You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DeAngelo Hall takes a paycut
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: DeAngelo Hall takes a paycut Reply with quote

DeAngelo Hall takes a pay cut

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/14/deangelo-hall-takes-a-pay-cut/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

Quote:
Hall told reporters at the Redskins facility on Wednesday that he agreed to a pay cut recently. Hall was set to make a base salary of $4.25 million and count just under $5.1 million against the salary cap in the final year of his deal. He didnít share the details of the new arrangement.

The position group looks different than it did when Hall went down. The team added D.J. Swearinger as a free agent, drafted Montae Nicholson in the fourth round and moved Suía Cravens from linebacker as they reorganized the spot this offseason.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning him -CUT is the word I want to hear !

More info from Rich Tandler.
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/63786/DeAngelo-Hall-agrees-to-pay-cut-with-Redskins/Default.aspx
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/63786/DeAngelo-Hall-agrees-to-pay-cut-with-Redskins/Default.aspx
There's absolutely no reason to cut Hall right now. If we get to training camp and the preseason and the young guys we have are outplaying him and it looks like we don't need Hall then I expect us to cut him then, but at this point that wounding make sense unless it was to make room for an upgrade at ILB like DAvid Harris. If the skins want Harris, they may cut Hall so they have the cap room to signs harris.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

I was hoping to hear- "Redskins come to their senses and finally cut DeAngelo Hall from their roster"

This is a Bruce Allen move- strictly for politics not for performance. D Hall has always been Bruce's boy and I expect when they finally release him he will get some made up title like Director of Mentor Relationships etc..
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have known starting this thread was a mistake. Taking a pay cut for team is now frowned upon because of well ... Bruce Allen??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

With every int, fumble, missed tackle or penalty now are we going to blame it all on Allen?

This fan base is like a cult. It's ridiculous

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marcus21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I should have known starting this thread was a mistake. Taking a pay cut for the a is now frowned upon because of well ... Bruce Allen??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Every int, fumble, missed tackle or penalty now are we going to blame it all on Allen?

^^^^^ this is so true!

It's smart to keep him around! Veteran leadership and we really have no idea what Sua Cravens is going to do at safety considering he hasn't played there since his freshman year at USC. It's another body going into camp! Maybe we should come down off the ledge until the final 53 is realeased!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I should have known starting this thread was a mistake. Taking a pay cut for the a is now frowned upon because of well ... Bruce Allen??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Every int, fumble, missed tackle or penalty now are we going to blame it all on Allen?

Hall should have been gone LAST off-season!
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool is he taking $0 salary and releasing himself?
Dratt.... I guess at some point we'll see him fouling up on the field again. Good guy, but I don't even want him coaching the players his bad habits.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Well when a guy like Hall who can't even stay on the field at this point of his career, but kisses the FO [inappropriate/removed] in the media continues to get a contract, meanwhile a solid contributor who criticized Allen in the media (RJF) gets cut, you gotta call it what it is.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Hall should have been gone LAST off-season!
The only way Hall is going to be gone is if he can't play or is truly upgraded. If the young guys we drafted the last few years (Cravens, Fuller, Moreau and Nicholson) along with Breeland, Dunbar and Everret play well in camp and the preseason Hall could be cut but if they don't play well Blackmon and Hall could make the team again because we need to have reliable DBs.

The front office chose not to upgrade Hall at safety last year since that happened, he stayed.

It's a shame he got hurt last year because I still believe he could have gotten better at safety the more the season went on.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Well when a guy like Hall who can't even stay on the field at this point of his career, but kisses the FO [inappropriate/removed] in the media continues to get a contract, meanwhile a solid contributor who criticized Allen in the media (RJF) gets cut, you gotta call it what it is.
Part of the reason RJF got cut was because he wouldn't take a pay cut and he isn't starting material.

We weren't going to pay RJF $4 million to be a back up when Hood is equivalent to him. Hood costs $3 million less, Hood can play every DL position and in every scheme we play. RJF only played when we were in a 3 man front. When we were in nickle or dime and had a 4-2-5 look or a 3-2-6 look RJF was never on the field, he only played a 1/3 of the game. So while the social media rants didn't help, he needed to be upgraded with younger guys who could play in every one of our defensive schemes and play every down. RJF was essentially cut because he was the equivalent to Knighton from 2015, both players were 1 down players, at most 2 down players.

I hope they asked Hall to take a pay cut because they're making room to try to sign a David Harris.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Part of the reason RJF got cut was because he wouldn't take a pay cut and he isn't starting material.

We weren't going to pay RJF $4 million to be a back up when Hood is equivalent to him. Hood costs $3 million less, Hood can play every DL position and in every scheme we play. RJF only played when we were in a 3 man front. When we were in nickle or dime and had a 4-2-5 look or a 3-2-6 look RJF was never on the field, he only played a 1/3 of the game. So while the social media rants didn't help, he needed to be upgraded with younger guys who could play in every one of our defensive schemes and play every down. RJF was essentially cut because he was the equivalent to Knighton from 2015, both players were 1 down players, at most 2 down players.

I hope they asked Hall to take a pay cut because they're making room to try to sign a David Harris.
Youre extremely ignorant if you think RJF wasn't cut for his statements against the FO. He was a solid role player and leader in the locker room. He was also cut late and not during initial cuts (only after his comments).

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Youre extremely ignorant if you think RJF wasn't cut for his statements against the FO. He was a solid role player and leader in the locker room. He was also cut late and not during initial cuts (only after his comments).
I said it had to do with the comments also but I do believe that after they spent the $ on McClain and McGee that they wanted RJF to take a pay cut because he wasn't worth $4 million. They also saved $3 million by cutting RJF. So you can't ignore the fact that RJF only played 1/3 of the time and everyone knows a player who only plays 1/3 of the snaps and isn't dominant isn't worth that money, especially when you can sign a comparable and more versatile player for a 1/3 the cost of him.

The real thing is are we going to miss RJF?

I say NO!

Hood = RJF! And I can make the case that Hood is more valuable. Hood can play NT and play on a 4 man line as a 3 technique or NT which RJF didn't do and we have a 4 man line about 2/3 of the time. We upgraded RJF when we drafted Allen and we re-signed Hood who is equivalent to RJF as a reserve. We aren't going to miss him.

The sad thing is if someone else had cut RJF besides Bruce Allen you probably wouldn't give two craps because you know he blew a golden opportunity to lock down that starting RDE position last year and make an impact and he barely made a dent.

I actually believed RJF could double his production last year as a starter and replace Hatcher's production and I looked like a fool for believing that because he pretty much busted as a starter. I mean, if we want to revisit the past, you totally killed Jarvis Jenkins and Stephen Bowen for having seasons that were alsimilar to what RJF gave us last year but for some reason you love RJF! Is it because you love the sack dance he does once a year?

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I should have known starting this thread was a mistake. Taking a pay cut for team is now frowned upon because of well ... Bruce Allen??? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

With every int, fumble, missed tackle or penalty now are we going to blame it all on Allen?

Nah, lots of people to blame in this game:

Lil Danny Snyder starring as the Shylock
Bruce Allen- as the simpleminded stooge on a former Redskins great
Jay Gruden- the chubby nosepicking cockeyed donut eating Brother of a good NFL coach

And now DHall- the sellout former big mouth who has compromised himself and defends the indefensible for the Shylocks nickels and pennies
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

^^^^^ this is so true!

It's smart to keep him around! Veteran leadership and we really have no idea what Sua Cravens is going to do at safety considering he hasn't played there since his freshman year at USC. It's another body going into camp! Maybe we should come down off the ledge until the final 53 is realeased!

But Peanut Butter and Jelly is gone for speaking truth. We have a rookie who could benefit from " veteran leadership". It's about protecting the plantation masser's and D Hall sold out doing it

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: