You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is the Redskins DL that much better?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much has the Redskins DL improved?
A lot
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
It's worse because of the loss of Baker and RJF
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The DL will be about the same as the last 2 years
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
It's better but still not a lot better
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 19

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen is the biggest upgrade, but he's just a rookie. I feel like we overpaid McCLain and McGee and neither will be much of an upgrade over what we had before. I actually like the McGee signing more than McClain. If Allen turns out to be a complete stud he will cover up some of the other deficiencies along the line. I think its more likely that we still only have one starting caliber Dlineman on our roster though (Allen).

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Allen is the biggest upgrade, but he's just a rookie. I feel like we overpaid McCLain and McGee and neither will be much of an upgrade over what we had before. I actually like the McGee signing more than McClain. If Allen turns out to be a complete stud he will cover up some of the other deficiencies along the line. I think its more likely that we still only have one starting caliber Dlineman on our roster though (Allen).
McClain was the best interior lineman on the Cowboys last year and they ran away with the division and were a few spectacular Aaron Rodgers plays away from playing in the NFCCG. I think you are selling him short. I think McClain is the most complete of the two DL we signed but McGee is the better run defender.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Redskins DL that much better? Reply with quote

Wait wait wait ...

turtle28 wrote:
J.P. Finaly and Rich Tandler tackle the subject on CSN Mid Atlantic.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/video/redskins-dl-preview-group-really-much-better?utm_content=buffer4ea4d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I tend to agree with them that the DL is better - particularly after the drafting of Allen - but it's still not a great DL. Only way that happens is if McClain plays like what Baker did the last two years

You told me repeatedly that McClain was a better option than Baker because he was younger. Are you now saying that we should have kept Baker because ... I don't know ... he ACTUALLY DID THE JOB?

Quote:
, McGee is a solid run stuffer who can hold down the middle and Phil Taylor surprises and plays like he did 4 and 5 years ago.

And if neither of these happens? We're humped. Oh, kind of like I said way back in March.

Quote:
That's highly unlikely all that happens and we'd need Anthony Lanier or Ioannidis or both really to develop into good rotational pieces.

So, you're now saying that our DL is crap even with the addition of all these pieces. Thank you for finally coming to terms with reality.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Is the Redskins DL that much better? Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Wait wait wait ...

turtle28 wrote:
J.P. Finaly and Rich Tandler tackle the subject on CSN Mid Atlantic.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/video/redskins-dl-preview-group-really-much-better?utm_content=buffer4ea4d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I tend to agree with them that the DL is better - particularly after the drafting of Allen - but it's still not a great DL. Only way that happens is if McClain plays like what Baker did the last two years

You told me repeatedly that McClain was a better option than Baker because he was younger. Are you now saying that we should have kept Baker because ... I don't know ... he ACTUALLY DID THE JOB?

Quote:
, McGee is a solid run stuffer who can hold down the middle and Phil Taylor surprises and plays like he did 4 and 5 years ago.

And if neither of these happens? We're humped. Oh, kind of like I said way back in March.

Quote:
That's highly unlikely all that happens and we'd need Anthony Lanier or Ioannidis or both really to develop into good rotational pieces.

So, you're now saying that our DL is crap even with the addition of all these pieces. Thank you for finally coming to terms with reality.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 - A Man (with a GIF) For All Seasons
mar29020

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
The only team dumb enough to run the 3-4 for 5+ years without trying to get a nose tackle.
that is our motto. we are the only team dumb enough to think mccoy can start for us too.
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
The only team dumb enough to run the 3-4 for 5+ years without trying to get a nose tackle.

It would be one thing if we didn't try. We seem actively to avoid getting a nose tackle. No, I don't think taking a spin on any of the free agents we signed this year (Stacy McGee, Phil Taylor, Joey Mbu) counts. No, I don't believe drafting Ioannidis works either.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

It would be one thing if we didn't try. We seem actively to avoid getting a nose tackle. No, I don't think taking a spin on any of the free agents we signed this year (Stacy McGee, Phil Taylor, Joey Mbu) counts. No, I don't believe drafting Ioannidis works either.

Oh, don't worry. I'm sure the defenders of us running the 3-4 without a true NT will come along soon and show us all why we actually don't need one.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not re-signing Baker to then go out and pay two inferior players a
similar contract speaks volumes about Bruce Allen. But then again he's also the idiot that let the leagues best deep threat walk away from a team that does nothing but throw the ball. He's an awful GM that we're stuck with. This is Cerrato all over again.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest positive defense last year to this year on defense is not a player but a coach. Tomsula is a very good position coach who will bring out the best in the talent we have. I like allen but anything you get from a rook DL is gravy. But the problem is as many have stated we are weak up the middle at nose, inside lb, safety against both the run and while it's hard to believe we are worse at pass defense up the middle where we make marginal right ends and running backs look like Jerry Smith and Nick giaquinto (aka the Trashman). For you young bucks both were former skins who were excellent route runners and pass receivers

I think Scotty M has built the roster to be as strong top to bottom as o can remember since 2001. How long will it take for bruce to screw it up? It starts with Kirk
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris baker was gonna be 29 years old and wasn't that god . I fail to even see why you guys are still upset about his departure. We have some guys like Lionidis that can be a starter down the like . We have some decent prospects to work with .

Baker wasn't a pro bowler or even a good player he was like honestly avg. let's wait atleast week 1 to see how these guys play out , heck either way if they suck we can draft another first round DL in 2018 and call it a day .
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Chris baker was gonna be 29 years old and wasn't that god . I fail to even see why you guys are still upset about his departure. We have some guys like Lionidis that can be a starter down the like . We have some decent prospects to work with .

Baker wasn't a pro bowler or even a good player he was like honestly avg. let's wait atleast week 1 to see how these guys play out , heck either way if they suck we can draft another first round DL in 2018 and call it a day .

I agree with you about baker who was over rated by some fans and is basically an average guy who played lazy last year. But he was by far the best we had and would have been smarter to give him the deal he signed with Tampa

Iodonnis was bad last year- he had some of the poorest technique I can remember ( I've seen much advanced DL technique from high schoolers) and it's not all his fault because he didn't have a legitimate coach last year unless he was training to be a Starbucks barista.lets see how he looks this year

The issue with the DL is like Fletcher said in the Outlaw Josie Wales- " don't go pissing down my leg and tell me it's raining" bruce has been doing this forever over hyping and people get sick of having wet legs
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Dashing wrote:

I agree with you about baker who was over rated by some fans and is basically an average guy who played lazy last year. But he was by far the best we had and would have been smarter to give him the deal he signed with Tampa

Iodonnis was bad last year- he had some of the poorest technique I can remember ( I've seen much advanced DL technique from high schoolers) and it's not all his fault because he didn't have a legitimate coach last year unless he was training to be a Starbucks barista.lets see how he looks this year

The issue with the DL is like Fletcher said in the Outlaw Josie Wales- " don't go pissing down my leg and tell me it's raining" THE REDSKINS HAVE been doing this forever over hyping and people get sick of having wet legs

There, fixed it for you. Wink I guess we'll have to see what happens. I think the Redskins improved their run defense on their DL over the last few years with the signings of McGee and McClain and the drafting of Allen. Then, when they drafted Allen they upgraded their pass rushing from their DL. So, overall, their DL will be better IMO but I don't expect their DL to be great. I think they'll be better than they've been since 2011 but still not a dominant DL.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mar29020

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should have kept baker because we know he is a good player in our scheme. the new players we signed to replace him are uncertain. we dont know how they will perfom. baker with out new rookie would have been nice. baker had at least 3-4 good years left in him. he was well liked in the locker room.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Dashing wrote:

The issue with the DL is like Fletcher said in the Outlaw Josie Wales- " don't go pissing down my leg and tell me it's raining" THE REDSKINS HAVE been doing this forever over hyping and people get sick of having wet legs

There, fixed it for you. Wink I guess we'll have to see what happens. I think the Redskins improved their run defense on their DL over the last few years with the signings of McGee and McClain and the drafting of Allen. Then, when they drafted Allen they upgraded their pass rushing from their DL. So, overall, their DL will be better IMO but I don't expect their DL to be great. I think they'll be better than they've been since 2011 but still not a dominant DL.

Turtle an appropriate correction from Bruce to the Redskins

Bruce will now be defined in large part by Cousins. If he doesn't sign him it's Bruce's fault. If he signs him for too much and he under performs its Bruce's' fault, if he signs him and we win multiple Super Bowls it's to Danny's credit. Lol

Bruce, the master politician who has made a career pretending to be a football guy has miscalculated badly- he's now exposed himsrlf violating a politicians cardinal rule- put somebody between you and a problem so they can be blamed. Shanny took the heat for Bobby Bust and nobody between bruce and a big potential problem with the cousins situation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: