You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nate Sudfeld
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Nate Sudfeld Reply with quote

Don't like to hear this Crying or Very sad . Michael Phillips ( Richmond Times-Dispatch ) said in his camp observations-AT THIS POINT,,, he doesn't see Sudfeld as a viable option for 2017. UGH
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much why I said we had to take a flyer on somebody in this draft.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
mike23md

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Nate Sudfeld Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Don't like to hear this Crying or Very sad . Michael Phillips ( Richmond Times-Dispatch ) said in his camp observations-AT THIS POINT,,, he doesn't see Sudfeld as a viable option for 2017. UGH

Like he won't make the roster?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Nate Sudfeld Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Like he won't make the roster?

I'll have to ask him ..I don't exactly know how to interpret his comment . Think
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to the writer --He just said he didn't see any progression. Looked like the same work in progress he saw last year .. Not anywhere ready to start a game if need be .
He said he'd wait for the pre-season to evaluate him again .
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a work in progress when we drafted him and he'll be a work in progress for probably 3-4 years. Kirk is finally settling into his own and we didn't really start seeing that until year four. It takes time with mid-late rounders.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry he's the perfect number 3.

He's a gamer not a practice guy going all the way back to Indiana

His ceiling is a bottom half number 2 so use him to warm up receivers and save KC and Colts arms. Heck in Shannys offense he's big enough to play center Smile
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart teams draft a developmental QB every 1-2 years in the late rounds. If he isn't showing any kind of progression, you cut him and draft another 4th-6th rounder.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
Smart teams draft a developmental QB every 1-2 years in the late rounds. If he isn't showing any kind of progression, you cut him and draft another 4th-6th rounder.

Not sure what you mean here- last year we drafted one in round 6. Let's give him another year and see what we have. Is it a Mark Rypien type guy or as you say we look next year again

This year's QB class was shallow.
Round 5 Peterman
6 kaya
7 Kelly
That's it in 17 draft
mar29020

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Nate Sudfeld Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
i dont think anyone with a brain would expect sudfeld to do ANYTHING. he is not good and is just a body
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Nate Sudfeld Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
i dont think anyone with a brain would expect sudfeld to do ANYTHING. he is not good and is just a body

Not just a body. He's really big body with an above average arm. Doesn't make him an NFL QB but I'm sure we all hope he be developed into an asset for our team .
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate Sudfeld Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Not just a body. He's really big body with an above average arm. Doesn't make him an NFL QB but I'm sure we all hope he be developed into an asset for our team .

I like the kid as a developmental guy. He's just starting year 2. Let's see how he plays through training camp and exhibition season. Right now he's better than that "diva" we traded a kings ransom for whose now trying to get a team in Canada to sign him to resurrect his career. New marketing campaign-All in for North of the Border sponsored by Tim Hortons
mar29020

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate Sudfeld Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

that doesnt mean squat
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:

Not sure what you mean here- last year we drafted one in round 6. Let's give him another year and see what we have. Is it a Mark Rypien type guy or as you say we look next year again

This year's QB class was shallow.
Round 5 Peterman
6 kaya
7 Kelly
That's it in 17 draft

My point is that successful organizations draft a developmental QB every few years and we should too. We already have our starter for the foreseeable (sorta) future. If Nate Sudfeld doesn't show improvement in 2-3 years, you dump him and move onto the next developmental QB that you draft in the later rounds.

I think we are in lockstep
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is totally an over reaction by a beat reporter looking for some retweets and attention in June, what a crock of crap.

First of all, it's June!

Second of all, he's throwing to a bunch of new WRs, young guys and rookies/UDFAs as the #3 qb. They need time to gain some chemistry, they've barely played together and we all know that the passing game is predicated off of timing and chemistry between the qb and his receivers.

Third, I have no clue in what context Phillips means. Does Sudfeld isn't a viable option as a starter in 17? Well duh! None one in the world expected him to be. Does he mean he doesn't think he'd be a viable back up? Well that sucks at this point that he hasn't developed into someone who reporters think that could develop into a good back up. Or, does he think he won't develop enough to where he feels he deserves to make the team?

The last one is just something I just don't believe, I'll be shocked if he doesn't develop more with these new receivers and proves he deserves a roster spot. So, this is kind of whatever at this point, let's see what he does in training camp and preseason before we go overreacting and jumping to conclusions Mike Phillips! Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: