You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dont get too excited about Jmac

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejunki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Dont get too excited about Jmac Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s15xIxBF7I
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... sounds like Raiders Nation is still salty after he turned down their offer and signed with Kansas City.
thejunki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol listen he is a good guy great locker room guy but he is not the dynamic wideout you think he is. He is a walking injury you heard it here first this will be his last year
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you say so. Wink

But you seem to be operating on the assumption that we think he's going to be great... not quite the case. Just a huge improvement on what Baltimore had otherwise. Wallace is solid and Perriman is improving but anybody past that is sketchy at best. And a competent offense these days is running out more than two receivers. Maclin is a big boost even if he's not quite up to his 2014 and 2015 form.
thejunki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys could of drafted a game changer at the wideout spot instead ur front office decided to draft marlon knowing darn well first round corners have a high bust rate better to grab corners in the mid 2nd - 4th round. You draft Qbs, WR,DE,and Lt's in the first bro. I f eel sorry fo r Joe you guys give him no help he cant turn water into wine
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejunki wrote:
Guys could of drafted a game changer at the wideout spot instead ur front office decided to draft marlon knowing darn well first round corners have a high bust rate better to grab corners in the mid 2nd - 4th round. You draft Qbs, WR,DE,and Lt's in the first bro. I f eel sorry fo r Joe you guys give him no help he cant turn water into wine

Laughing

Ah, just a troll then. Makes sense.

For what it's worth no, the Ravens couldn't have drafted a game-changing wideout because the three of them that were in the draft all went in the top ten before their pick.
golfer1738

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejunki wrote:

which WR is the game changer?

Zay Jones?
Curtis Samuel?
JuJu Smith-Schuster?
thejunki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike williams, John Ross, Juju smith,Zay jones, and Corey davis would of all given the ravens a big kick in the a$$ boost on offense
thejunki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ravens failed to give Joe a true number 1 yet again its sad he throws one of the best deep balls in the league but dont have the weapons on offense to use his cannon
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejunki wrote:
Mike williams, John Ross, Juju smith,Zay jones, and Corey davis would of all given the ravens a big kick in the a$$ boost on offense

That would have been true for 3 of them. The three that were gone well before we picked.

As for the others, I think Perriman is still just as promising.
golfer1738

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejunki wrote:

now tell me where williams/ross/davis were selected? and tell me where the ravens picked?

so it really comes down to zay jones/juju. interesting that zay went about 15-20 picks later and juju a round later.

you sound like espn. if we had reached on a wr all you'd be saying right now is 'lol the ravens reached so much on a wr bc they were desperate when they could have signed maclin right now. they look dumb.'
dcfields

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm far more confident in Maclin's ability to effectively supplement the Ravens receiving corps than I would be in the ability of the Raiders's 26th ranked defense to stop him.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
If you say so. Wink

But you seem to be operating on the assumption that we think he's going to be great... not quite the case. Just a huge improvement on what Baltimore had otherwise. Wallace is solid and Perriman is improving but anybody past that is sketchy at best. And a competent offense these days is running out more than two receivers. Maclin is a big boost even if he's not quite up to his 2014 and 2015 form.

This is the point that the 140-character brigade seems to miss. I can't even count how many glass-half-empty posts I read on Twitter reacting to this news with something to the effect of "wow, must mean the org is done with Perriman!" Just absolute silliness.

And yes, I do go to Twitter for my reasoned discourse. What of it?
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejunki wrote:

Unlike WRs, that never bust in the first round...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: