You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LeBron's Future
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malak1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
You know Kobe would hate for LeBron to go to the Lakers. Most players probably wouldn't care too much, but he definitely would lol

The second he took the floor he would instantly become the best player to have ever donned a Lakers jersey.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malak1 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
You know Kobe would hate for LeBron to go to the Lakers. Most players probably wouldn't care too much, but he definitely would lol

The second he took the floor he would instantly become the best player to have ever donned a Lakers jersey.

What is that saying? You could say that about any team not based in Chicago.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Why? Kobe is a Laker legend. Guy is one of the greatest ever and helped bring 5 championship rings. I think he'd love for LeBron to be a Laker because he wants to see the Lakers be successful.

Plus, after listening to Kobe in all these interviews, it legit seems like he's moved on from basketball in a sense. He's so invested in other ventures (business, making movies, etc) that he just doesn't seem to really care or want to be involved all that much with the NBA anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Darkness wrote:
What do you guys think Cleveland's reaction to LeBron leaving the Cavs this time around would be? Gratitude for the championship, or hate because he's leaving them in shambles again?

It would be really terrible if there was anything but gratitude shown towards Lebron. Sure there will be hurt and disappointment but he ultimately delivered on his promise.

From Lebrona point of view he would be hurt himself by leaving again. He can't go out west and make the finals unless he takes a vet minimum to play for the warriors. No one in the east can give him what the Cavs can roster wise.

Uh, Sixers. Cool
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Why? Kobe is a Laker legend. Guy is one of the greatest ever and helped bring 5 championship rings. I think he'd love for LeBron to be a Laker because he wants to see the Lakers be successful.

Plus, after listening to Kobe in all these interviews, it legit seems like he's moved on from basketball in a sense. He's so invested in other ventures (business, making movies, etc) that he just doesn't seem to really care or want to be involved all that much with the NBA anymore.

The only player with a bigger ego then LeBron was Kobe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Kobe has checked out since retiring. He probably wouldn't care at all what Lebron does.

mike23md
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Seems like Kobe has checked out since retiring. He probably wouldn't care at all what Lebron does.
I agree with you. I'm willing to bet all of us here watch more and are more invested in the NBA than Kobe is. He just seems like he wants to distance himself from the game.

Look at this short (about 3-4 minutes) Kobe interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_gACZHOXAk

He said he wouldn't even want to be an owner of the Lakers or be involved with the franchise if he had to be involved on a day-to-day basis.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
I agree with you. I'm willing to bet all of us here watch more and are more invested in the NBA than Kobe is. He just seems like he wants to distance himself from the game.

Look at this short (about 3-4 minutes) Kobe interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_gACZHOXAk

He said he wouldn't even want to be an owner of the Lakers or be involved with the franchise if he had to be involved on a day-to-day basis.

Also worth noting some people seem to be very different on an off the court. Seems to me like Westbrook is a super cool and unselfish guy anytime you see him off the court, but on the court he's a YOLOSOLO maniac. I've personally known super mellow guys who were completely different people when playing, talking trash for no reason and ready to fight strangers because of bad foul calls.

D#######
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really use Westbrook as an example? He just spent the year taking a number of immature petty shots at Durant lol

Y'all tripping if you don't think arguably the biggest competitor and the greatest Laker of his generation wouldn't hate that the one player seen as greater then him during his career could go to his one team and compete for championships.

Quote:
“It was inevitable,” Bryant said. “You can’t expect Michael [Jordan] to play with Wilt [Chamberlain] for his entire career. That’s just not going to work. I had too much talent and too much to showcase. And then there was a challenge issued by him about me not being able to win without him. That’s a challenge I couldn’t pass.

“But ultimately during those years I sacrificed a lot, numbers-wise, to play with him. The thing that always bothered me was people said, ‘Well, Kobe’s selfish.’ I’m not selfish. If I was selfish, I would have left. I gave up a lot to play with him.”

No chance Kobe wouldn't feel some kind of way about LeBron leading the Lakers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westbrook does a massive amount of charity work that you wouldn't expect a selfish person to do, most likely a lot more than players you would label as less selfish.

I'm not even saying he wouldn't internally not have a problem with it, I just don't think the way people behave on the court translates to how they are off the court. Sometimes it does, I dunno about Kobe, because like people said, since retiring he's been out of the spotlight. I can see him fuming, I also could see him giving zero effs. I really have no idea.

The LeBron would be the best player to wear a Lakers jersey would only apply if he was playing better than all the Lakers. Jordan wasn't the best Wizards player because of what he did in Chicago.

Also, what year is that quote from?

D#######
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what charity work or being selfish has to do with players opinions about the game. Draymond does a bunch of charity work too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're commenting on how Kobe would react as a person (in a year TBD after 2017) to a certain event based on his behavior as a player, when he is now removed from the game. Also assuming he is the same person he was many years ago when you are taking your quotes and not more at peace now that he's retired.

Or hell, maybe Kobe's ego is so colossal that he thinks he's done enough to prove he's the best ever and there's nothing LeBron can do to surpass him, and LeBron being a Laker would be a cute attempt to try and follow his greatness.

D#######
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to have some context here. LeBron would be the greatest Laker ever in terms of name sake, but I'm willing to bet A LOT of people would not label him as such because he wouldn't have the accolades guys like Magic and Kobe have.

IF LeBron joined the Lakers next year, he would be at the tail end of his career. There's no way he would accomplish anywhere near as much as Kobe or Magic because those guys did it for so long and won so much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Not greatest Laker, but best player to play for the Lakers. If peak Jordan played for any team for a season, he'd be the best player to play for that team, but he wouldn't necessarily be known as that franchise's best player.

D#######
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^wtf... look at our join date an post count. Both are pretty close together.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: