You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Acquire Greg Robinson, Sign Cyrus Kouandjio
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:
Most damning story about ex-Rams, new-Lions OT Greg Robinson is that he spent more time learning rap lyrics than studying pass protections.

https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/875353132573896705
Greg Robinson made the choice to go work with LeCharles Bentley to improve himself and flew to Detroit from Los Angeles at 10:30pm last night to be at practice this morning. I'm not concerned about his work ethic or commitment. It's not uncommon for coaches to criticize a players commitment when in reality they just failed to properly coach that player and want to make the player look bad so they look good.

I defended Robinson for years, but I'm not sure about his commitment. Yes, he went and worked with Bentley, but he also showed up to OTAs out of shape later that off-season.

I hope he has more success for y'all than us. I do think Boudreau's coaching and scheme are factors in him not panning out. However, we brought in Kromer, who is known for doing great work with guys like Greg, and Greg still lost his job. Kromer didn't think he was intelligent enough to play inside, and Greg lost his RT job to Jamon Brown, who has solely played OG prior to this year.

It was time for us to move on. Y'all might have more success. Sometimes, a change of scenery is necessary. It does seem like it wasn't working for Greg anymore with the Rams. He's one of those guys who showed flashes of ability, but he couldn't put it together with consistency. He could give you 15 great snaps in a row and then whiff in an embarrassing fashion on the 16th snap.

Last year, neither he nor the rest of the OL seemed to have any idea what they were doing. Him and Saffold were total disasters when opposing teams ran games up front. The entire OL was out of sorts and seemed to have no idea what their assignments were in the scheme.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: