Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Trade for Greg Robinson and signed another OT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Honestly I think Kouandijo is more likely to have a positive impact. He played well last season when given a chance at LT. He had some weird thing with the police this offseason but I was still surprised he got cut, definitely a decent backup option at LT. His knees are messed up so he can't play RT near as well so it hurts his versatility but he should still be a good pick up.

If Kouandijo's health allows him to play, I would say the same thing.

I really don't get what happened with Robinson. I mean, I just wouldn't have expected him to bust this badly. Even if you weren't a fan of him coming out, I don't think anyone could have seriously thought he was going to be this bad.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A move to free up some cap space too.

TurfShowTimes‏
@TurfShowTimes

According to @Jason_OTC the #Rams are expected to save $3.3M on the cap by trading Robinson to the Lions.

mike23md on the sig
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
I was a huge fan of Robinson as a prospect. At the very least, I thought he could have been a very good guard.

I was a fan of his as well coming out. At this point though, he looks more like an extra linemen that comes in during run blocking situations. Not sure if I trust him for anything more...

I don't see how anybody was a fan of him as a prospect. Sure he had some great athletic ability, but he had horrible technique. He was a huge project with a high ceiling, but found the floor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, the Rams really butchered the RG3 trade. Only Alec Olgetree and Michael Brockers remains on the team from all those picks.

#MTGA
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, we lost jenkins in free agency and bailey to two bullets.
but still. we won the trade.
shawn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to have about as much luck with first round tackles as the Browns have with QB's.

sig made by mike23md
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Honestly I think Kouandijo is more likely to have a positive impact. He played well last season when given a chance at LT. He had some weird thing with the police this offseason but I was still surprised he got cut, definitely a decent backup option at LT. His knees are messed up so he can't play RT near as well so it hurts his versatility but he should still be a good pick up.

If Kouandijo's health allows him to play, I would say the same thing.

I really don't get what happened with Robinson. I mean, I just wouldn't have expected him to bust this badly. Even if you weren't a fan of him coming out, I don't think anyone could have seriously thought he was going to be this bad.
Auburns offense didn't expose those OL to much of what they needed to succeed in the NFL. He would have been better if they were patient with him and developed him instead of forcing him into playing time (so basically how the Browns are handling Shon Coleman)

Robinson will likely play left guard for the Lions. The Lions jump set with their guards, so he'll be a good fit

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
ManeLine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reclamation project is bound to work out for Detroit eventually. Hopefully one of these guys are it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
I was a huge fan of Robinson as a prospect. At the very least, I thought he could have been a very good guard.

I was a fan of his as well coming out. At this point though, he looks more like an extra linemen that comes in during run blocking situations. Not sure if I trust him for anything more...

I don't see how anybody was a fan of him as a prospect. Sure he had some great athletic ability, but he had horrible technique. He was a huge project with a high ceiling, but found the floor.

His run blocking. Dude looked like he could throw anyone around in the run gmae...
KManX89

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
What a bust.

When the best you can get for a #2 overall pick is a 6th, LOL.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a catastrophic for the Rams.
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
The Lions want all the bust OTs.

All your busted OTs are belonging to the Lions.
It's not a bad strategy. They both have massive athletic ability and haven't figured it out technically. Robinson is still what, 24 or 25? A 6th round pick and a few million in cap space isn't free, but it's not a high cost to pay for a guy who might have the light switch flip on one day and be a monster.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not. I don't see any risk there. Worst case scenario, they're cut 2 months from now and the Lions lose a 6th (big deal!).
yrba1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, I'll take GRob busting tied to Fisher's firing in retrospect. Pretty sure this is the first having two top 5 picks overall picks Jason Smith and Greg Robinson being a draft bust Laughing

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

His run blocking. Dude looked like he could throw anyone around in the run gmae...

When he got his hands on them, that's true. Problem was that he had terrible hands, and footwork. He also had a huge problem with lunging at people, and missing. He should have sat for 2yrs, and learned how to play, but that's not allowed anymore with a high pick. He was drafted on athletic capability and potential, but was thrown in like he was drafted on being a finished product.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: