You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Trade for Greg Robinson and signed another OT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Why not. I don't see any risk there. Worst case scenario, they're cut 2 months from now and the Lions lose a 6th (big deal!).

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. So yes, losing a 6th is a big deal.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Crickett

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So four questions:
1. Does this mean Rob Havenstein will remain at right tackle?
2. Have the Rams learned not go with "upside" over technical proficiency when drafting offensive tackles #2 overall?
3. Despite adding Andrew Whitworth, is the Rams offensive line going to be as bad as they look on paper?
4. Can Greg Robinson beat out Cyrus Kouandijo?

I expect the answer for that last question to be no meaning Robinson would be the backup guard or backup right tackle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

havenstein plays rg. jamon brown is our rt right now.

whitworth and sullivan are a huge upgrades over robinson and barnes.
KManX89

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Why not. I don't see any risk there. Worst case scenario, they're cut 2 months from now and the Lions lose a 6th (big deal!).

Just because you CAN find a future HOFer in the 6th doesn't mean you will. In fact, odds are you won't.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Man, the Rams really butchered the RG3 trade. Only Alec Olgetree and Michael Brockers remains on the team from all those picks.

The skins butchered the picks from Ricky Williams. The Browns butchered all the picks from the Eagles. Maybe it doesn't matter how many picks you have if you suck at drafting. Or maybe teams waste them when they have extra picks. That's what the Browns seem to do at least.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:
Man, the Rams really butchered the RG3 trade. Only Alec Olgetree and Michael Brockers remains on the team from all those picks.

The skins butchered the picks from Ricky Williams. The Browns butchered all the picks from the Eagles. Maybe it doesn't matter how many picks you have if you suck at drafting. Or maybe teams waste them when they have extra picks. That's what the Browns seem to do at least.

That trade still hurts huh.

The reality is the value of the trade for the Browns hasn't been determined yet, we will know in 2018 more than we do now, and then in 2019 and 2020 and possibly all the way out until 2037.

People are still refelcting on the value of the Hershell walker trade, it is possible it will be of a similair value to the Browns in the future, but also we could completely bust out, or more likely some middle ground.

But lets just chill till then.
ctp2124

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
So four questions:
1. Does this mean Rob Havenstein will remain at right tackle?
2. Have the Rams learned not go with "upside" over technical proficiency when drafting offensive tackles #2 overall?
3. Despite adding Andrew Whitworth, is the Rams offensive line going to be as bad as they look on paper?
4. Can Greg Robinson beat out Cyrus Kouandijo?

I expect the answer for that last question to be no meaning Robinson would be the backup guard or backup right tackle.

1. No. He will be RG. Jamon Brown is currently slotted at starting RT.
2. I mean, I would hope they wouldn't blindly write off anyone and take every player on a case by case basis instead of saying that a very athletic/strong/powerful line prospect should be passed on because he has similarities with prior busts. Greg could have been great. He still could be great but at this point it won't be with us. Had the Rams decided to forgo drafting 1st round DTs because of all our busts before we wouldn't have Donald.
3. I mean, it's certainly not a strength but we upgraded our LT tremendously. Center should be upgraded. Havenstein will be better than what we had last year at RG and Saffold hopefully doesn't regress. We have no depth but this is looking like our best line in years which is still certainly in the bottom third of units in the league.
4. I still believe in GRob so I say yes.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
Robinson was a bust at #2 overall. Got beat out in OTA's for RT. I'm not a fan of dumping him for a 6th rounder when we could have turned him into a G. My guess is he could be a starter in this league at G, but not tackle. Nice move by Detroit though.

The coaching staff didn't think he was intelligent enough to play OG.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

The Browns butchered all of the picks from the Wentz trade? They still get a 1st (Houston's from trading down from the Eagles pick this year) and a 2nd (from the Eagles) in 2018 from that trade, they couldn't have butchered all of the picks already.

That is ignoring the fact they got Peppers and Kizer this year and Corey Coleman and Kessler (who was statistically better than Werntz) last year. It also allowed them to swap a pick to trade for Jamar Taylor. Also Shon Coleman who will probably be the starting RT, a couple WR for depth (Ricardo Louis may be the #3) and Kindred who looked like a borderline starter and Drango.

I'd do that trade again in a heartbeat if the choice was Wentz or all of those players and a 1st and 2nd next year.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Just because you CAN find a future HOFer in the 6th doesn't mean you will. In fact, odds are you won't.

Yes, but it's pretty darn hard to find a future HOF'er in the 6th if you don't have a 6th. And, conversely, a shade easier to do it when you have two 6th's. Wink

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
patsfan25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Robinson the biggest bust in history for an OL? His prospect hype was out of this world. There wasn't a more sure thing and people were locking him up a HOF career as a draft prospect....

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

Its always comical when people bring up Tom Brady and Antonio Brown when citing why teams shouldnt trade 6th rounders. 75% of 6th rounders are out of the league within 2 years, and another 15% are career backups at best....but because a few good players came from that round here and there, that means its supposedly a huge mistake to pass up on that 1/1000th of a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Is Robinson the biggest bust in history for an OL? His prospect hype was out of this world. There wasn't a more sure thing and people were locking him up a HOF career as a draft prospect....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:

Mandarich aside, I don't think Robinson is even the biggest draft bust for the Rams in the last decade. Jason Smith, picked also at number 2 overall just five years prior, was even worse.

Moral of the story is to not pick an OT at 2nd overall.. Especially if you're the Rams. Greg Robinson, Luke Joeckel, Jason Smith, Robert Gallery, Tony Mandarich... all overhyped OT prospects picked 2nd overall and marked by pundits as "the safest pick in the draft".

Nacho Simulation Football League
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

Mandarich aside, I don't think Robinson is even the biggest draft bust for the Rams in the last decade. Jason Smith, picked also at number 2 overall just five years prior, was even worse.

Moral of the story is to not pick an OT at 2nd overall.. Especially if you're the Rams. Greg Robinson, Luke Joeckel, Jason Smith, Robert Gallery, Tony Mandarich... all overhyped OT prospects picked 2nd overall and marked by pundits as "the safest pick in the draft".

On that point, wasn't Orlando Pace (a Ram) the #2 pick?

EDIT - nevermind, he went #1.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: