know it's crazy but I really just think he's going to have a great season and push to be considered as a comeback player of the year in the entire NFL.

I'm serious when I say this, it wouldn't shock me if he's better than Ryan Kerrigan this year and gets 50 or more tackles and 12 or more sacks.

7. Bashad Breeland: I think he's going to bounce back after an up and down 2016 to have a great 2017 season and perform how we all thought he would in 2016.

Wouldn't shock me to see him have 80 or more tackles and 4 or 5 ints.

8. Sua Cravens: This is my man! And I'm so happy they moved him to safety right away this offseason. I still wish they had done this last May, what a wasted year of development at safety for him. It still makes me salty that he didn't play safety all year last year and we trotted out guys like Donte Whitner instead. It really didn't make sense and frankly it really stunted his development. If Cravens had played safety all last year, by now he would be comfortable in the position and in his reads and keys and we wouldn't have to worry about his development this season and if he's going to make mistakes. He totally could have gotten most of that out of his system last year if he played safety instead of JUST dime ILB.

It wouldn't shock me to see Cravens get 90 tackles, 8 passes defensed, 2 sacks, 4 ints and 2 forced fumbles or more.

9. DJ Swearinger: I really think he broke out for the Cardinals last year but he only started to scratch the surface of his potential.

Wouldn't surprise me if he got 80 tackles, 10 passes defensed, 2 sacks, 4 ints and 2 forced fumbles or more.

I have a feeling with the additions of Allen, Zach Brown and our safeties that this defense is going to be a whole lot faster, more physical and make a lot more plays and shock some people.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man if all those players breakout, we're looking at 13-3 and a Super Bowl run. WOOOOO!

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Man if all those players breakout, we're looking at 13-3 and a Super Bowl run. WOOOOO!
Not necessarily 13-3 but definitely double digit wins and the playoffs. Even if these players play up to their potential and the guys we already have who are stars play like they always do I think we'll still have a tough time beating the Seahawks, Falcons and Packers in the playoffs but I certainty believe we can be the best team in the NFCE this season. I think once again the Cowboys are being overhyped. I think their defense is going to be atrocious this year.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's Josh Allen?

I think Pryor and Swearinger will be the breakout players on offense and defense this year.

mike23md on the sig
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if Galette even makes the 53 man roster.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
mar29020

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you end the poll after two votes Surprised
mar29020

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we are under-selling pryor. he was great last year on the BROWNS!!! imagine what he will do with kirk
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Who's Josh Allen?

I think Pryor and Swearinger will be the breakout players on offense and defense this year.
Laughing My bad. Is that the Wyoming qb? That must be why I put it. I have been writing his name often and autocorrect got me! Twisted Evil

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Who's Josh Allen?

Crap, I must have hit something. I'll see if I can fix it. I don't want the poll to end.

Crap I can't, maybe a mod can undo that. I have no clue what I did.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, it's cool man. Was just giving you a hard time. Pretty sure everyone knows you meant Jonathan Allen.

mike23md on the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Haha, it's cool man. Was just giving you a hard time. Pretty sure everyone knows you meant Jonathan Allen.
I knew you were

turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/Auh9DLOefBs

Johnathan Allen film Breakdown

TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me its the D and its not the players so much as its the coaches. The DB coach, the D-line coach and the D coordinator. Barry for me was one of the worse coaches we have ever had and the DB Fewell might just have been one of the worse in the history of the league, hell from reports players were mostly confused with his BS instructions. So if these 3 guys can change all that I think we have the players to be at least top 15 D which IMO would put us in the race for the NFC East title.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
for me its the D and its not the players so much as its the coaches. The DB coach, the D-line coach and the D coordinator. Barry for me was one of the worse coaches we have ever had and the DB Fewell might just have been one of the worse in the history of the league, hell from reports players were mostly confused with his BS instructions. So if these 3 guys can change all that I think we have the players to be at least top 15 D which IMO would put us in the race for the NFC East title.
I think a major problem with our defense under Barry and Fewell was they tried to make things complicated to confuse offenses but because we had so many inexperienced players or corners transitioning to safety people got confused and blew assignments. Our defense should have been better if we had just kept it simple like the Seahawks do in the secondary in particular but that wasn't going to change the fact that we didn't have a great run defender on our DL, our starting ILBs were below average, our safeties were again the worst in the league and outside of Norman and Toler our corners were extremely young and it showed on the back end. In a lot of ways, other than the lack of a dominant run defender or ILB you can chalk most of our defensive issues up to inexperience - this was an issue under Haz too - and when that happens, the best thing to do is to dumb it down for your inexperienced guys in the secondary. Still, and even if they did that it still wasn't going to change the fact that the DL had been a glaring weakness since 2012 and outside of 2014 it wasn't addressed wel enough in free agency or the draft. Finally, hopefully, they seemed to have addressed it enough to make it average this offseason, we'll see what happens.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: