FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Mini Camp News and Tweets
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Mini Camp News and Tweets Reply with quote

Kevin Fishbain‏ @kfishbain 6m6 minutes ago

Minicamp musings: Adam Shaheen showed off pretty impressive body control and concentration to catch a TD pass with HJQ draped all over him

Minicamp musings: Deon Bush had a good day, made a couple plays on the ball. Mitch Trubisky was sharp in 7-on-7 drills.

Minicamp musings: Tarik Cohen is fun to watch when he catches the ball in the open field. His ability to cut on a dime is something else.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Jahns‏Verified account @adamjahns 2m2 minutes ago

Tight end might be strength for the #Bears. Adam Shaheen made an impressive diving, contorted catch for a TD from Mike Glennon today.

One standout really for the #Bears’ offseason program has been TE Daniel Brown. Had a really good day yesterday at minicamp

I would say that rookie QB Mitch Trubisky and TE Adam Shaheen has pretty good days at #Bears minicamp today.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Arkush‏ @ArthurArkush Jun 13

#Bears minicamp Day 1 in books. Impressed by Mitch Trubisky's RZ precision. He threw beautiful back shoulder TD to Wheaton, among other TDs.

Precision isn't word to use for offense as a whole though. Theme of day was drops, from opening 7-on-7's. June is the time for them. #Bears
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Dickerson‏Verified account
@DickersonESPN

Probably highlight of 2nd day of #Bears minicamp was rookie TE Adam Shaheen making a diving catch in endzone with defender all over him
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wonder what is going to happen if Trubisky is clearly the better QB in camp and preseason?

I am not sure what Glennon can really rely on. Poor athlete, average arm, no reps for 2 years all seem to be reasons he will not be good enough to hold off the rookie.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I really wonder what is going to happen if Trubisky is clearly the better QB in camp and preseason?

I am not sure what Glennon can really rely on. Poor athlete, average arm, no reps for 2 years all seem to be reasons he will not be good enough to hold off the rookie.

Word is Trubisky is staying late at Halas Hall studying film/the offense. Shaheen (his roommate) said it's until 9:30, 10:00pm. That's a LONNNNNG freaking day.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
51to54

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Trubisky notes.

I watched some of his film earlier this week and the first thing that stands out is his accuracy. He not only consistently hits the receiver, but he usually puts the ball where the receiver can catch and then make a play. Too many QBs just drop the ball around the receiver and force them to adjust to make the catch and thereby lose their momentum and/or their view of the defenders in the area. Often times the difference between a four yard catch and tackled and a catch and run for another 15 yards.

Second, when he did not beat out the starter at NC State he worked even harder to improve his game. He's a very hard worker and student of the game and I have little doubt that he will be as prepared as possible when his time comes.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

The main (and really only IMO) benefit is preservation. If the coaches and Pace lack faith in the receiving corps, OTs, etc then Glennon can get his butt handed to him (he's more then well compensated to take the lumps, he sure as hell isn't being paid based off production) for the season and then those weaknesses can be addressed in the offseason. Trubisky takes over fresh with a better cast and reinforced muscle memory in 2018.

The Bears ruined Jay's potential by these issues (and trading away Olsen), Pace likely wants to avoid that or the David Carr nightmare Houston endured in a similar scenario. Taking a talented played that needs refinement and then letting him burn is a massive waste and would be the end of Pace's career as a GM.

But if they think there is enough talent on the outside and that Leno/Massie will be able to perform well, then I prefer them to let Trubisky start if he outperforms Glennon. Trubisky is the future of the franchise for at least the next 5 years, Glennon was nothing more than the band-aid for us even when Pace threw the three year deal to him. His contract structure, as well as most of the FA signings this offseason, clearly reflect that.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Trubisky SHOULD BE though, right? He was the top QB in his draft class and the 1st offensive player off the board in the draft, and Glennon is a late round pick and a career backup who couldn't keep his job over the likes of Josh McCown and Derek Anderson on a team that was going nowhere and had nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain by giving him the snaps.

Isn't the ideal scenario that Trubisky is starting week 1 because he has shown he is ready to do so? Because he, the superior prospect and far more gifted player talent wise, TAKES the job from Glennon? He's not going to be a 10 year vet out of the gate but if he's capable out of the gate then he should be in there. No reason especially with a good running game and the makings of a good defense that we can't put him on the 2005 Roethlisberger plan with what basically amounts to a pitch count in most weeks. Set him up to succeed.

Glennon is only even a consideration for anything other than a weighted competition he'd be expected to lose only because he was brought in before Trubisky was drafted. The $16M this year doesn't matter, and frankly money isn't even in his favor. They're investing twice that already guaranteed in Trubisky with every intention of giving him $200M over the next decade if he's the player they drafted him to be. If Trubisky balls out in TC and preseason then I expect that all of the "2017 is Glennon's year" stuff will dissipate quickly. It SHOULD dissipate. Trubisky shouldn't be forced onto the field, but if he's forcing his way onto it then they definitely shouldn't resist it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm coming more to the conclusion everyday that Glennon will be given every chance to win the starting job, but that may not be enough to hold of Trubisky. The OL is not the David Carr OL. This is a good (bordering on great) OL. Shaheen is coming along so quickly that he will be a good safety valve for whoever is in at QB and as long as Howard doesn't take a major step back, he will take a lot pressure off the QB. Its not a bad spot for a new QB. If Glennon looks more prepared thru training camp, I'm fine with it, but if Trubisky clearly is the better QB, then let's go.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
G08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said earlier, by all accounts the kid is busting his tail... will that be enough to be a day 1 starter?

I'm going to say no.

BUT, if Glennon is playing like crap and Trubisky is lighting it up in practice? Hey... if they think he's ready then get him out there.

Still... I'll be stunned if he starts prior to week 11. Coming off a bye would be good, but not at home vs. the Packers man. The next week at home against the Lions is a solid start, then the Eagles on the road, followed by the 49ers at home and Bengals on the road.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard pressed to find anyone saying much positive about Kevin White.

Jeremy Stoltz was asked on the Bear Report podcast who was standing out in the WR group and his response,

" [Audible Laugh], Not Kevin White that is for sure"
51to54

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I'm coming more to the conclusion everyday that Glennon will be given every chance to win the starting job, but that may not be enough to hold of Trubisky. The OL is not the David Carr OL. This is a good (bordering on great) OL. Shaheen is coming along so quickly that he will be a good safety valve for whoever is in at QB and as long as Howard doesn't take a major step back, he will take a lot pressure off the QB. Its not a bad spot for a new QB. If Glennon looks more prepared thru training camp, I'm fine with it, but if Trubisky clearly is the better QB, then let's go.

This!! If Shaheen or anyone actually, but Shaheen looks like he's the Huckleberry, becomes a solid safety value then Trubisky can learn on the field while still having a consistent go to guy on every down.

This isn't the horrid OL and vaporous WR group that forced Orton to throw 1 third of his passes out of bounds or that got Cutler pummeled into the turf about 10 times a game. While our WR group probably is as bad as that older group, this offense has a decent Oline and Howard and now possibly Shaheen. Certainly not a championship caliber group yet, but one well situated to keep a rookie QB on his feet while he learns the NFL and that can move the chains a bit.

I've gone from wanting Trubisky to learn for all or most of 2017 to wanting him taking the opening snap.
G08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Hard pressed to find anyone saying much positive about Kevin White.

Jeremy Stoltz was asked on the Bear Report podcast who was standing out in the WR group and his response,

" [Audible Laugh], Not Kevin White that is for sure"

Shocker. He sucked and still sucks.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am tingly over Shaheen.

-Looks good in camp
-Incredible physical tools
-Pace has HRed all his 2nd round picks

Tingles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: