You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay- feeling increased pressure to win this year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Jay- feeling increased pressure to win this year? Reply with quote

One of my favorite coaches Bob Stoops just stepped down at 58.

I know and everyone who knows me understands I am not a Jay fanboy. Lots of reasons, but primarily because I love the Redskins and want them to win the Super Bowl again. This is about as likely with Jay coaching as me having a month long threesome with Pia and Pixie see below. Jay is a low intellect, lazy, underachieving coach whose potential tops out as a middle of the road guy you'd like to having a beer with or twist his nipples (dime a dozen head coach) who has proven when the competition gets serious he's a choker and loser.

Now Bob Stoops- Think Jay and take his strengths and add in a big dose of Joe Gibbs/Bill Bellichik work ethic and leadership of men and thats Bob Stoops.

If I owned the team Id try to hire him right now and fire Jay. If he wants a little time off Id hire him as a consultant now and work him to become head coach either in a year or certainly after two years. Heck we may have his QB here next year anyway if Cousins doesn't sign.

Here's a few articles to learn more about him. Danny- pull the trigger: Jay its curtains, but his future where he'd be happier anyway is in the booth.

But if by some remarkable chance Jay wins a super bowl with us, I'd be very very happy being "wrong about Jay" while enjoying being a sandwich between Pia and Pixie.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19571249/bob-stoops-steps-coach-oklahoma-sooners

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1908393-why-bob-stoops-not-nick-saban-was-the-best-coach-of-the-bcs-era

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2017/06/07/where-bob-stoops-ranks-college-football-coaches/102606454/

[img]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/685/882/hi-res-654895-jan-2001-head-coach-bob-stoops-j-t-thatcher-and-ontei_crop_exact.jpg?w=900&h=600&q=75[/img]



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 3698
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Jay- feeling increased pressure to win this year? Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
One of my favorite coaches Bob Stoops just stepped down at 58.

I know and everyone who knows me understands I am not a Jay fanboy. Lots of reasons, but primarily because I love the Redskins and want them to win the Super Bowl again. This is about as likely with Jay coaching as me having a month long threesome with Pia and Pixie see below. Jay is a low intellect, lazy, underachieving coach whose potential tops out as a middle of the road guy you'd like to having a beer with or twist his nipples (dime a dozen head coach) who has proven when the competition gets serious he's a choker and loser.

Now Bob Stoops- Think Jay and take his strengths and add in a big dose of Joe Gibbs/Bill Bellichik work ethic and leadership of men and thats Bob Stoops.

If I owned the team Id try to hire him right now and fire Jay. If he wants a little time off Id hire him as a consultant now and work him to become head coach either in a year or certainly after two years. Heck we may have his QB here next year anyway if Cousins doesn't sign.

Here's a few articles to learn more about him. Danny- pull the trigger: Jay its curtains, but his future where he'd be happier anyway is in the booth.

But if by some remarkable chance Jay wins a super bowl with us, I'd be very very happy being "wrong about Jay" while enjoying being a sandwich between Pia and Pixie.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19571249/bob-stoops-steps-coach-oklahoma-sooners

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1908393-why-bob-stoops-not-nick-saban-was-the-best-coach-of-the-bcs-era

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2017/06/07/where-bob-stoops-ranks-college-football-coaches/102606454/

[img]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/685/882/hi-res-654895-jan-2001-head-coach-bob-stoops-j-t-thatcher-and-ontei_crop_exact.jpg?w=900&h=600&q=75[/img]





To be honest I didn't read a word but that's a well thought out great post keep the beautiful women coming lolthats what we need more of this time of the year lol
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 7252
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jay has done a tremendous job for a first time headcoach who's GM position and roster has been in flux basically since he's been here. He never got the luxury of drafting his own QB and basically didn't get to pick his own coordinators. Our defense has been terrible and that's not his fault. The only thing he's technically responsible for is the offense and that's basically been the only thing worth a damn since he's been coach.

He's growing into the role and Snyder has done well by being patient with him. I have no interest in kicking him to the curb to hire a college coach.
_________________
Dashing is the greatest FF poster ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mar29020


Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 1820
Location: VA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gruden took over a dumpster fire and has done well. i think he has earned two more years of coaching
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doc Draper


Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 5169
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
gruden took over a dumpster fire and has done well. i think he has earned two more years of coaching


Ok but let's let him go to Cinn next year when Marvin retires because you won't win a Super Bowl with "Sponge Jay Fudge Pants"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mar29020


Joined: 07 Mar 2015
Posts: 1820
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
gruden took over a dumpster fire and has done well. i think he has earned two more years of coaching


Ok but let's let him go to Cinn next year when Marvin retires because you won't win a Super Bowl with "Sponge Jay Fudge Pants"
we wont sniff a SB until snyder sells or dies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 19117
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I think Jay has done a tremendous job for a first time headcoach who's GM position and roster has been in flux basically since he's been here. He never got the luxury of drafting his own QB and basically didn't get to pick his own coordinators. Our defense has been terrible and that's not his fault. The only thing he's technically responsible for is the offense and that's basically been the only thing worth a damn since he's been coach.

He's growing into the role and Snyder has done well by being patient with him. I have no interest in kicking him to the curb to hire a college coach.


Completely agree here.

Oh, and Doc?

Keep pics of Pia Wurtzbach coming. I could look at her all day long.
_________________


As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thaiphoon


Moderator
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 19117
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mar29020 wrote:
gruden took over a dumpster fire and has done well. i think he has earned two more years of coaching


Ok but let's let him go to Cinn next year when Marvin retires because you won't win a Super Bowl with "Sponge Jay Fudge Pants"
we wont sniff a SB until snyder sells or dies


See my sig
_________________


As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I think Jay has done a tremendous job for a first time headcoach who's GM position and roster has been in flux basically since he's been here. He never got the luxury of drafting his own QB and basically didn't get to pick his own coordinators. Our defense has been terrible and that's not his fault. The only thing he's technically responsible for is the offense and that's basically been the only thing worth a damn since he's been coach.

He's growing into the role and Snyder has done well by being patient with him. I have no interest in kicking him to the curb to hire a college coach.
Keeping it 100
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8924
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facts jay Gruden is intact the best head coach we have had since Gibbs .

Facts .

He might of been stubborn but our O is progressively good and did a good job in the offseason with Allen and Campbell .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Facts jay Gruden is intact the best head coach we have had since Gibbs .

Facts .

He might of been stubborn but our O is progressively good and did a good job in the offseason with Allen and Campbell .


Have to agree. After Spurrier and Zorn and all the other clowns I can't remember.... Jay has been molding a team that is starting to look dangerous, and the Defense is a few players away from being one that teams are scared to play against.

I'm all in with Jay because no "proven" coach is ever going to come here and work under the Snyde
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Facts jay Gruden is intact the best head coach we have had since Gibbs .

Facts .

He might of been stubborn but our O is progressively good and did a good job in the offseason with Allen and Campbell .


Have to agree. After Spurrier and Zorn and all the other clowns I can't remember.... Jay has been molding a team that is starting to look dangerous, and the Defense is a few players away from being one that teams are scared to play against.

I'm all in with Jay because no "proven" coach is ever going to come here and work under the Snyder.
I am too a Jay fan, but I just can't say he's a better "coach than Shanahan." Shanahan is still and always will be a back to back super bowl winning coach. In a lot of ways, Jay's tenure in DC has been the same as Shanahan's. They were both good offensive coaches that were able to build powerful offenses. There's no doubt in my mind that if Shanahan was our coach still that the team wouldn't be similar because by now Shanahan would have Cousins as our qb, and our running game would almost definitely be better because of Shanahan's ZBS with Alfred Morris or another running back.

The problem Shanahan had was having the final say on personnel issues and building a defense - except in 2011 - but that was short lived because of injury. Where Shanahan messed up, and this franchise has continued to mess up since he left is building a better than average defense. The poor play of the defense and the way the Shanahan and RG3 feud ended in 2013 were the reasons he was gone after that season.

So, I'll say that if Shanahan was still here, our team would be similar to what it is under Jay and we'd almost definitely have a better running game so, our team may have been better the last two years if Shanahan was our coach.

Also, I believe that if Jay and Allen don't eventually build their defense to play better than average then, they'll find themselves fired in a few years just like Ceratto and Zorn were in 09 and Shanahan was in 2013.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Facts jay Gruden is intact the best head coach we have had since Gibbs .

Facts .

He might of been stubborn but our O is progressively good and did a good job in the offseason with Allen and Campbell .


Have to agree. After Spurrier and Zorn and all the other clowns I can't remember.... Jay has been molding a team that is starting to look dangerous, and the Defense is a few players away from being one that teams are scared to play against.

I'm all in with Jay because no "proven" coach is ever going to come here and work under the Snyder.
I am too a Jay fan, but I just can't say he's a better "coach than Shanahan." Shanahan is still and always will be a back to back super bowl winning coach. In a lot of ways, Jay's tenure in DC has been the same as Shanahan's. They were both good offensive coaches that were able to build powerful offenses. There's no doubt in my mind that if Shanahan was our coach still that the team wouldn't be similar because by now Shanahan would have Cousins as our qb, and our running game would almost definitely be better because of Shanahan's ZBS with Alfred Morris or another running back.

The problem Shanahan had was having the final say on personnel issues and building a defense - except in 2011 - but that was short lived because of injury. Where Shanahan messed up, and this franchise has continued to mess up since he left is building a better than average defense. The poor play of the defense and the way the Shanahan and RG3 feud ended in 2013 were the reasons he was gone after that season.

So, I'll say that if Shanahan was still here, our team would be similar to what it is under Jay and we'd almost definitely have a better running game so, our team may have been better the last two years if Shanahan was our coach.

Also, I believe that if Jay and Allen don't eventually build their defense to play better than average then, they'll find themselves fired in a few years just like Ceratto and Zorn were in 09 and Shanahan was in 2013.
Cmon Man I backed Shanahan (BOTH) and you ran them into the ground for YEARS. I showed examples of things Shanahan came up with and why Kyle is a genius, only to get ripped by only You. I really can't believe you would do the Ultimate Flip-flop on this. It was a matter of contention between us and many in the forum with you going Nuts trying to ruin Sr. and Jr.
When you go that hard on something for years and fully exasperate people who try and convince you otherwise, you don't get the right to make a post like this and be taken seriously.
I refuse to respond because I'm still shaking my head every time I look up.

I can't even start, you even vehemently discounted his Superbowl wins, as well as anything at all positive you can try and say about him now. I can't play this game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81159
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Facts jay Gruden is intact the best head coach we have had since Gibbs .

Facts .

He might of been stubborn but our O is progressively good and did a good job in the offseason with Allen and Campbell .


Have to agree. After Spurrier and Zorn and all the other clowns I can't remember.... Jay has been molding a team that is starting to look dangerous, and the Defense is a few players away from being one that teams are scared to play against.

I'm all in with Jay because no "proven" coach is ever going to come here and work under the Snyder.
I am too a Jay fan, but I just can't say he's a better "coach than Shanahan." Shanahan is still and always will be a back to back super bowl winning coach. In a lot of ways, Jay's tenure in DC has been the same as Shanahan's. They were both good offensive coaches that were able to build powerful offenses. There's no doubt in my mind that if Shanahan was our coach still that the team wouldn't be similar because by now Shanahan would have Cousins as our qb, and our running game would almost definitely be better because of Shanahan's ZBS with Alfred Morris or another running back.

The problem Shanahan had was having the final say on personnel issues and building a defense - except in 2011 - but that was short lived because of injury. Where Shanahan messed up, and this franchise has continued to mess up since he left is building a better than average defense. The poor play of the defense and the way the Shanahan and RG3 feud ended in 2013 were the reasons he was gone after that season.

So, I'll say that if Shanahan was still here, our team would be similar to what it is under Jay and we'd almost definitely have a better running game so, our team may have been better the last two years if Shanahan was our coach.

Also, I believe that if Jay and Allen don't eventually build their defense to play better than average then, they'll find themselves fired in a few years just like Ceratto and Zorn were in 09 and Shanahan was in 2013.
Cmon Man I backed Shanahan (BOTH) and you ran them into the ground for YEARS. I showed examples of things Shanahan came up with and why Kyle is a genius, only to get ripped by only You. I really can't believe you would do the Ultimate Flip-flop on this. It was a matter of contention between us and many in the forum with you going Nuts trying to ruin Sr. and Jr.
When you go that hard on something for years and fully exasperate people who try and convince you otherwise, you don't get the right to make a post like this and be taken seriously.
I refuse to respond because I'm still shaking my head every time I look up.

I can't even start, you even vehemently discounted his Superbowl wins, as well as anything at all positive you can try and say about him now. I can't play this game.
Well they were idiots at times like when Kyle and Mike decided that Grossman and Beck could be good answers at qb. Mike was an idiot for how he mishandled the Griffin injury. He also screwed up most of his draft picks. Kyle was dumb for thinking he knows it all and not running out the clock when he has a lead like in the super bowl.

That being said he was still a very competent coach. If we had a Real GM and Shanahan was just the HC things may have been different.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED


Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Posts: 5589
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Dashing wrote:
Facts jay Gruden is intact the best head coach we have had since Gibbs .

Facts .

He might of been stubborn but our O is progressively good and did a good job in the offseason with Allen and Campbell .


Have to agree. After Spurrier and Zorn and all the other clowns I can't remember.... Jay has been molding a team that is starting to look dangerous, and the Defense is a few players away from being one that teams are scared to play against.

I'm all in with Jay because no "proven" coach is ever going to come here and work under the Snyder.
I am too a Jay fan, but I just can't say he's a better "coach than Shanahan." Shanahan is still and always will be a back to back super bowl winning coach. In a lot of ways, Jay's tenure in DC has been the same as Shanahan's. They were both good offensive coaches that were able to build powerful offenses. There's no doubt in my mind that if Shanahan was our coach still that the team wouldn't be similar because by now Shanahan would have Cousins as our qb, and our running game would almost definitely be better because of Shanahan's ZBS with Alfred Morris or another running back.

The problem Shanahan had was having the final say on personnel issues and building a defense - except in 2011 - but that was short lived because of injury. Where Shanahan messed up, and this franchise has continued to mess up since he left is building a better than average defense. The poor play of the defense and the way the Shanahan and RG3 feud ended in 2013 were the reasons he was gone after that season.

So, I'll say that if Shanahan was still here, our team would be similar to what it is under Jay and we'd almost definitely have a better running game so, our team may have been better the last two years if Shanahan was our coach.

Also, I believe that if Jay and Allen don't eventually build their defense to play better than average then, they'll find themselves fired in a few years just like Ceratto and Zorn were in 09 and Shanahan was in 2013.
Cmon Man I backed Shanahan (BOTH) and you ran them into the ground for YEARS. I showed examples of things Shanahan came up with and why Kyle is a genius, only to get ripped by only You. I really can't believe you would do the Ultimate Flip-flop on this. It was a matter of contention between us and many in the forum with you going Nuts trying to ruin Sr. and Jr.
When you go that hard on something for years and fully exasperate people who try and convince you otherwise, you don't get the right to make a post like this and be taken seriously.
I refuse to respond because I'm still shaking my head every time I look up.

I can't even start, you even vehemently discounted his Superbowl wins, as well as anything at all positive you can try and say about him now. I can't play this game.
Well they were idiots at times like when Kyle and Mike decided that Grossman and Beck could be good answers at qb. Mike was an idiot for how he mishandled the Griffin injury. He also screwed up most of his draft picks. Kyle was dumb for thinking he knows it all and not running out the clock when he has a lead like in the super bowl.

That being said he was still a very competent coach. If we had a Real GM and Shanahan was just the HC things may have been different.


NOT PLAYING. You have argued your extreme personal hatred of BOTH Shanahans for too many years for me to take anything you say on the matter seriously. No need for you to respond unless you enjoy talking to yourself. You destroyed your credibility long ago.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group