Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Off-Season Thread V.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben troupe 1st season he was 86 shad Meir was 84
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Philly cut DGB..

I guess we won the trade.. DGB should've been a beast.. SMH

lol @ philly doe

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
So Philly cut DGB..

lol @ philly doe

For many it will always feel like we lost because we got rid of him too "early."

But it's obvious, its something wrong with him. He should be much better than he is.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
So Philly cut DGB..

lol @ philly doe

For many it will always feel like we lost because we got rid of him too "early."

But it's obvious, its something wrong with him. He should be much better than he is.

Probably got the VY syndrome. Got the athleticism and the potential, but don't want to put in the work.
But there definitely had to be something not right about him for them to trade him like that after a promising rookie season. For his sake, I hope he gets it together and make a career for himself somewhere.

deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crazy how big of a "what could've been" DGB is. He was a huge name coming out of HS and was turning the corner at Mizzou. If he played and produced (as it seemed like he was on his way of doing) for 4 years, he would've likely been a top 15 pick.

Now, he's an after thought. Not surprised -- I was optimistic when we drafted him -- but not surprised.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/super_horn/status/878313071743188994

interesting tweet thread here about how mularkey's history as an OC somewhat contradicts the conventional wisdom about him- we could see both more passing and less RB by committee than expected
J.Redd10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much agree, I mean at 1st I wasn't sure on mularkey & thought he was over his head but then the more games I watched of our offense, I realized we simply didnt have the personnel to air it out & play spread.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:

interesting tweet thread here about how mularkey's history as an OC somewhat contradicts the conventional wisdom about him- we could see both more passing and less RB by committee than expected

I'm very optimistic about this year. If our WRs perform, we could see the offense reach an unheard of level for Titans football
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000818438/article/why-you-should-root-for-the-tennessee-titans?campaign=tw-nf-sf95844020-sf95844020&sf95844020=1

Why root for the Tittans
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000818438/article/why-you-should-root-for-the-tennessee-titans?campaign=tw-nf-sf95844020-sf95844020&sf95844020=1

Why root for the Tittans

I enjoyed this. Any time a NFL.com article can refer to Mariota as Batman, talk about how underrated early Chris Johnson was and trash Jeff Fisher, I'm totally in.

Props to mike23md on the sig
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

I'm very optimistic about this year. If our WRs perform, we could see the offense reach an unheard of level for Titans football

you? optimistic? why i never. Wink

i think the first four weeks will tell us a lot about this team. we play some tough, tough squads in that span and need to come out of it at least 2-2.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

you? optimistic? why i never. Wink

i think the first four weeks will tell us a lot about this team. we play some tough, tough squads in that span and need to come out of it at least 2-2.
Week 1 is huge. I'm not going to panic if we lose, but I just want to at least look good. I'm going to really struggle if Marcus has a game similar to last year's Raiders game.

Props to mike23md on the sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'd say the first 6 are huge games. 3 divisional games and facing 4 playoff teams from last year. I'd love to beat the Raiders tonshut their fans up a little bit. Jacksonville to get some revenge from last year early. Then at home against Seattle. Their offense doesn't scare me and they're playing away from home. Very winnable game imo. Then at Houston with Watt back and probably seeing Watson for the first time. Hopefully our coverage units don't lose that game again. They went to Miami last year and beat them pretty handily. I still think the Titans are the better team despite Miami making the playoffs. Their OL will be better but our offense played extremely well in that game. Then you have the Colts on Monday at home at home. If we look like garbage up until that point, it could be a long season. No more of this starting the season slow. I'm hoping for 4-2 with at least 2 division wins in those first 6.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
y*so*blu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:

Why root for the Tittans

I liked that piece. There are a lot of good reasons to support Tennessee. The only disappointment was that the author never once mentioned Warren Moon. The Oilers, man...wow. So much potential and talent at different stages of their history, but they never made it all the way. Same for the Titans. As a Vikings fan, I can sympathize.

And on the lighter side, the Ravens drafted a linebacker named Tyus Bowser. So it's very possible that in the near future, you guys will see Super Mario(ta) vs. Bowser. *rimshot*
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have access to it, you should watch Amazon's "All Or Nothing" series featuring Jeff Fisher and the RAMS 2016 season. It was amazing. Watching Fisher's firing and him telling first the coaches then the team was riveting.

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: