You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Doctson will have to earn his starting spot
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7252
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison Crowder would probably be the greatest receiver of all time if he got drafted by another team. Considering our history with picking receivers the fact that he's been successful is basically a miracle. I fully expect josh Doctson to immediately get hurt next year and never really play for this team. We should never draft receivers.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Jamison Crowder would probably be the greatest receiver of all time if he got drafted by another team. Considering our history with picking receivers the fact that he's been successful is basically a miracle. I fully expect Josh Doctson to immediately get hurt next year and never really play for this team. We should never draft receivers.
Crowder with Cousins has been magical and that's with Cousins needing to develop chemistry with Crowder during the first half of Crowder's rookie year and Crowder having to battle Garçon & Djax for targets.

Crowder is Antwan Randle El like or a slightly slower version of a young Santana Moss in his prime. He's going to have a great year and may even lead the team in receptions this year because he'll be Cousins's #1 target of the wide receivers.

Wouldn't shock me at all to see Crowder catch 90 or more passes for 1000 or more yards and as many or more than his 7 TDs he caught last year.

It's hard to predict what Doctson will do, seeing as he didn't get to learn behind the vets last year as planned because if his Achilles injury. I'm certainly not going to predict any Redskins players getting hurt, I hate seeing that but feel how you want I guess.

I definitely think Doctson can fill Garcon's role and be a possession receiver for us that will periodically stretch the field when Gruden asks him to run a deep route. Obviously given his size, athletic ability and leaping ability he should be a better redzone target than Garçon, same with Pryor. The greater catch radius of Doctson and Pryor should help out our redzone offense and Cousins' TD totals immensely. Also, don't forget that Doctson is the 4th option in our passing option after Reed, Crowder and Pryor. He's likely to find himself always single covered and against opposing teams #3 corners which he should be able to take advantage of, particularly in the redzone when he and Cousins develop their chemistry.

I think Doctson's stats will be something like 60 to 70 receptions, 800 yards and 6 TDs (maybe more).
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG


Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Oh brother

Sorry but it's annoying how often everyone acts like I'm an idiot because I'm optimistic. As much as Mknight worries about countering my positive views on a player I wish he'd just go back to ignoring my posts. It's like I can't even write what I feel on here without being attacked for actually having a positive view! It's beyond ridiculous and it's why at times I'll go away for days or weeks but whatever.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Oh brother

Sorry but it's annoying how often everyone acts like I'm an idiot because I'm optimistic. As much as Mknight worries about countering my positive views on a player I wish he'd just go back to ignoring my posts. It's like I can't even write what I feel on here without being attacked for actually having a positive view! It's beyond ridiculous and it's why at times I'll go away for days or weeks but whatever.
Dude you love every scrub on the team and hate on everyone that is actually good. I've never seen a homer that actually hates on the best aspects of that team. Its fascinating, but on a message board pretty annoying.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Oh brother

Sorry but it's annoying how often everyone acts like I'm an idiot because I'm optimistic. As much as Mknight worries about countering my positive views on a player I wish he'd just go back to ignoring my posts. It's like I can't even write what I feel on here without being attacked for actually having a positive view! It's beyond ridiculous and it's why at times I'll go away for days or weeks but whatever.
Dude you love every scrub on the team and hate on everyone that is actually good. I've never seen a homer that actually hates on the best aspects of that team. Its fascinating, but on a message board pretty annoying.
You're wrong, that's all in your mind because you don't like some the things I write about the average or below average players and how they could get better and that's all you remember.

You never remember me defending the best players on the team or projecting their pro bowl seasons & career best seasons each year when I'm doing my stay orojections stats and while I project players you love to hate - even though there's no reason to because they're just back of the roster guys like Grant and Paul - to barely even play!

I mean let's be honest here, you hate on special teams guys because you don't see the value in what they can do for us there and because they'll never going to be good starters. I see the value in those players and know they're not starter worthy but they do provide value to the team in other ways and that's why they make the team every year and primarily just play special teams but you just ignore that 3rd part of the game.

I don't hype up any of the back of the roster guys to be amazing and better than starters, I just point out that most ignore the things they do well and ignore their value to the team and everyone jumps all over me for pointing out what they do well.

It's like if I don't say Niles Paul & Ryan Grant suck and drop too many passes - and they barley get targets - which isn't true anyways that I'm not a Redskins fan or something because I'm not jumping on the hating bandwagon your leading which is is crazy.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1952
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thread of the Turtle vs Mknight pissing contest....ya
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19354
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Oh brother

Sorry but it's annoying how often everyone acts like I'm an idiot because I'm optimistic. As much as Mknight worries about countering my positive views on a player I wish he'd just go back to ignoring my posts. It's like I can't even write what I feel on here without being attacked for actually having a positive view! It's beyond ridiculous and it's why at times I'll go away for days or weeks but whatever.
Dude you love every scrub on the team and hate on everyone that is actually good. I've never seen a homer that actually hates on the best aspects of that team. Its fascinating, but on a message board pretty annoying.
You're wrong, that's all in your mind because you don't like some the things I write about the average or below average players and how they could get better and that's all you remember.

You never remember me defending the best players on the team or projecting their pro bowl seasons & career best seasons each year when I'm doing my stay orojections stats and while I project players you love to hate - even though there's no reason to because they're just back of the roster guys like Grant and Paul - to barely even play!

I mean let's be honest here, you hate on special teams guys because you don't see the value in what they can do for us there and because they'll never going to be good starters. I see the value in those players and know they're not starter worthy but they do provide value to the team in other ways and that's why they make the team every year and primarily just play special teams but you just ignore that 3rd part of the game.

I don't hype up any of the back of the roster guys to be amazing and better than starters, I just point out that most ignore the things they do well and ignore their value to the team and everyone jumps all over me for pointing out what they do well.

It's like if I don't say Niles Paul & Ryan Grant suck and drop too many passes - and they barley get targets - which isn't true anyways that I'm not a Redskins fan or something because I'm not jumping on the hating bandwagon your leading which is is crazy.
I'm not wrong. You love Niles Paul and Matt Jones yet take every chance you can to crap on Ryan Kerrigan and Josh Norman.

And for the life of me I can't understand why you love Bruce Allen so much and crapped on McCloughan every chance you got. You even pissed on Shanahan and touted Bruce Allen as the savior back then too. Your love of Bruce Allen leads me to discredit everything you post.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because I point out where Kerrigan or Norman could be better and where they've made mistakes doesn't mean I don't think theyre great players. I praise them as well. They are 2 of the highest paid players on the team and are held to a different standard than back of the roster players. They were also 2 highest paid players on a horrible defense last year and it's on the pro bowl caliber players that make a combined $31.7 million this year to deliver for the defense, we should all expect that.

I'm just being critical of a few mistakes they made and where they need to do better if our defense is going to take the next step. I've never said they've sucked and could never ever get better like many say about the back of the roster players.

Norman and Kerrigan are held to an elite level because they're getting paid like elite defenders, it's the same reason why Kirk gets more of the blame than other players when the offense makes mistakes it's because he's the qb and he has the largest salary on offense.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 26086
Location: Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Marko Mitchell can step in this year and be a valuable red zone target
_________________


Sig by Mike23md

"Don't need the accolades, just need the acknowledgement"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mknight you take my comments out of context, always have and I guess always will but I hope not. I didn't crap on Scot McCloughan, I pointed out that he wasn't as perfect as everyone thought and that's just the truth. I think Redskins fans held him up to an unattainable standard as a certain savior and it was going to be hard for him to live up to that unless the team won multiple Super Bowls under him. And, it did bug me that he always seemed to get a pass when he made a mistake while no other person ever involved in the organization since 1993 has. It was like he was god, and you couldn't say a bad word about him which was ridiculous. He did make some mistakes and they've been well documented. I'm sorry the truth hurts but I never ever once advocated for him to be fired. I said it was a mistake to fire him. He deserved more than 2 years to build this roster into a super bowl contender and I'll always fee that way about his time in DC.

I also don't love Bruce Allen. I get so mad that you keep saying that. It's the most disrespectful thing written on this board now a days. How you attack what I think and constantly get my thoughts wrong and troll me is disrespectful. You act like a troll because you know it gets these responses out of me. Sadly, it's the response I know you are looking for otherwise you wouldn't write what you do about me and my opinions so personally. So while people blame me for these type of posts, they should blame you for being a troll and trolling me into them as you know you're going to make me angry when you write what you do.

I've been as hard on Allen over this Kirk Cousins contract and his miserable PR as everyone. The difference is I don't make up stupid names for him and follow the bandwagon on "fire Bruce Allen" all the time and say he's an "idiot," it's such a troll line and brings no good to the forum and to the discussion about Redskins football in the forum. I certainly am smart enough to know that Bruce Allen constantly makes mistakes with PR and with his decisions to hire certain people and firing other people who I think should have been given more time to do their job before they were canned. His PR and our PR is the worst in the NFL and that's where he most comes off as an idiot.

That being said, he hired Jay Gruden and then Scot McCloughan which helped turn this team into the winner it has been the last two years. Yes, he got rid of McCloughan also which I DON'T AND NEVER WILL AGREE WITH! Under Allen though, the team had a good draft in 2014 and it appears this offseason and he signed a few good free agents in 2014 and this offseason. Those free agents and draft picks in 2014 helped us win the division in 2015 and the draft picks are still a few of our young core players. I hope that the same can be said of this year's draft class and free agent class, I certainly have hope that they will.

I'm not going to hope - as you and most seem to in this forum - that the Redskins fail so that Bruce Allen is fired. That's what your posts come off as when others read them and I'm sorry, as a fan of this team I don't necessarily hope Bruce to fail because he's running the team and if he fails that means the Redskins will have a losing season. Then, Kirk Cousins, along with Terrelle Pryor, Brashaud Breeland, Zach Brown and other key players are definitely going to be gone next year also and we'd be blowing eveything up hoping to get a top 10 draft pick and totally rebuild again like we did in 2010 & 2015. I don't want to be in that situation right now, I want to continue to build around Kirk.

If Bruce fails he'll fail just as Vinny Cerrato did miserably in 2009, if it happens in that way, in all for it but I'm not going to cheer for the team to fail just because I don't like Bruce Allen. I hope that despite Allen running the team and screwing things up that the team still wins. That's where I am and where I'll always be if I don't like the coach or the front office. It's how I feel with Dan Snyder owning the team as well.

I'm sorry if I don't want to go back to the 2009/2010 or 2013/2014 seasons again right now. If Kirk Cousins is gone next year, then we can have that discussion, but not now. Right now I want the Redskins to win.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group