You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens release Dennis Pitta after major hip injury
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Ravens release Dennis Pitta after major hip injury Reply with quote

Quote:
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Dennis Pitta was released by the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday, five days after the veteran tight end re-injured his right hip, the team announced.

This move clears $2.5 million in much-needed cap space for the Ravens, who could be looking to add a wide receiver in the coming days. Baltimore didn't have to give an injury settlement to Pitta because he signed a waiver after fracturing his hip in 2013 and 2014.

This is a potentially career-ending injury for Pitta, who led all NFL tight ends last season with 86 catches. In Friday's offseason practice, he hurt his hip without any contact, falling to the ground after trying to make a catch.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19570402/baltimore-ravens-release-te-dennis-pitta-hip-injury

Pitta sacrificed his body to help the Ravens organization, took on additional risk by signing a waiver following the prior hip injuries, and now that he's gotten hurt again the Ravens just kick him to the curb. Well within their rights, of course, but it certainly isn't a good look to watch a club just cut ties without assisting their former player. The NFL is a cutthroat business, and this is just another example of it.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're far too sensitive here. He's shown to beincredibly injury prone in the past, and what happens before TC? He suffers another injury.

He is/was a waste of a roster spot and the Ravens did the right thing by moving on.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
bananabucket

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Ravens release Dennis Pitta after major hip injury Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

Pitta sacrificed his body to help the Ravens organization

Lol. Saint Dennis.
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can never know when RuskieTitan is actually serious or not.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The injury waiver was part of the contract he signed in 2014. It was for this exact reason. He knew what it meant, and was able to earn $20M in the 3 years since that contract was signed. Without this waiver in his contract, he definitely wouldn't have gotten the raw figures in the contract that he did, coming off the original injury.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:

It's truly a gift, I tell you.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hipfired.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
The injury waiver was part of the contract he signed in 2014. It was for this exact reason. He knew what it meant, and was able to earn $20M in the 3 years since that contract was signed. Without this waiver in his contract, he definitely wouldn't have gotten the raw figures in the contract that he did, coming off the original injury.

Well i hope he either had insurance or 200k in the hip rehab account.
Forge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Well i hope he either had insurance or 200k in the hip rehab account.

I was just about to say that too. The minute that they told him that he needed to sign the injury waiver, he should have been on the phone with the insurance company to protect himself. The NFL can be a cold blooded business, and he had to have known that, so hopefully, he got some sort of insurance for the back end.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoSojia wrote:

it's those kind of posts that make the internet so great. we salute you, RuskieTitan.

so who starts now for Baltimore? Maxx Williams? Ourlads has Benjamin Watson as the starter, but I seriously doubt that this is the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
BroncoSojia wrote:

it's those kind of posts that make the internet so great. we salute you, RuskieTitan.

so who starts now for Baltimore? Maxx Williams? Ourlads has Benjamin Watson as the starter, but I seriously doubt that this is the case.

I think Williams fits as a move TE. Given he hasn't even taken the field yet, I think Watson is the starting inline TE, and I think you're more likely to have Darren Waller as the move TE, barring a Barnidge signing (who again isn't really an inline TE, either).
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitta's a good talent but given his injury history I'm not surprised the Raves moved on from him.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Pitta's a good talent but given his injury history I'm not surprised the Raves moved on from him.

His career is over. It's not a football decision. He's not going to be medically cleared. It'd be irresponsible on all sides if he gets back onto the football field.

Career ending injuries/conditions for our leader in receptions and our leader in receptions and our leader in tackles last year Sad
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitta made $23 million+ during his tenure in Baltimore so lets not act like the Ravens did him dirty here. He was a waste of a roster spot because his career is likely over so what else should they have done.

El ramster on the custom sig!
DingoLadd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the ravens don't really have another choice, he's not playing another snap in his career and no medical team would clear him ever again.

Pitta hopefully can retire and be in comfortable shape after making a decent chunk of change from the ravens. Sucks that is has to go this way but he knew the risks of coming back.

Long live Phillip Rivers and his constant carrying of this god awful team.

Also go (South Carolina) Charleston Dingoes. Looking for a co-owner for a fantasy team so PM me please.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: